A tribute to the street dogs

geronimo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I act nice and friendly,

and don't go for his crutch,

Great little poem. Thanks. Clearly you understand the soi dog's life. One little edit.......I think you meant crotch? not crutch? Every farang will have a crotch (between the legs where they join the torso), but not so many will have a crutch (long stick to support their weight).

• Like 1

They are a pest and should be rounded up an killed off. They are a traffic hazard, a danger to kids and bark incessantly.

Thanks for this. Following an earlier thread on the Ignore function, i'd forgotten to add you. Rectified smile.png

Likewise.....just discovered there is an ignore function. Thanks for that jpeg. Just added two from this thread that I don't care to read comments from........

Oooooo...the soi dog haters are out today eh?

All I wanna say is that the missus & I currently have

4 rescued soi dogs at home & they're great dogs.

Excellent house guards too. All up...in the years

I've lived in LOS (more than most of you-less than

a few) I have had nothing but soi dogs...I don't

remember the exact number but it's been quite a

lot and they've all been good dogs...never a problem

to me...later with the missus or our friends. They

just need a chance that's all. That said...some of the

severely injured soi dogs should be humanely put down

but NEVER sold to the dog meat trade and anybody

who advocates this should be sold into human slavery.

the trouble with "rescuing" Soi dogs is that they are then allowed to run round and procreate - so in turn it usually exacerbates the problem.

PS - dog's lifespan is about 12 years so how long does one have to be here to have had so many you can't remember? what happened to them?

When you’re walking the streets of Pattaya

And the Soi dogs snarl and bark at-a-ya

Just bear in mind

That some twerp thought it’d’ be kind

To feed it, as if that don’t matter-ya?

I walk every day and never have a problem. Maybe it's your snarling attitude? I feed them when I can.

Feeding the dogs is the WORST thing anyone can do. It doesn't alleviate their suffering in the long run - it prolongs it...BUT it allows them to procreate. People continuing this myopic "good deed" trust exacerbates the dog problem - they can only exist if there's food. If you cut off there various sources of food the problem will dwindle to insignificance.

• Like 1

Why do some dogs have big balls? Have you not noticed how so many Soi dogs suffer from cysts, prolapses and other growths. After mating the bitch's vagina often clamps onto the male dog's penis the base of which swells - this when sperm is passed and it helps fertilisation but it means the dogs remained joined together for some time (C. 5- 20 minutes or more), if at this point the dogs are disturbed or attacked it can lead to serious injury to the genitals and then subsequent infection. These and other infections that become enormous sacks of pus, eventually leading to septicaemia and a lingering death.

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 1

Why do some dogs have big balls? Have you not noticed how so many Soi dogs suffer from cysts, prolapses and other growths. After mating the bitch's vagina often clamps onto the male dog's penis the base of which swells - this when sperm is passed and it helps fertilisation but it means the dogs remained joined together for some time (C. 5- 20 minutes or more), if at this point the dogs are disturbed or attacked it can lead to serious injury to the genitals and then subsequent infection. These and other infections that become enormous sacks of pus, eventually leading to septicaemia and a lingering death.

Thanks for that Wilco. Was just enjoying my lunch .........

Just bear in mind

I walk every day and never have a problem. Maybe it's your snarling attitude? I feed them when I can.

Feeding the dogs is the WORST thing anyone can do. It doesn't alleviate their suffering in the long run - it prolongs it...BUT it allows them to procreate. People continuing this myopic "good deed" trust exacerbates the dog problem - they can only exist if there's food. If you cut off there various sources of food the problem will dwindle to insignificance.

You have convinced me, take away their food and the will disapear, hey, it worked for Stalin with the Ukranians.
  • Like 1

Just bear in mind

Could be your after shave............whistling.gif ......................laugh.png

Just bear in mind

Sounds like you are confusing soi dogs with vampires or some alien species that has invaded the planet !!!

• Like 1

send all these bloody dogs to Vietnam. There they will be served as dishes, same as cats and rats....Start NOW

vile man that you are ..go back where you come from.if you dont like it...thumbsup.gif ..neither the dogs or people will miss you....thai air is good ...

Oh so another one who eats cows, sheep, pigs and chickens kept in barbaric conditions, but who is horrified when it's suggested the poor little doggie vermin should all be put down or eaten as well.

Just bear in mind

It's a limerick!

however if you think that you single experience is element....well ,take another think?

by feeding the dogs you are being a major contributor to the dog problem - not just in your neighbourhood but in the country as a whole.

Maybe so! I can think of a few billion people that are a major problem to this planet. At least when the dogs die they havent left x amounts of plastic and huge carbon footprints on the planet!

• Like 1

Just bear in mind

It's a limerick!

however if you think that you single experience is element....well ,take another think?

by feeding the dogs you are being a major contributor to the dog problem - not just in your neighbourhood but in the country as a whole.

Maybe so! I can think of a few billion people that are a major problem to this planet. At least when the dogs die they havent left x amounts of plastic and huge carbon footprints on the planet!

The love and loyalty a dog gives can never be returned. Any man that does not like dogs... has some humane, kindness lacking/missing inside

It's not love, they will respond to anyone that feeds them, dogs are pathetically dependent animals. So you don't eat cows, sheep, pigs, chickens or fish then? I think anyone who does has something missing inside. I have not eaten any animal for nearly 50 years but I don't see any problem with dealing with things that are a problem, like soi dogs. Be as sentimental as you like, but if at the same time you are eating animals you are a hypocrite.

Soi Mutts only exist because of worthless humans who throw them to the streets when they move from one place to another. Soi Mutts bark to much, bite to much, and crap everywhere to much, it's just the way they are, and the authories are more worthless than the humans who throw them to the street. Difficult to take a casual stroll down any street without being attacked by an owners Mutt or a Soi Mutt, always have to carry a long stick and constantly watch your back.

• Like 1

Oooooo...the soi dog haters are out today eh?

All I wanna say is that the missus & I currently have

4 rescued soi dogs at home & they're great dogs.

Excellent house guards too. All up...in the years

I've lived in LOS (more than most of you-less than

a few) I have had nothing but soi dogs...I don't

remember the exact number but it's been quite a

lot and they've all been good dogs...never a problem

to me...later with the missus or our friends. They

just need a chance that's all. That said...some of the

severely injured soi dogs should be humanely put down

but NEVER sold to the dog meat trade and anybody

who advocates this should be sold into human slavery.

loyal is not the word,anybody thats not read the book of his majesty the king of thailand "the story of thong daen" should try and get a copy if you can find one.you then might have a different opinion[dog haters]

The love and loyalty a dog gives can never be returned. Any man that does not like dogs... has some humane, kindness lacking/missing inside

It's not love, they will respond to anyone that feeds them, dogs are pathetically dependent animals. So you don't eat cows, sheep, pigs, chickens or fish then? I think anyone who does has something missing inside. I have not eaten any animal for nearly 50 years but I don't see any problem with dealing with things that are a problem, like soi dogs. Be as sentimental as you like, but if at the same time you are eating animals you are a hypocrite.

I had a pet bull. His name was BBQ. Had him since he was a small calf. One day while coming to the house for his morning meal he ran over me. Did you ever have a 200 lb animal run over you? That afternoon BBQ went to market (not for shopping). I got pig and chicken stories too.biggrin.png

They are a pest and should be rounded up an killed off. They are a traffic hazard, a danger to kids and bark incessantly.

Yes 100% agreed ...they need to be humainly culled off to sensible levels 70 now in soi near me and growing ,flea ridden and totally neglected. Thai care at its best!

I've always had dogs, from working sheepdogs to Soi dogs and everything in between. But like any animal, including ourselves, if the population gets out of control and they're not being looked after, you have to do something. Yes too many Soi dogs do spread more disease and are a a conduit for the nastier ones like rabies. Unfortunately keeping strays is a less than helpful side of buddhist temple customs. Don't know the answer, except that when I visited Taipei for the first time a couple of years ago, it was a real pleasure to see the absence of stray anything, and the place was clean.(and they don't eat them - much)

My dog is fourteen years old and I found her padding along the side of a busy road in search of mum and her seven siblings. She's have been no more than two weeks old so I picked her up and put her in my pocket and cycled home. She has a wonderful life and is one of the family and although she's missed out on a lot of the activities the street dogs get to do, she has a great life surrounded by those who love her.

Lets' hear some more dog stories guys.

Many years ago me and my wife were driving down the road past a temple and saw a tiny puppy in the middle of the road. We stopped and picked her up and looked around the temple for the mother but no sign so took her home. She stayed with us for 10 wonderful years and was the easiest going dog I've ever had. Loved other dogs ( although a neighbour had a poodle and when she spotted the poodle she went ballistic for some reason). I found her passed away one morning in her favourite corner and when I was at work that day ( I nearly pulled my first sickie ever) I'm not ashamed to admit my assistant found me crying like a baby in my office. I'm welling up a bit as i write this.

Flossie sweetheart we miss you.

yep never a day goes by without a tear or 2, thats the first today and many more for the greyhounds i used to own i remember you all,penny,darkie,digger and shoot and the ones i used to train.

• Like 1

Thanks for that Wilco. Was just enjoying my lunch .........

Don't blame me - blame the idiots who feed the dogs!

Yes 100% agreed ...they need to be humainly culled off to sensible levels 70 now in soi near me and growing ,flea ridden and totally neglected. Thai care at its best!

sadly as has been pinter out over and over again, culls don't work. At best they provide short-term relief but that's it.