Low class

Kangawallafox

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do the high class Aussies vacation?

pattaya,phuket,samui .

lo-so aussies holiday in the esarn, we are too ashamed to be looked down upon by hi-so thais we meet in those places.

More than 1000 Australians were arrested and 295 were convicted, sentenced and imprisoned (overseas). -Melbourne woman Annice Smoel, 36, was one of the year's highest-profile cases, making international headlines and risking five years' jail for allegedly stealing a bar mat from a pub on the Thai resort island of Phuket.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/travel/news/more-aussies-breaking-law-abroad/story-e6frg8ro-1225814265083

Edited by thailiketoo

Where do the high class Aussies vacation?

pattaya,phuket,samui .

lo-so aussies holiday in the esarn, we are too ashamed to be looked down upon by hi-so thais we meet in those places.

More than 1000 Australians were arrested and 295 were convicted, sentenced and imprisoned (overseas). -Melbourne woman Annice Smoel, 36, was one of the year's highest-profile cases, making international headlines and risking five years' jail for allegedly stealing a bar mat from a pub on the Thai resort island of Phuket.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/travel/news/more-aussies-breaking-law-abroad/story-e6frg8ro-1225814265083

only 1000 arrested thats not bad considering the number of idiots from australia who holiday in thailand,

Back to the OP's situation, my favorite response when someone (don't care from where) says something dumb like that, I like to pull one out of John Stewart's playbook and say "go on......" (rising tone, haha). Nicely ask them to explain themselves and let the hilarity ensue. If they are dumb enough to make stupid insulting comments like that, chances are they aren't the brightest bulb in the bunch and will have trouble explaining themselves (usually they end up saying even stupider things as they scramble to support their ideas...priceless).

It's something akin to making your own live fail video--enjoy.

It also comes with two options--1)passive option--sit back and listen. Nod your head from time to time. Smile if they make an insulting joke. Look serious and concerned when they are serious and concerned. Act like you totally believe them and laugh about it on your own or with your friends. 2) interactive version--as they stumble through their incoherent and poorly thought out "discourse", throw in some corrections here and there that you are 100% sure of. Optimal if they go some distance in throwing off their train of though, debunking their premises and make a humorous point all at the same time.

But she was infact telling the truth, Australia ( other than the native aboriginies) was in fact colonised largely by convicts.

Or is that not the case ? Have I been misinformed ?

Thanks mate,I was not aware she was telling the truth when she said we Aussies are beneath everyone.

By the way not all Aussies are descendants of convicts so you are misinformed.

For all the Aussies on line, just remember Michael Jackson here thinks Aussies are low class.

Classy post mate.

Not only him, I also happen to think many Aussies are low class.

But she was infact telling the truth, Australia ( other than the native aboriginies) was in fact colonised largely by convicts.

Or is that not the case ? Have I been misinformed ?

No you have not been misinformed. I once heard a researcher on the history of Australia say that one in Three Australian born are descended from the original convicts. I would imagine in recent years that has changed.

what also was interesting was like the original settlers in the states they might not have made it if it hadn't been for help from the natives. Both countries then turned on the origanal natives and even today look down on them. Not quite as openly as they used to.

I believe it was only in the early 90s that they started teaching their history in school. O suspect they were a little ashamed of it.

Taking the early settlers/convicted criminals subject a little further??

Australians like to boast about how sturdy their soldiers are and their sportsmen and teams ability to "Punch above their weight??

There were, an interesting topic in either 'Time' or 'Newsweek' many, many years ago about gene pools?? The Aussies were mentioned, owing to how the settlers/convicts had to (mostly) build their own shelters, scavenge (mostly) for food. So only the strong willed, strong physically and determined males survived. The weak, sick etc died owing to no help from others. This gene pool spread itself throughout the open plan jail (My Joke) called Australia, the rest we know as sporting records that the drunks in Pattaya regale us with.

The article finished with the predominance of American blacks in many physical games and sports. Explanation were that, only the strong and fit were allowed to mate/breed in the Southern (slave) plantations. So therefore again only the strong were allowed to pass on their genes.

The article bent over backwards to say it were not racial stereotyping, but in fact true. Same as pedigree dogs, race horses et al only winners are allowed to pass on their genes.......

Interesting read, but having worked offshore with a lot of Ozzies I can just imagine them with cudgels, daggers and sticks assaulting poor landowners and monks around closing time for a loaf of bread :-)

Probably looked good on paper but in reality if it hadn't been for the natives they may never have made it. Probably get there ability to punch above their weight from the native Australians breeding in to them. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

Read a response about calling her a hooker (as in I thought all Thai girls are) ... I recall reading that convicts and their doxies were sent over. Is a doxie not a hooker?

@stirtgepotforhilarity

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, considering the large number of convicts in relation to the total number of immigrants, chances are high that Aussies are descendants from murderers, con men, robbers and rapists. Higher than any other nationality. So whether you like it or not or even fail to recognise that fact, she probably DID school you...

Over the 80 years more than 165,000 convicts were transported to Australia.[1]

From weakpedia ... Over the 80 years more than 165,000 convicts were transported to Australia.[1]

The number of convicts pales in comparison to the immigrants who arrived in Australia in the 1851–1871 gold rush. In 1852 alone, 370,000 immigrants arrived in Australia. By 1871 the total population had nearly quadrupled from 430,000 to 1.7 million

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, considering the large number of convicts in relation to the total number of immigrants, chances are high that Aussies are descendants from murderers, con men, robbers and rapists. Higher than any other nationality. So whether you like it or not or even fail to recognise that fact, she probably DID school you...

From weakpedia ... Over the 80 years more than 165,000 convicts were transported to Australia.[1]

That is a WHOLE lot of people, can you imagine the amount of offsprings these numbers will result in? And especially over such a long period of time!?!?!?

Now I am even more convinced, Australia consist of a large number of people coming from convicts

That is a WHOLE lot of people, can you imagine the amount of offsprings these numbers will result in? And especially over such a long period of time!?!?!?

Now I am even more convinced, Australia consist of a large number of people coming from convicts

Daft comments rolleyes.gif . When I was a kid, UK folk could apply to move to Australia for 10 UK pounds, are these folk convicts..............coffee1.gif

• Like 1

That is  a WHOLE lot of people, can you imagine the amount of offsprings these numbers will result in? And especially over such a long period of time!?!?!?

Daft comments Posted Image . When I was a kid, UK folk could apply to move to Australia for 10 UK pounds, are these folk convicts..............Posted Image

Please note this unquoted part of my original post before attributing "daft comments (plural) to me.

The number of convicts pales in comparison to the immigrants who arrived in Australia in the 1851–1871 gold rush...

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

So the exported ''convicts'' from the UK's siblings are also born ''convicts'' in folks eyes here............rolleyes.gif ...................laugh.png

If referring to my post - i was pointing out that NOT every Aussie is a descendant of a convict and you're LESS likely to meet one who is as according to wiki significantly more from a NON CRIMINAL background came later as immigrants.

I hope this clarifies my point...

To the OP

The correct answer was "And I thought all Thai girls were hookers"

It's always a show stopper!

Awesome comeback ! Great going.

The mayflower, the first of many ships that brought people from UK to USA had many convicts. But also had many who just wanted to have religious freedom or hated the throne. So, we can't generalized.