Indian Tourist badly injured in road accident on Pattaya Beach Road

webfact

Indian Tourist badly injured in road accident on Pattaya Beach Road

india-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- An Indian Tourist thought to be in his mid-thirties sustained a broken right leg and other cuts and bruises after he was struck by a motorbike taxi on Pattaya Beach Road in the early hours of Wednesday. Police suspect the Indian was intoxicated.

Police and rescue services made their way to the scene of the accident in front of the Tropicana Hotel at the Northern-end of Pattaya Beach. Lying on the road was the Indian tourist whose name was not forthcoming. He had sustained a suspected broken right leg and cuts and bruises to his upper-body.

Nearby was the motorbike taxi driver Khun Jalernsak who was carrying a female passenger at the time of the crash, both sustained minor cuts and bruises and damage was sustained to his motorbike.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/109661/indian-tourist-badly-injured-road-accident-pattaya-beach-road/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-11-21

I am sorry to say they do have a habit of ambling along in the middle of the road oblivious to all, even when sober.

Funny you should say that ,but yesterday outside central one was doing just that ,i clipped his arm with my wing mirror ,,last i saw of him was him shouting and holding his elbow ,might walk on the pavement next time.

they indeed have the irritating (and dangerous) habit of either walking on the road or standing in a group on the road, discussing. I too bareley avoided running them over a couple of times. Is it normal in India for people to stand in the middle of traffic?

"Police suspect the Indian was intoxicated." Any tests for motorcycle driver? Yaba perhaps? I am not familiar with the particulars in this case, but with so many vendors, tailors, etc clogging sidewalks, sometimes street is only place one can walk and get somewhere....

I am sorry to say they do have a habit of ambling along in the middle of the road oblivious to all, even when sober.

Funny you should say that ,but yesterday outside central one was doing just that ,i clipped his arm with my wing mirror ,,last i saw of him was him shouting and holding his elbow ,might walk on the pavement next time.

Yeah, that's happened to me three times and only one was intentional whistling.gif .

2nd Road/Pattaya Tai area seems to be the worst. They walk 3 abreast and seem to think they have the right of way.

• Like 1

they indeed have the irritating (and dangerous) habit of either walking on the road or standing in a group on the road, discussing. I too bareley avoided running them over a couple of times. Is it normal in India for people to stand in the middle of traffic?

Well the cows do it and seem to get away with it?giggle.gif

Spent many months at a time in Keppel Fels shipyard in Singapore doing Dry-docks. The amount of Indians there make the place look like Mumbai.

Every morning and every night there are coaches taking company employees to and fro the hotels. They amble across the roads, making the buses swerve to miss them. But unfortunately about once a fortnight one gets knocked down or clipped.

The report always has "Never seen the bus, it were going to fast" yet countless people say different.

Another casualty is shipped back over the bride to Malaya, usually never heard again.

Asking them why they do?? Usual answers are "Why should we run"? "We are not scared"?

The mind boggles.

But you go over to Geylang, see them pissed.... Jeez dead men walking

A lot of times there's nowhere else to stand.

"Police suspect the Indian was intoxicated." Any tests for motorcycle driver? Yaba perhaps? I am not familiar with the particulars in this case, but with so many vendors, tailors, etc clogging sidewalks, sometimes street is only place one can walk and get somewhere....

"...Yaba perhaps? I am not familiar with the particulars in this case ..."

Don't let familiarity with the particulars get in the way of you suggesting the driver was on yaba. Whatever suits your preconceived prejudices (if that's not partly redundant). At least the police had the advantage of being there, but unfortunately they were lacking your stunning remote powers of deduction.

Edited by Suradit69

Actually yes, very much so.

They expect to be beeped at as a warning.