Volunteering inThailand. Mult Entry Visa possible?

Most properly run volunteer programs know all about the visa and work permit issues. So do a lot of the dodgy ones as well as it is an excellent cash cow for people. So the remark that these organizations do not is not true.

Whether or not they are truly a helping organization.....that is another matter all together.

To the OP, I do hope you enjoy your experience....but just a note that if you have paid money to do so...your volunteer experience is lining the pocket of an individual, not neccesarily helping the country, people or what ever it is they do (some, very few programs excluded from this opinion)

Right you are. Plenty of volunteer orgs out their that require you to pay to volunteer. Some of them most certainly are not on the "up & up". The org I'm associating myself with has been operating for over 35 years. No cash paid up front to volunteer, private room & three meals per day. Volunteer 5 1/2 days per week.

Note: Some orgs that do require cash from volunteers are still doing good work. It's not uncommon to request money to cover some of the costs to house you, feed you, buy supplies, etc... I know it seems like an uneven trade but its the reward in trying to make a difference that matters, not the money.

Didn't a lot of people paying to volunteer get the plug pulled on them, as well as those learning Thai, several years ago at CMU LLI?

About 8 years ago, I mistakenly accepted a teaching job. I had a perfectly good 60 day tourist visa. They sent me to Vientianne to get a non immigrant B visa. There I was told I needed a work permit to get the visa, but everyone else had told me that I needed the visa before I could get the WP. Later, I discovered that few of the teachers were completely legal, and it seems the same is true for volunteers.