Good deals on Reading glasses right now

Gone

The ones I call auto-tint are the ones that turn polarized in the light and clear when not needed.

Not progressives. Progressive are progressive and bifocals are just that.....bi focal. They offered me progressive but I don't like them.

Anyways I'm just saying that all glasses there are 51% off

Reading glasses are one of the things that are absolutely insanely priced here. I order mine from overseas at 1/4 to 1/10 the cost, depending on quality, thank you very much.

Thais have no idea that they are getting ripped off because the prices for reading glasses are insanely high everywhere in Thailand. I mean 4,500 baht for reading glasses? Do they have solid gold frames? It's insane. For 1/4 the price, you can get reading glasses with titanium frames from the US. Here's an example: http://www.amazon.com/Liansan-Titanium-Reading-Glasses-Eyeglasses/dp/B00DW7D0FK Or, if you prefer the flexible memory plastic frames, as I do, look here:

http://www.readers.com/flexible-memory-readers.html?sc[Gender][]=276&sort=orderby&page=1

Or,if you prefer super cheap glasses that will break easily, you can get them for as little as $1/pair.

Glasses are lightweight and easy to ship. Why get ripped off?

I don't buy prescription reading glasses, completely unnecessary. Just get the reading glasses that come in various strengths at Tukcom or other places. If you paid 150 baht, you paid too much.

agreed!

See my post above.

The cheap glasses you talk about from street vendors etc. have plastic lenses and are crap.

I for one am Diabetic and as another poster said, my eyes are different strengths so yes I have them checked by an optition then order "Perscription" glasses.

Anyways, this post was for people looking for perscription glasses and not for those who don't want them and prefer to buy crap glasses to come here and complain about a helpfull post for those who are looking for a decent deal.

• Like 1

I don't buy prescription reading glasses, completely unnecessary. Just get the reading glasses that come in various strengths at Tukcom or other places. If you paid 150 baht, you paid too much.

agreed!

See my post above.

Completely unnecessary for me. I am diabetic and had cataract surgery and my surgeon said the cheap magnifiers are fine for me. Work great for me, cheap, if I break or lose no big deal. Obviously other posters have specific needs.

The ones I call auto-tint are the ones that turn polarized in the light and clear when not needed.

Not progressives. Progressive are progressive and bifocals are just that.....bi focal. They offered me progressive but I don't like them.

Anyways I'm just saying that all glasses there are 51% off

What you call auto-tint glasses are called transition glasses by opticians in Australia. I will have a look at the shop near Big C as the missus needs a new pair of reading glasses. Cheers

• Like 1

Transition lenses are readily available in all the shops, but as with everything else - you get what you pay for. The lenses made locally do not "transit" as quickly or completely as the imported stuff (which is very expensive).

But even the imported suff does not work as well in Thailand as it does in more temperate climes as transition lenses work best in lower temperatures.

Being Diabetic my eyes are important to me. I used to wear those cheap 40 - 150 baht reading glasses and they can only make your eyes worse. I have been wearing good perscription glasses now for a couple of years and when I went for my check-up last week before purchasing my new glasses it showed that my eyes have actually inproved by 0.25. This would have never happened using cheap charly glasses. lol