Any Karaoke Bars in Pattaya,Jomtien, same as back home.

dotpoom

I gave up the booze 12 years ago, one year before coming to Thailand so I am not a pub frequenter. I have never been happier in my life as I am today but one thing that I miss very very much and which would be the icing on the cake for me is the fantastic voices I used to hear in the Karaoke bars back home. I love most types of music "too much" and although I like to spend a lot of time at home playing my favorite singers (bought a detached house so I could play it loud without disturbing people)....it's not the same listening alone as it is with a bunch of people who have the same love of music.

I have walked past bars in Pattaya, Jomrtien Bang Saray and many parts of Thailand really and seen and heard some very fine Thai bands and singers but it appeared to me that the patrons did not seem that interested in the music. They were just hopping around from table to table with drinks in their hands chatting with friends. At home, more of less the same crowd would come to the Karaoke night (or Sunday afternoon) in whatever pub had it on and there were many. When things got underway it was mostly the same singers week after week that got up to sing, always by request and sometimes some non-regulars would be there and maybe have voices that would blow your mind away. I'm aware that's it's different over here and there are complications about work permits etc., but if anyone knows of places that have something similar as I describe, where Foreign singers can get up and "give a burst of a song" I would appreciate it very much.

I often considered if it would be possible, let's say, renting out a hotel conference room or such to hold a dance once a week with 60's 70s and 80's music, I'm sure it would be a big hit with Ex Pats and Tourists alike. Thanks in advance......May the road rise with you.

• Like 1

Being a musician I absolutely HATE Karaoke however if you have been in Thailand for 11 years you should know that there are millions of them everywhere including Pattaya. There are huge venues that you and your friends can rent a big room/theater for Karaoke. Many on second rd. between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Nua but they are spread out all over Pattaya.

To each his own and I hope you can find some and no problems with WP's just to sing a song but to me these Karaokes are like having 2000 chickens screaching in each one of my ears so I avoid them like the plague.

Lots in Jomtien too and literally every small town throughout Thailand.

PS: There was a Karaoke on soi Buakeow called "Rose's Garden but she recently moved to Soi 13/1 or 13/3 or something and she had Karaoke 6 nights a week. You can look on FaceBook for "Rose's Garden" and find out where she is now for sure.

Edited by Gone

Being a musician I absolutely HATE Karaoke however if you have been in Thailand for 11 years you should know that there are millions of them everywhere including Pattaya. There are huge venues that you and your friends can rent a big room/theater for Karaoke. Many on second rd. between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Nua but they are spread out all over Pattaya.

To each his own and I hope you can find some and no problems with WP's just to sing a song but to me these Karaokes are like having 2000 chickens screaching in each one of my ears so I avoid them like the plague.

PS: There was a Karaoke on soi Buakeow called "Rose's Garden but she recently moved to Soi 13/1 or 13/3 or something and she had Karaoke 6 nights a week. You can look on FaceBook for "Rose's Garden" and find out where she is now for sure.

Great stuff Gone, thanks for the info. As I said in my OP, I have seen and heard many fine Thai bands and singers in Pattaya and Jomtien and all over this fair land but the patrons never seemed that interested in the music which for me is an important factor and to be quite honest I don't think a Thai voice can sing a Western song quite like a Westener, I love listening to music with fellow music lovers. As I said, having stopped drinking since before coming to Thailand I'm not in that "loop" as it were (also I live in the sticks). I may have given the wrong impression in my header by using the word "Karaoke", What I was inquiring about was ...."Are there any places where Foreigners get up to sing, maybe one or two songs each, on front of a crowd who go there especially to enjoy the different singers and to listen to the band. It didn't make a lot of difference to me how the background music is provided, obviously I would prefer a live band before everything else, but if it was a machine , that would do also....it is the voices of the singers that I like to listen to.

Sort of like American Idol....but without the competition factor.

We have something in common though....I too wouldn't like to listen to 2000 chickens screeching but I have heard close to it from singers on the TV stations here.

Thanks again Gone ...I will check out Rose's Garden and in the meantime continue listening to Mickey Newbury among other greats...."Soul Stirring Stuff"............. GB.

If it's live music/bands with foreigners you want, "The Lounge" on Pratumnack is hosting a live jam on Saturday and Sunday nights now starting from 8:00pm every week. There is also Leo's Bar on Naklua rd at soi 18 who has live music almost every night. Not sure now what days the farang bands play on but there is a good Rockabilly band (foreigners) that play there every Sunday or Monday night (they rotate the days each week).

Again, you can go on Facebook and look up "The Lounge)

If it's live music/bands with foreigners you want, "The Lounge" on Pratumnack is hosting a live jam on Saturday and Sunday nights now starting from 8:00pm every week. There is also Leo's Bar on Naklua rd at soi 18 who has live music almost every night. Not sure now what days the farang bands play on but there is a good Rockabilly band (foreigners) that play there every Sunday or Monday night (they rotate the days each week).

Again, you can go on Facebook and look up "The Lounge)

Wow.....Gone...........I cannot thank you enough for your information, especially that about "the Lounge", that would be easier for me as I live between Bang Saray and Sattahip, but Leo's Bar sounds fantastic too and it's great to know it's there. I wasn't sure about posting this subject but now I'm really glad I did,.

Again Gone...thank you most kindly....................DP.

• Like 1

Great recommendation, Gone. Rose is a super lady and great singer. It's hard not to have a good time at her place:

https://www.facebook.com/roses.garden.37