Krabi-based Australian arrested on alleged fraud charges: Phuket

webfact

Krabi-based Australian arrested on alleged fraud charges
Zazithorn Ruengchinda

1385115922_1.jpg
The Australian arrives at Phuket City Police Station.

PHUKET: -- An Australian national, a member of the marketing team for a resort in Krabi, was brought to Phuket Town police station around 4.45pm today (November 22), after being arrested on six counts of alleged fraud.

Police said the man – whose name is yet to be confirmed – was having coffee at his workplace this morning when Police Captain Sanchai Kumeah, commander of the Krabi Investigation Department team, arrived along with other police, with a warrant for his arrest that had been issued by Phuket Police.

He has been taken in for police questioning.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/krabi-based-australian-arrested-on-alleged-fraud-charges-42989.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-11-22

Police said the man-- whose name is yet to be confirmed.

I wonder than on whose name the warrant was issued? Or now a days you can arrest anybody with any name on the arrest warrant.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Perhaps his name just hadn't been confirmed by the reporter?

• Like 1

Police said the man-- whose name is yet to be confirmed.

I wonder than on whose name the warrant was issued? Or now a days you can arrest anybody with any name on the arrest warrant.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

It's really not so difficult, the police know his name but they haven't confirmed it to the media.

• Like 1

was having coffee at his workplace this morning

Hmmmm, interesting! Any info on whether he had a bagel with that?

Yes...many pertinent details were purposely left out of this report. Whether or not he had a bagel with his coffee would have been the first thing that came to my mind. Good eye Sherlock!

• Like 1

Don't trust people with ear rings?

Don't trust people with tattoos?

The Thaivisa hub of non-trust.

I personally don't trust people dressed in a 2000 dollar suits driving a Merc and smiling at me. I find them extremely suspicious.

Plus if one of those people is a swindler he for sure won't have nor earring nor tattoo biggrin.png

• Like 2

The old adage: "Never trust a man who dons a pirate's earing."

Avast! ye scallywag. Perhaps ye were buggered at sea and involuntarily had the barnacles scraped off yer rudder, which would explain yer inconsiderate...OH Wait...Talk like a Pirate day was on September 19. Sorry...I digress.

More than likely that the parrot crapped on his epaulettes.

• Like 2

A marketing team for a resort. Sounds like timeshare, probably pissed off the wrong people.

You seem to be right. I walked into those guys a few times and they're really annoying. Selling dreams that can't be dreamed.

No business here runs without the right protection.Hope this fellow had a work permit to share his time with other inmates now.-wai2.gif