90 day report by Mail

You first have to determine if the office that you have to report to will accept mai in reports, most do, but some don't. If they do, the documents required at the office that I report to are:

1. Copy of bio page of passport.

2. Copy of visa

3. Copy of last permission to stay stamp.

4. Copy of departure card,TM6 card.

5. Copy of last arrival stamp into Thailand.

6. Original of your current 90 day report form.

7. Completed TM47 form

8. Self Addressed Stamped Envelope with 10 baht stamp for return of your new 90 day report form.

They request that the documents be mailed EMS 15 days prior to my report date and to keep the EMS receipt as proof. Works fine every month.

• Like 1

You first have to determine if the office that you have to report to will accept mai in reports, most do, but some don't. If they do, the documents required at the office that I report to are:

2. Copy of visa

7. Completed TM47 form

8. Self Addressed Stamped Envelope with 10 baht stamp for return of your new 90 day report form.

They request that the documents be mailed EMS 15 days prior to my report date and to keep the EMS receipt as proof. Works fine every month.

thanks nan accepts mail reporting

2. Copy of visa

7. Completed TM47 form

Thanks!

Is there a list of offices that do accept it by mail?

I report to the Khorat office.

There is no official list that I know of, but all reports indicate that Korat doesn't accept reports by mail. I had to report there when they first opened the office in Choc Chai and they didn't then.

By law (Immigration Act) all immigration offices accept the notification of staying longer than 90 days (form TM.47) by mail, but when asked some offices may say they don't. One member posted that when he questioned an immigration officer at one of these offices about it, the officer conceded that they do accept the notification by mail but prefer that it be done personally by foreigners who live nearby because it is less work for the immigration office.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just read an old thread about 90 day reporting to Bangkok (head office).

I could not find any hint, that they only accept reports from Bangkok residents.

Isn't it possible to send the 90 day report per mail from everywhere in Thailand?

Why bother with the local office for mail reporting?

Any experiences?

Just read an old thread about 90 day reporting to Bangkok (head office).

I could not find any hint, that they only accept reports from Bangkok residents.

Isn't it possible to send the 90 day report per mail from everywhere in Thailand?

Why bother with the local office for mail reporting?

Any experiences?

Since a few years you have to use the immigration office for the area you live in and Bangkok now only accepts 90 day reports from people residing in their area.