Non-immigration 'O' marriage visa

I have a Thai wife and a daughter, last year I was able to get a non 'o' multi-entry marriage visa based on the fact that we had money coming into a Thai bank account of over 40,000 bht per month. I went to Penang to get a new one and was told that the chief from immigration had come down from Bangkok 3 weeks before and said they could no longer issue them.

I got a 3 month one, so guess I will go to either Phnom Phen or Vientienne to get another one year visa in a few months, I know that Kuala Lumpa and Kota Baru don't issue them either. Does anyone know the easiest and most likeliest place to get one free of hassle? The more recent and reliable the info the better please.

Thanks guys.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an
alien must have an average annual income of not less than
40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank
of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses
within a year.

Do you then need to get a letter from your company stamped by the embassy in Bangkok confirming your earnings?

last year I got a NON-O multiple in Kuala Lumpur. I must show bankbook with 100.000 Baht, you can use the money after give in bank.

Some people got now 1 year NON-O multiple in Savannaket/Laos. Vientane or Kambodscha is not possible.

Please advice:

If I marry next month and will go outside to obtain NON-O based on marriage, will I need to have bank book and letter from bank with me or not? Funds deposited more than 2 month ago already. We come together with wife and like to obtain visa in Kuala, because it can be same as honeymoon for us.

I understand, Kuala not issue NON-O Multi, but single is possible? Will extend it later in Bangkok immigration

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

If your funds are coming from outside Thailand you will need

to get an income letter from your embassy. If here you would need to show tax payment receipts and have a work permit.

All my money comes from a foreign company.

I have the letter to send to the Embassy to get them to stamp that. I need to know am I right in thinking that if I work for a foreign company they will not give you a work permit here?

I keep on hearing people saying I may have a problem.

The company I work for is based in Swirzerland and all the finances come from abroad paid in US dollars, I have not worked for any thai company for 3 years plus.

I would like confirmation from someone who knows what they're talking about that they will not provide a work permit to a foreign company?

Really this is a contentious issue,

I want to know categorically should I get a work permit ,or will they not give one for a foreign company?