Went to the True Move shop, but they were not sure

PeterSmiles

OK, your continued, apparent, expressed desire for a post-paid plan (3 GB/599) over-shadowed your original statement for a pre-paid plan; perhaps that was why I was confused?

I have never expressed any desire in a postpaid package. I went to the True shop and the service morons staff there offered me a package, which you say is postpaid but which I can not read because I can't read Thai, but they told me that it was prepaid. I think I have made this clear over and over in this thread.

Please don't continue to insult me.

I am using the 899 Inet package. As soon as I reach my 5GB limit the speed drops to almost unusable.

384kbit would be fair, but I am getting around 50kbit (dialup speed!)

I called True about this, and she told me this: The 384kbit speed is shared amongst "all people in your area". So what I understand is that as soon as you hit the limit you will be sharing 384kbit with other users on the same celltower, users that also has hit the limit.

Sorry, but this does not sound plausible. I'm not even certain it would be possible to provision such an arrangement? Your bandwidth would be limited based on your account (SIM/IMSI), and administered on a per user basis.

Are you saying that prior to hitting your 5 GB cap, you get really good performance? Like 5 Mbps/1 Mbps, but then after you hit your 5 GB cap the speed slows to 50 Kbps?

While it is true that there is a limited amount of bandwidth available both downstream (from the base-station to users) and upstream (from the base-station back into the core network), and this bandwidth is 'shared', the sharing of 384 Kbps just doesn't sound reasonable. I suspect some communications issues, or a misunderstanding. Everyone is on a different calendar, with plans renewing each and every day

Are you pre-paid? Post-paid? What are the terms of your plan re: fair-use speed? Do you stay in one single location? Or move around a bit? Do you experience the same slow speeds everywhere?

iNet/pre-paid/899 baht/5 GB has a current published fair-use speed limit of 384 Kbps. I guess I would get TrueMove H to confirm that, and then address any short-falls with them.

At first I thought she meant all the users on my wifi which would have made more sense, but she clarified that this was not what she meant.

I am on Inet 899, postpaid. I should get 5GB of "fair usage" and after that unlimited usage at 384Kbit.

Up until I reach my 5GB limit the speed is around 3-4Mbps (I get downloads of around 500KB/s). I have a truemoveh ZTE 3g/Wifi dongle, and if I logon to the webinterface I can see the current download and upload speed. I can also confirm that my computer is the only client connected to the Wifi.

When I should be having 384Kbit, the download speed never gets above 10KB/s, usually it stays around 4-6KB/s. If I apply a 1GB package for 150 baht the speed immediately gets back to 3-4Mbps.

I have only used it in one location so far (rural Surin), but will try it in Bangkok next month. Up until recently I payed 350 baht for an additional 1GB of traffic, and it got pretty expensive. Now at 150 baht per 1 GB I could buy enough traffic every month to never reach the limit.

I'm not certain how accurate the ZTE 'speedometer' is, but you should be getting ~ 40 Kilo-Bytes per second (or ~ 320 Kilo-bits per second) once you reach your cap. It sounds like there is an issue with your aircard, configuration, firmware, or with TrueMove H. It almost sounds as though you are getting bumped back onto the legacy TrueMove GSM1800 network. I'd do a bit more research, trying to figure out what exactly is happening when you hit your cap, talk with others nearby using TrueMove H, try it in a different spot and then communicate with TrueMove H.

edited to add: I would request the terms and conditions, in writing, for your plan from TrueMove H, just to verify that the FuP speed is 384 Kbps.

Edited by lomatopo

I have been capped to 64kpbs just this morning.

Prepaid iNet 599 package,true aircard. After ~1 week 2GB used, I was capped to 384kbps, that was right, no problem.

Now after 2 more weeks, speed is down to 64kbps.

I put other true sim on aircard with no package, I got full speed, didn't really used it much but clearly no fault on aircard.

Help on True chat can not do anything, said some tech officer will contact me by email. Great.

Edited by hullupullo

. I guess I would get TrueMove H to confirm that, and then address any short-falls with them.

Indeed, only problem will be that addressing them would have the same effect as bouncing your head to a wall e.g. none.

Except as Einstein said, don't keep repeating the same mistake expecting a different result.

True contract, think I'm off elsewhere.

Edited by Bpuumike

Prepaid iNet 599 package,true aircard. After ~1 week 2GB used, I was capped to 384kbps, that was right, no problem.

I put other true sim on aircard with no package, I got full speed, didn't really used it much but clearly no fault on aircard.

Help on True chat can not do anything, said some tech officer will contact me by email. Great.

8/12 nobody call or email me

9/12 new contact to true chat ->can not help ->nobody call or email me in 24hr

10/12 call 1331, can not help, someone will call after 2PM

Got the call, lady seems to understand the problem but said my speed is 384, no problem.

She want I send to her speedtest result for 64.

"you understrand I can not send anything with this great 64kbps speed?"

Now I wait if she call back...

8/12 nobody call or email me

9/12 new contact to true chat ->can not help ->nobody call or email me in 24hr

10/12 call 1331, can not help, someone will call after 2PM

Got the call, lady seems to understand the problem but said my speed is 384, no problem.

She want I send to her speedtest result for 64.

"you understrand I can not send anything with this great 64kbps speed?"

Now I wait if she call back...

I hear you man, takes 10 minutes only to load the bandwidth test site.

Let us know how it plays out.

Got call from absolute fantastic true lady, nothing works but she was great lady. She really tried to work this out but...

So we start with unplug aircard, she could see I did that :=

After that we did different moves, some includes my wife, it was great. wohooo

Sadly, as she said, she could not help me anymore, have to wait tech call. <deleted>.Anyone here ever got tech call? This lady could call me back anytime

For the record, we have 2 similar true aircard with 2 similar iNet 599 net package. Both have capped to 384kbps as we used that 2 GB data but only my number is now capped to 64kbps after 2 weeks in 384kbps.

True chat this time. Been told 384 is shared speed with all in this area capped to that :) I asked if those with smaller package, who are capped to 128, is that speed also shared, "Yes"

Then asked if here are 10 capped to 384 and they share that, getting ~38, what if there is one more but his speed is capped 128, does he get 128 and those with expensive package holders only ~38, "...." Silence.

But now I wait tech to contact, this time no 24h but in 7 days, lol.

Too bad other aircard with same package is now in Bangkok, could not check anymore with that. Crazy that it had 384 yesterday so there was nobody sharing that speed? But now there are when my sim card is capped... And 2 weeks I was happy to use 384 speed, nobody sharing? Stinks.

True chat this time. Been told 384 is shared speed with all in this area capped to that smile.png I asked if those with smaller package, who are capped to 128, is that speed also shared, "Yes"

Then asked if here are 10 capped to 384 and they share that, getting ~38, what if there is one more but his speed is capped 128, does he get 128 and those with expensive package holders only ~38, "...." Silence.

But now I wait tech to contact, this time no 24h but in 7 days, lol.

Too bad other aircard with same package is now in Bangkok, could not check anymore with that. Crazy that it had 384 yesterday so there was nobody sharing that speed? But now there are when my sim card is capped... And 2 weeks I was happy to use 384 speed, nobody sharing? Stinks.

Reading the terms for Inet 899, it does say "a maximum speed of 384kbit". Pretty shady, one might think they should have mentioned this in the Truemove store.

As its pretty much unusable when the cap is reached, I might cancel the service. Will see this month how big the bill for the additional traffic gets.

New month and new 2GB package started 17/12 and now I have used it. Today morning got steady 384 speed at home. And now I sit in Big-C, same 384. Shared for all who are capped, never.

I think I know what is going on here. After you use your 2GB, speed is capped to 384. But after you used that speed for 1GB, speed is capped again, now to 64. That would make sense what happened to me, rough data transfer calculator on true connection software back this theory. So lets see how it goes this month.

Interesting theory: stepped shaping? It might explain the abysmal throughput I'm getting with an AIS 2GB prepaid plan. Using a 7.2Mbps aircard, I usually got up to 1.5Mbps (usually between 1.0 and 1.5Mbps) until I hit the 2GB FUP limit. Then I got around 128Kbps for a while, and now I struggle to get 50Kbps. I might have slid from a certain period (1GB volume?) of 128Kbps speed limit to 64Kbps?

• 1 month later...

3rd month of using Truemove-h prepaid iNet 599 package and capped again to 64Kbps, today. Last month was ok but I really didn't use internet so much. This month more on youtube livesports and here we are. First capped to 384 as is should be but this bullshit capping to 64 is ridiculous.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 61 kbps (7.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 46 kbps (5.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 89 ms

Edited by hullupullo

• 1 month later...

4th month and speed was capped again to 64Kbps. But now true admits that it is indeed capped by them, not anymore some bullshit for shared speed. Here their email. I have used 4-5 GB data everymonth, no more. No bittorrent and no downloads. Like to know what is this datacap when 384 will reduced to 64, never got answer for that

We do apologize for the delay in responding.

Further to e-mail, after checking out your number we found the 3G usage is over 3G usage allowance from package than usual, which is within the scope of 3G misuse such packages such as downloading via Bit Torrent by connecting from mobile phones or air cards. This misusage impacts other customers in the nearby areas, causing about 98% of the customers slow speed in joining 3G. Then, TrueMoveH needs to properly manipulate the misused behaviors for the benefit of most of our customers. That is the reason why your 3G speed connection was reduced respectively.

Thus, if you would like to resume your 3G connection speed, you can activate a data topping for use, which you can check available packages on http://hlife.truecorp.co.th/