Do you guys buy insurance when traveling to Thailand

ultimate weapon

Always.

Also member of the Air Ambulance Foundation in my home country, which I pay 60-65 Dollars per year.

They will fly home any member from the most remote places on the globe, with a small jet (staffed with 1 Doc and a nurse).

At your age insurance insurance is cheap. Many policy's that will cover you for 150 dollars a year, unlimited number of trips

up to 30 days. Just check on the scooter coverage. There are many exclusions depending on engine cc's weather you carry

a motorcycle licence etc.. For older travellers it is not so simple. Lengthy trips, pre-existing conditions etc.. Many people lie

to there insurance provider which negates there coverage. Many tell the truth about high blood pressure etc.. pay a whopping

surcharge and are still not covered for the pre existing condition. So for instance your high blood pressure even though controlled

by medication means you are not covered for heart attack or stroke. Now I do know there are appropriate insurance policy's but

don't expect them to be cheap. Be honest with your insurance agent and work with a knowledgeable agent who understands

the difference and is not out to make a quick sale of an ineffective policy. After all you will never even know until you need it.

Wherever I go I get it.. I used to buy the cheapest insurance I could find online but later found out the companies I were using had bad reputation and did everything in their power not to pay out and had so many stipulations that I'd literally never be able to claim anything.

Now I use the UK Post Office travel insurance. More expensive but covers a lot and I reckon they'll be good to pay out if I have legit reasons.

Silly not to really.

I come to Thailand for vacation. I am working full time in the USA. I have insurance through my company. I never take additional insurance when I travel. Make sure you check your insurance policy to see how it works when visiting another country.

Never have.

Never will.

You sound very clever.

Willing to bet he sounds like a movie character too. Probably some badass in pattaya that looks cool while being a badass. Probably a car crash, bar fight, assassination, assault by police wouldn't even faze him probably whopped all them azzes like what? Arnold. Then later for some inexplicable reason he gets lots of money for being a "badass"

All right enough you don't need to buy insurance. I certainly don't wear a seat belt when i drive or lock my front door when i leave my house.

You would be crazy not too.

Before I lived here I have come with insurance and without, foolish the times without. Touch wood, never a problem.

What would you do though if you had a bike/car/diving/bar girl/pimp/tuk-tuk/boat/luggage/drunk local or natural disaster?

Many examples? Yeah and many more in LOS. Insurance is quite cheap when you come from our countries. Is the rest?

Never have.

Never will.

You sound very clever.

Willing to bet he sounds like a movie character too. Probably some badass in pattaya that looks cool while being a badass. Probably a car crash, bar fight, assassination, assault by police wouldn't even faze him probably whopped all them azzes like what? Arnold. Then later for some inexplicable reason he gets lots of money for being a "badass"

All right enough you don't need to buy insurance. I certainly don't wear a seat belt when i drive or lock my front door when i leave my house.

Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-we-got-a-bad-ass-ove

I live here and have private health insurance. But as a piece of advice for the causal tourist. Go visit a public hospital! That should scare you into buying insurance so you can use private hospitals. I always tell my wife, unless I'm at risk of imminent death get me into the nearest private hospital.