Huge marches in Bangkok today

webfact

Good luck. I hope today is the day the goal is achieved and this is the end of Thailands problems with the Shinawatra family

Look at it this way. God for Farangs because Thai bahts is falling

That's a short term gain which of course I'm pleased about but I was thinking more of the long term gain for everybody in Thailand both Thais and us farangs.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the only thing thus far is they they took that alcoholic fool Chalerm out and sent him to the Ministry of Labour, where he may still run his mouth, but had to swallow a lot of pride, and is now in less of a position to do more harm to the general public.

News is that he has been carted off to hospital again.

What's the plan if they do get the government to step down?

Exactly. Even if you hate the redshirts you have to admit that their goal in 2010 was an election. That's the last thing Suthep wants because he knows they would lose again. He is angling for another coup, either judicial or military.

The red shirts goal was to overthrow a democratically elected government.

Well that also appears to be the aim of this set of protesters as well.

Bear in mind that the Abhsit administration was able to serve out its term.

The current government should also be afforded this luxury.

Exactly. Even if you hate the redshirts you have to admit that their goal in 2010 was an election. That's the last thing Suthep wants because he knows they would lose again. He is angling for another coup, either judicial or military.

I really wish that people who post "facts" on here would do the research.

At best you look ill-informed and at worst positively cycloptic

• Like 1

uty6543 said:

Posted Today, 06:05

xstar_big.png.pagespeed.ic.DVNxbWssSO.we

POPULAR

Good luck. I hope today is the day the goal is achieved and this is the end of Thailands problems with the Shinawatra family

Problems never end today or even tomorrow. If the opposition succeeds to oust Yingluck in her post, opposition will rise again for the next to seat.

It is already a practice.

4km long queue between 5 and 10 lanes wide in places due to people not being allowed to travel to Bangkok at the Chonburi end of the tollway yesterday at 11am. Democracy in action.

Actually it was repainting the tollway lane markings in action.

wink.pngbiggrin.png

Not true. Why do they have to do the painting job on a Sunday with mass protest.

They can do the painting on other days when it is not so busy.

They paint the lines on the weekend and on weekdays they cut across lanes to make them dotted.

An election, obviously.

Which would bring PT right back into power. The Democrats don't want an election. Anything other than a coup of some type would leave the Democrats in the opposition.

• Like 1

I think the big problem here is that people are confusing bad policy and corruption with dictatorship. PT CAN pass bad policies because they were elected by a majority of Thais. To me it is frightening that the opposition's response to their repeated election losses is that Thais are not capable of making political decisions. Could it be that the majority of Thais, who contrary to what many seem to believe do not live in Bangkok, simply prefer Thaksin's form of politics over the equally corrupt and oppressive ways of the past? PT is well within its mandate to pass bad policies. If these policies fail, then the Thai people who voted for them will vote them out. The opposition's undemocratic practices are needlessly dividing the country and ensuring a PT majority for the foreseeable future.

Well, nearly a majority anyway.

Yes to add, now ask the farmer (family) not the big money grabbing wigs that control rice, ask the people now if they have been cheated--ask the rubber people, have all the schools received their (Samsung note bookscheesy.gifcheesy.gif ) did the minister in charge of water not admit he got it wrong and did not release the dam water early enough---COMPETANT No No. this is why along with this pushed through bill Thais are seeing the problems they didn't see before --they believed the money rather than the good VOTE.

It would be tremendously helpful if people would keep their arguments straight. Perhaps I am a little slow, but I forget what the main thrust of the current situation is. Just so we are clear, are we arguing over whether or not PT was elected? Are we arguing about the merits of particular policies pushed through by PT? Are we arguing about PT's track record in executing its campaign promises? Or, are we arguing over the idea that poor, rural Thais are too stupid or too easily fooled to make decisions? I just wish I could understand exactly what the issue is so we could have an intelligent discussion.

• Like 1

4km long queue between 5 and 10 lanes wide in places due to people not being allowed to travel to Bangkok at the Chonburi end of the tollway yesterday at 11am. Democracy in action.

wink.pngbiggrin.png

Not true. Why do they have to do the painting job on a Sunday with mass protest.

Well they were supposed to be repainting the road markings around the Democracy Monument and Rajdamnoen last weekend but there was some sort of 'party' going on... and on...

Edited by NanLaew

An election, obviously.

Which would bring PT right back into power. The Democrats don't want an election. Anything other than a coup of some type would leave the Democrats in the opposition.

Their own supporters a few years back have turned their backs on them if you've noticed,...that the anti-gov't groups are now comprised of all sectors of society. The bums occupying the stadiums got handouts, or are obviously the slowest bottom of the barrel supporters too slow to really learn their lesson (and so few in number). Don't be so sure about another PTP re-election, unless they swindle enough to BUY votes, which is how they get into office.

Edited by gemini81

boomerangutang, on 25 Nov 2013 - 13:03, said:snapback.png

I'm trying to think of one good thing that the Shinawatre gov't has done for the Thai people.

Ummmm, ....still thinking.

Let me put you out of your misery. It was a bit of a trick question as there aren't any!!

Ah come on you lot be fair.

Did you not see that Yingluck has said that she is not worried about the censure debate because of the good performance of the Govt over the last 2 years.

I see that joke quote!! Seems that she is seriously deluded and has lost a few marbles!!

Did she say this without a smirk on her face I wonder? If she did, I bet she had to spend a few hours looking in the mirror with intermittent giggles of laughter at the realisation of what she is saying.

"The current government should also be afforded this luxury."

There is no confidence in the Yingluck government, the economy is in a mess, BAAC almost, if not, bankrupt, farmers unpaid, massive borrowing planned for 2.2 trillion baht etc etc. There's no room for luxury with this devious bunch presently in charge of the kingdom.

I think the big problem here is that people are confusing bad policy and corruption with dictatorship. PT CAN pass bad policies because they were elected by a majority of Thais. To me it is frightening that the opposition's response to their repeated election losses is that Thais are not capable of making political decisions. Could it be that the majority of Thais, who contrary to what many seem to believe do not live in Bangkok, simply prefer Thaksin's form of politics over the equally corrupt and oppressive ways of the past? PT is well within its mandate to pass bad policies. If these policies fail, then the Thai people who voted for them will vote them out. The opposition's undemocratic practices are needlessly dividing the country and ensuring a PT majority for the foreseeable future.

Well, nearly a majority anyway.

Yes to add, now ask the farmer (family) not the big money grabbing wigs that control rice, ask the people now if they have been cheated--ask the rubber people, have all the schools received their (Samsung note bookscheesy.gifcheesy.gif ) did the minister in charge of water not admit he got it wrong and did not release the dam water early enough---COMPETANT No No. this is why along with this pushed through bill Thais are seeing the problems they didn't see before --they believed the money rather than the good VOTE.

It would be tremendously helpful if people would keep their arguments straight. Perhaps I am a little slow, but I forget what the main thrust of the current situation is. Just so we are clear, are we arguing over whether or not PT was elected? Are we arguing about the merits of particular policies pushed through by PT? Are we arguing about PT's track record in executing its campaign promises? Or, are we arguing over the idea that poor, rural Thais are too stupid or too easily fooled to make decisions? I just wish I could understand exactly what the issue is so we could have an intelligent discussion.

The government bought and bribed its way into power. Merits of their policies!! This one is self explanatory ie: they have no merit.

You are right about them pushing things through - sod government procedure, parliamentary rules and the will of the people "we do what we want". Track record - abysmal, incompetent and inept.

The last one, yes!! they are stupid peasants that deserve to be ripped off (it is done so overtly by this government but they still don't realise it) the fools!!

OK, I've filled you in on the details, so discuss away.

An election, obviously.

Their own supporters a few years back have turned their backs on the,, and if you've noticed, apparently you haven't!...that the anti-gov't groups are now comprised of all sectors of society. The bums occupying the stadiums got handouts, or are obviously the slowest bottom of the barrel supporters too slow to really learn their lesson (and so few in number). Don't be so sure about another PTP re-election, unless they swindle enough to BUY votes, which is how they get into office.

Who do you consider "their own supporters"? Do you mean the Red Shirts?

If "their own supporters", whoever they are, no longer back the government, then it follows that PT would likely lose an election if one was held. Why then, are the protesters not calling for new elections? If PT prospects are that poor, why will new elections not satisfy the protesters?

wink.pngbiggrin.png

Well they were supposed to be repainting the road markings around the Democracy Monument and Rajdamnoen last weekend but there was some sort of 'party' going on... and on...

and than we thought what to do with the color and the free time. So Somchai had an idea.....

With a foreign freelance journalist having been attacked at the anti-govt protests after being prompted from the stage (accused of being a Red Shirt supporter) and the Budget Bureau now 'occupied', things seem to be starting to get nasty...

Serves him right for being at the wrong end of the ground with the opposition supporters!!

It wasn't Jonathon Head of the BBC was it??

With a foreign freelance journalist having been attacked at the anti-govt protests after being prompted from the stage (accused of being a Red Shirt supporter) and the Budget Bureau now 'occupied', things seem to be starting to get nasty...

Serves him right for being at the wrong end of the ground with the opposition supporters!!

Jonothan - think that should be Richard, Dick for short.

• Like 1

The Abhisit administration were able to serve out it's term because the red shirts failed with their attempt to overthrow the government.

I agree that this government should be afforded that "luxury". I believe that is the only way to make some people realise that they are useless.

That doesn't mean that they should be able to pass laws where there is major opposition to them.

Well, the only thing thus far is they they took that alcoholic fool Chalerm out and sent him to the Ministry of Labour, where he may still run his mouth, but had to swallow a lot of pride, and is now in less of a position to do more harm to the general public.

News is that he has been carted off to hospital again.

I hope they have enough stock of ear medicine.

An election, obviously.

Their own supporters a few years back have turned their backs on them if you've noticed,...that the anti-gov't groups are now comprised of all sectors of society. The bums occupying the stadiums got handouts, or are obviously the slowest bottom of the barrel supporters too slow to really learn their lesson (and so few in number). Don't be so sure about another PTP re-election, unless they swindle enough to BUY votes, which is how they get into office.

You know very little about Thai politics if you think PT can only buy an election victory. Their support comes from the huge number of Thais who for whatever reason dislike the rich and elite who have controlled Thailand in previous years.

Regards vote buying in general it is practised by every single side. My own Thai inlaws will only vote Democrat and get the usual 500bht handout each time they vote.

Do you have any links to reports on that?

The Abhisit administration were able to serve out it's term because the red shirts failed with their attempt to overthrow the government.

I agree that this government should be afforded that "luxury". I believe that is the only way to make some people realise that they are useless.

That doesn't mean that they should be able to pass laws where there is major opposition to them.

It didn't actually, he did the honourable thing and actually stated that he would not serve a full term amid pressure from red shirts who staged a peoples coup, just as Suthep is doing now!!.

It was supposedly Nick Nostiz.

Jonathon Head is still on last weeks UK time as I coudn't find anything later than the court decision of a week ago.

My apologies as I just found this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25084013

Just a snippet from the post dated today.

25 November 2013 Last updated at 06:05 GMT

"Protesters are on the streets of Bangkok for a second day, amid tensions between rival political camps."

Where HAS Jonathon Head been for the past week or so?

Edited by billd766

Do you have any links to reports on that?

Richard Barrow has been mentioning it - there are some photos too:

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow

"PT CAN pass bad policies because they were elected by a majority of Thais."

I was just pointing out that a majority of Thais did not vote for PTP. PTP did get a majority of seats though.

It was supposedly Nick Nostiz.

Jonathon Head is still on last weeks UK time as I coudn't find anything later than the court decision of a week ago.

I just see a summary from him on the BBC world news - Thai people don't like him as he a red shirt by all accounts. Seems that it is not only some daft TV posters that have been fooled by all of the lies and propaganda but intelligent people as well.