Scotland to become independent in March 2016 if referendum passes

News_Editor

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basil brush what you and all the others unionists dont get is that it is not about Salmon in any shape or form.....The policies set out are what we want independence not the man

The billions that you go on a bout that it will cost can easily be made available

Try for starters Trident...an issue the Scottish people have constantly rejected

Do you even know where Faslane is?

Have you ever been there

Even the BBC sent in limited coverage of the place

Nothing to do with Salmon

Dont want Nuclear weapons on Scottish soil

oops just about oil did i hear someone say

Yes another reason why the Uk Government is wanting,,,, the extermination of the Scots first

Never put the anthrax on English soil either but i am open to be proved otherwise.

that is going to cost millions Basil brush stated well so did the numerous wars which the Uk government voted in Conservative and Labour

oops the Scottish people overwhelmingly rejected them all from the Falklands to Iraq

in modern times organisations that will have to be split up like the NHS, Inland Revenue, Customs and Excise, armed forces, DWP, DVLC, the police force, immigration, the list is endless, and the cost will be billions.

​They already have been split up well the armed forces police force at least and we all know about the policy of that great UK flagship the NHS and who started dismantling it and which people were opposed to it.

again the billions can be easily made available but of course they wont under the pretense of financial stability.

Aye its a media culture a celebrity culture certainly NOT what the Scots are voting for

Never have i ever met a Englishman or woman who are said they are British they have all said they are English.

​Cameron for all his denials is happy for Scotland to go so he can have his decades in the Sun.

• Like 1

Basil brush what you and all the others unionists dont get is that it is not about Salmon in any shape or form.....The policies set out are what we want independence not the man

The billions that you go on a bout that it will cost can easily be made available

Try for starters Trident...an issue the Scottish people have constantly rejected

Have you ever been there

Yes another reason why the Uk Government is wanting,,,, the extermination of the Scots first

Never put the anthrax on English soil either but i am open to be proved otherwise.

that is going to cost millions Basil brush stated well so did the numerous wars which the Uk government voted in Conservative and Labour

oops the Scottish people overwhelmingly rejected them all from the Falklands to Iraq

in modern times organisations that will have to be split up like the NHS, Inland Revenue, Customs and Excise, armed forces, DWP, DVLC, the police force, immigration, the list is endless, and the cost will be billions.

​They already have been split up well the armed forces police force at least and we all know about the policy of that great UK flagship the NHS and who started dismantling it and which people were opposed to it.

again the billions can be easily made available but of course they wont under the pretense of financial stability.

Aye its a media culture a celebrity culture certainly NOT what the Scots are voting for

Never have i ever met a Englishman or woman who are said they are British they have all said they are English.

​Cameron for all his denials is happy for Scotland to go so he can have his decades in the Sun.

I can't be bothered to answer all your points, as obviously you posses a closed mind, but on two points- if I remember correctly it was Tony weapons of mass destructions Blair who led the

British into the Irag war, "yes" that's him, the same Scotsman who has caused so much damage to the UK.

Sorry to disappoint you but many English people describe themselves as British first, English second. I personally used to, until I got completely sick of listening to how SOME Scott's have a permanent chip on their shoulder.

I will give you just two examples. Approximately 15 yrs ago while on holiday in Sri Lanka

I got talking with a British couple aged mid twenties, the lady told me she had been subject to insults from fellow Scott's when she had visited her home town. Why was this, simple because she did not speak with a Scottish regional accent, they would think that she was English, in fact she had been born in Scotland to Scottish parents,as were her grandparents, her father had been a career soldier who had served all over the world, this resulted in her educational years being spent in in military schools, thus no Scottish accent. As far as she was concerned the SNP were, and are a party of small minded bigots.

Second example, a few years ago while sat peacefully having a drink in a bar here in Thailand with a few of my friends, a group of loud mouthed Scotsmen entered, who upon hearing us talk with English accents started to insult the English. We just simple ignored them, then one of the Scott's approached a farang chap having a quite drink by himself at the bar, again thinking he was English stared to insult him, the guy just stood his ground and ignored him until he went away. After calling the guy over and talking to him we noticed that he had a sleight Scottish accent, he then explained that he was in fact Scottish, his parents had moved south when his father moved his place of work. We asked him what he thought of the Scots guy who had been trying to provoke him, his reply was something along the lines that he was ashamed of them, and again that they were ignorant bigots.

Are these two isolated incidences, unfortunately I think not.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Have you ever been there

I can't be bothered to answer all your points, as obviously you posses a closed mind, but on two points- if I remember correctly it was Tony weapons of mass destructions Blair who led the

British into the Irag war, "yes" that's him, the same Scotsman who has caused so much damage to the UK.

Sorry to disappoint you but many English people describe themselves as British first, English second. I personally used to, until I got completely sick of listening to how SOME Scott's have a permanent chip on their shoulder.

I will give you just two examples. Approximately 15 yrs ago while on holiday in Sri Lanka

I got talking with a British couple aged mid twenties, the lady told me she had been subject to insults from fellow Scott's when she had visited her home town. Why was this, simple because she did not speak with a Scottish regional accent, they would think that she was English, in fact she had been born in Scotland to Scottish parents,as were her grandparents, her father had been a career soldier who had served all over the world, this resulted in her educational years being spent in in military schools, thus no Scottish accent. As far as she was concerned the SNP were, and are a party of small minded bigots.

Second example, a few years ago while sat peacefully having a drink in a bar here in Thailand with a few of my friends, a group of loud mouthed Scotsmen entered, who upon hearing us talk with English accents started to insult the English. We just simple ignored them, then one of the Scott's approached a farang chap having a quite drink by himself at the bar, again thinking he was English stared to insult him, the guy just stood his ground and ignored him until he went away. After calling the guy over and talking to him we noticed that he had a sleight Scottish accent, he then explained that he was in fact Scottish, his parents had moved south when his father moved his place of work. We asked him what he thought of the Scots guy who had been trying to provoke him, his reply was something along the lines that he was ashamed of them, and again that they were ignorant bigots.

Are these two isolated incidences, unfortunately I think not.

Us English have these cretins too. One has just been locked up for a long time in LOS.

• Like 1

Does this include the 6000 plus Scottish people who will lose their jobs if the naval base at Faslane is closed? I doubt it.

I assume you mean Gruinard Island, an uninhabited island where tests to defend against biological warfare by the Nazis were carried out in 1942. These tests had to be done somewhere; surely an uninhabited island was better than somewhere on the mainland?

Areas of England were also requisitioned during the war; Tyneham, (do you know where that is?) for example, where the inhabitants were moved out so the Army could practice house to house fighting prior to D-day. The village still belongs to the Army to this day; despite the then residents being told it was only temporary for the duration!

The Falklands war was started by the Argentinians, not the British. As you are so keen on the right of self determination I would have thought that you would have been proud that Scottish troops, along with English, Welsh and Irish, fought to protect that right for the Falkland Islanders.

As already said, it was a Scot who lied to us about Iraq and led the UK into that war.

But it's what you'll get if Salmond has his way.

can't be bothered to answer all your points, as obviously you posses a closed mind, but on two points- if I remember correctly it was Tony weapons of mass destructions Blair who led the

Yes and labour part is not in power in Scotland and it was the English vote that got lab-our and Tony Blair into Wasteminister.

The Scots overwhelmingly voted for no involvement in the war ... like the Scots also voted for no involvement in the Falklands war but, again the English voted in the conservatives infact for 18 years they voted them in and the Scots suffered for it...

Fine if having a closed mind is not wanting masses of mass destructive weapons on our doorsteps and on Scottish land i am happy to have a closed mind.

I would guess you with your open mind and your wonderful use of language Cretin ,,you are happy to have the weapons on English soil,,,,That is after all what labour and conservatives both want

There is more to being a Scot than being born there and unfortunately Tony Tory Blair fails the test of what a Scot is

Another point why many Scots are disgusted with English Uk based politics and in our name

You will find that Scots have been insulted by your fellow Englishman in far more examples than you can even imagine and they havent even been drunk as in one of your examples..English media dont need to be drunk to feel superior to others

Not only the Scots have noticed that..

from all sectors and now you are trying to insinuate that Fellow Englishmen do not abuse their fellow brethren regarding education and regional dialects.

Why would you disappoint me...I have many many English friends and i would bet much much more than you have Scottish friends...they and all their friends and family always say they are English...so sorry to disappoint you old chap.

At the end of the day the dirty politics of the English based media has been exposed

It always was exposed for what it was

People who stood shoulder to shoulder at the peace camp knew all about the manipulation and cover up of the politicians and the press.

The fear campaign which the Better together has run is again another fine example of trying to divide and conquer and it has and will be getting more exposure for what it is.

Just look at the insults that have been flying around on this forum regarding Scottish people again you yourself called i suppose myself a cretin,,

At the end of the day what the SNP are putting forward is a more honest choice for the people of Scotland to have their own destiny in their own hands

Very simple....

Anyway i am out of this discussion now..Its been a bit of fun for me thats all

The Unionist side and viewpoint of what Scotland is and isnt hasnt changed in the 40 odd years i have had contact with English politics,,,Note i did say politics not English people in general who i have a very healthy relationship with.

you are happy with OLD England great Scotland is certainly not no matter how Cameron and his advisers try to reinvent him and his party

• Like 1

I'm not going to deal with all of your drivel; particularly as you consistently ignore the awkward queations; just like your hero Salmond!

However:

Yes and labour part is not in power in Scotland and it was the English vote that got lab-our and Tony Blair into Wasteminister.

So the 56 out of 72 seats won in Scotland by Labour in 1997 against the zero seats won by the Tories (and only 6 by the SNP) meant that the Scottish people didn't want a Labour government, then?

The Scots overwhelmingly voted for no involvement in the war ... like the Scots also voted for no involvement in the Falklands war

I don't recall any referendum on either the Falklands war or Iraq; was there a special one just in Scotland?

There is more to being a Scot than being born there and unfortunately Tony Tory Blair fails the test of what a Scot is

I have even less time and respect for Blair than I do for Salmond; but what is your 'test of what a Scot is?' Agreeing with you and Salmond?

(Blair's biological paternal grandparents were English, but his father was adopted as a baby by Glasgow shipyard worker James Blair and his wife, Mary. His maternal grandparents were from Ulster; where his mother was born. Blair himself was born in Edinburgh.)

• Like 1

Stop making inflammatory remarks directed at other posters.

Some people are in favor of independence and will never change their mind.

Some people are not in favor of independence and will never change their mind.

Demeaning others will not change their minds and will only result in your status on the forum changing. I would prefer that doesn't happen because in general your discussion is constructive and informative.

Please try to be respectful of other posters opinion and stay on the topic.

• Like 1

So the 56 out of 72 seats won in Scotland by Labour in 1997 against the zero seats won by the Tories (and only 6 by the SNP) meant that the Scottish people didn't want a Labour government, then?

I was referring to Labour now and yes you are right to point out 56 seats out of the 418 seats won by Labour so obviously the majority of the votes were

English

just like your hero Salmond!

I f you read my posts i have consistently stated that is it not about Salmon ,,even though the English funded /based newspapers have tried to portray that and you for one it seems among st many have fallen for that

Are you following me now

Glad that you posted the Conservative had NONE in 1997 representing Scotland

today in 2014 they have 1.

Poll tax brought in by Thatcher

Opposed bitterly In Scotland that started the down fall of the 18 year UK conservative goverment

18 years Scotland voted Labour

bedroom tax brought in by the UK Government

opposed by All sides of the political parties in Scotland.

no nuclear weapons on Scottish soil is what vast numbers of Scottish people want from all the parties

Uk government want to keep all the weapons on Scottish soil

Is it not Cameron himself who is avoiding having a debate with Salmond thus avoiding awkward questions as you like to put it..

again all i keep hearing from the No camp is what i have heard for most of my life that Scotland needs England,,though lots of independent highly regarded studies show otherwise.

Scotland will sink as it is so heavily subsidized by London

Again a myth that has been dis proven by notable scholars and academics ,,but yet today on this forum i can still read all that haha.

Yes Blair was born in Edinburgh educated in Edinburgh ,,somewhere i know intimately very well with all its undertones,,so yes Blair is happy being British,,that is obvious and is like i said not a Scot

.The Scots overwhelmingly voted for no involvement in the war ... like the Scots also voted for no involvement in the Falklands war

I don't recall any referendum on either the Falklands war or Iraq; was there a special one just in Scotland?

The people of Scotland who the MP's represent remember like they do in England overwhelmingly where against the wars mentioned.

The same MPs who voted for the war against their constituents wishes.

another reason why the yes vote is so strong and gaining momentum

Wigantojapan (when were either Wigan or Japan part of Scotland?),

Your position is clear; each and every one of the Scottish people who are also proud to be British are not, in your opinion, true Scots.

Which means you consider the considerable proportion, possibly the majority, of Scots, i.e. those who support the Union, not to be Scots at all!

If the referendum goes in favour of the Union, i.e. the No campaign wins, what will you feel about those Scots then?

Indulge me, please.

Provide evidence that the people of Scotland (the people, not a few dissenting Scottish MPs) were overwhelmingly against the Falklands war.

Iraq I wont argue with you about, most of the rest of the UK was against that, too; or were once we found out we had been lied to by Blair and Brown (both of whom, despite your opinion, are Scots).

Do you also have evidence that the people of Scotland are overwhelmingly against Faslane? (BTW, the base is there not to somehow penalise the Scots, it does provide over 6000 jobs for Scots, remember; but because the coastline there is suitable for such a base; very few alternatives in the rest of the UK. Which will be a dilemma for the UK government should the Yes vote win the referendum.)

Some 'notable' scholars and academics have said that Scotland will be economically better off outside the Union; as many, if not more, have said the opposite. There are many posts earlier in this topic covering this argument; go back and read them as I don't intend repeating them.

I will ask you, however, why, if an independent Scotland will be such an economic powerhouse, have so many Scottish companies and financial institutions said they will head south, taking their jobs with them, should the referendum vote Yes?

Edited by 7by7

Your position is clear; each and every one of the Scottish people who are also proud to be British are not, in your opinion, true Scots.

Not that clear it would seem as i never wrote any of that..i was only referring to Tony Blair

.Provide evidence that the people of Scotland (the people, not a few dissenting Scottish MPs) were overwhelmingly against the Falklands war.

The evidence was being there at the time when it was going on

.Remember that Thatcher was hated by the majority of Scots . something that today you still dont grasp or are even willing to believe( on topic as it is still one among st many why people will vote yes for independence)

There is evidence enough and im sure you can troll through the internet to get the evidence if you desire,,or you can also im sure supply evidence to myself and others to the opposite

.Do you also have evidence that the people of Scotland are overwhelmingly against Faslane? (BTW, the base is there not to somehow penalise the Scots, it does provide over 6000 jobs for Scots, remember; but because the coastline there is suitable for such a base; very few alternatives in the rest of the UK. Which will be a dilemma for the UK government should the Yes vote win the referendum....

Again being in Scotland being involved in CND and the Faslane peace camp and all the other organisations ,have consistently rejected the idea of nuclear weapons on Scottish soil......The Scottish newspapers of the day certainly reported all the polls and feeling of the people and the politicians...Again you can source these polls if you desire.

It doesnot provide 6000 jobs for Scots ,,it provides for 6000 jobs in Scotland,,very different to what you are saying

the alternative is no nuclear weapons simple

​how many more jobs will that create with the money saved........nothing to do with defense of the country and energy for the country all about maximizing profit

Why would it be a dilemma im sure you are aware that it is the duty and the law of every nuclear holding country to reduce their capacity.

Scotland would hold to that by having none.

oops a hell of a lot of people in England also dont want Nuclear

so you are obviously pro nuclear . the alternatives, few they may be you are not happy for them to be there in England,,is that what you are saying?

Some 'notable' scholars and academics have said that Scotland will be economically better off outside the Union; as many, if not more, have said the opposite. There are many posts earlier in this topic covering this argument; go back and read them as I don't intend repeating them

​Good that you acknowledge that Some ,,that is generous of you......There are more than some if you care to investigate and more are coming out as we speak

.I will ask you, however, why, if an independent Scotland will be such an economic powerhouse, have so many Scottish companies and financial institutions said they will head south, taking their jobs with them, should the referendum vote Yes

funnily enough most of the so called fear information is coming from the London/funded based if you really did care to investigate properly rather than taking headlines to will also know that many many companies are happy to stay and many have even said to relocate to Scotland if a yes vote goes through.

i will leave that to the sherlock holmes in you to find these little nuggets.

Why does England not want to be independent from Scotland,,thats what i would like to hear from you

• Like 1

Not that clear it would seem as i never wrote any of that..i was only referring to Tony Blair

.Provide evidence that the people of Scotland (the people, not a few dissenting Scottish MPs) were overwhelmingly against the Falklands war.

.Remember that Thatcher was hated by the majority of Scots . something that today you still dont grasp or are even willing to believe( on topic as it is still one among st many why people will vote yes for independence)

There is evidence enough and im sure you can troll through the internet to get the evidence if you desire,,or you can also im sure supply evidence to myself and others to the opposite

.Do you also have evidence that the people of Scotland are overwhelmingly against Faslane? (BTW, the base is there not to somehow penalise the Scots, it does provide over 6000 jobs for Scots, remember; but because the coastline there is suitable for such a base; very few alternatives in the rest of the UK. Which will be a dilemma for the UK government should the Yes vote win the referendum....

Again being in Scotland being involved in CND and the Faslane peace camp and all the other organisations ,have consistently rejected the idea of nuclear weapons on Scottish soil......The Scottish newspapers of the day certainly reported all the polls and feeling of the people and the politicians...Again you can source these polls if you desire.

It doesnot provide 6000 jobs for Scots ,,it provides for 6000 jobs in Scotland,,very different to what you are saying

​how many more jobs will that create with the money saved........nothing to do with defense of the country and energy for the country all about maximizing profit

Why would it be a dilemma im sure you are aware that it is the duty and the law of every nuclear holding country to reduce their capacity.

so you are obviously pro nuclear . the alternatives, few they may be you are not happy for them to be there in England,,is that what you are saying?

Some 'notable' scholars and academics have said that Scotland will be economically better off outside the Union; as many, if not more, have said the opposite. There are many posts earlier in this topic covering this argument; go back and read them as I don't intend repeating them

​Good that you acknowledge that Some ,,that is generous of you......There are more than some if you care to investigate and more are coming out as we speak

.I will ask you, however, why, if an independent Scotland will be such an economic powerhouse, have so many Scottish companies and financial institutions said they will head south, taking their jobs with them, should the referendum vote Yes

funnily enough most of the so called fear information is coming from the London/funded based if you really did care to investigate properly rather than taking headlines to will also know that many many companies are happy to stay and many have even said to relocate to Scotland if a yes vote goes through.

Why does England not want to be independent from Scotland,,thats what i would like to hear from you

Again I'm not going to reply to all your points, as I'm bored with your blinkered attitude.

Please supply a list of the companies who have stated they will re-locate to Scotland in the event of a Yes vote.

A majority of the English people, as opposed to the politicians, do want separation from the Scott's, ask yourself "why".

At the moment there is poll taking place, I think in one of the national papers, asking people, if in the event of a yes vote, should Scotland be allowed to share the British currency, the Pound, the overwhelming majority ( 81%) say NO.

Why have the Scott's become so unpopular with the general public in the rest of the UK, again ask yourself "why".

Again I'm not going to reply to all your points, as I'm bored with your blinkered attitude.

Please supply a list of the companies who have stated they will re-locate to Scotland in the event of a Yes vote.

A majority of the English people, as opposed to the politicians, do want separation from the Scott's, ask yourself "why".

At the moment there is poll taking place, I think in one of the national papers, asking people, if in the event of a yes vote, should Scotland be allowed to share the British currency, the Pound, the overwhelming majority ( 81%) say NO.

Why have the Scott's become so unpopular with the general public in the rest of the UK, again ask yourself "why".

Weeeeeeeeeeell, it could be regarding the bloke who is always disappears to the loo when it's their round at the pub......whistling.gif ................smile.png

jocks will be banned from voting in 2015 if they vote YES ,and why not if they want to be free from the UK

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ban-scots-from-voting-at-2015-general-election-if-they-gain-independence-say-tories-9234135.html

Your logic astounds me, why would any independent Scot have the slightest interest

in voting in an English election of any kind.

The mess England gets itself into is of no interest whatsoever to an independent Scotsman.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UafGNaOEMNU#t=1088

For the members of the forum who want to view an open debate by representatives of all the political parties in Scotland..It an help you to understand and evaluate ,reevaluate ,,thoughts and opinions you might or might not have had

For members of the forum who mainly get their references from the media .

.This carries a health warning and it might be better not to waste an hour of your precious time

wigan(notinScotland)tojapan(alsonotinScotland); I did type out a lengthy response to your previous, then hit the wrong button and lost it!

To be honest, I can't be arsed to type it all out again; especially as it was simply covering old ground anyway, repeating points I have made many times before and (yet again)asking you to justify your opinions with evidence (it's not up to me to do that for you as you say I should. I've provided evidence to back up all my assertions; why can't you do the same?) and answer the questions you have previously ignored.

I will, though, answer the question you have not asked me before; even though I have already answered it when others asked it of me.

I am a Unionist because I firmly believe that the United Kingdom is greater than the sum of it's parts.

I believe that both England and Scotland, and to a lesser degree Northern Ireland and Wales, will lose if Scotland leaves the Union.

I also believe, though, for reasons I have posted throughout this topic, that Scotland has far more to lose than the rest of the UK.

However, as well as being a Unionist I am also a democrat. If the people of Scotland were to vote for independence then I will wave a fond farewell and wish them luck; because I think they're going to need bucket loads of it.

Edited by 7by7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UafGNaOEMNU#t=1088

For the members of the forum who want to view an open debate by representatives of all the political parties in Scotland..It an help you to understand and evaluate ,reevaluate ,,thoughts and opinions you might or might not have had

For members of the forum who mainly get their references from the media .

.This carries a health warning and it might be better not to waste an hour of your precious time

References from media reports of what people and organisations, on both sides of the argument, have actually said. Where else would you suggest we get such reports from?

You are yet to provide anything to support your many assertions and opinions.

I don't have time to watch the whole 1 hour 35 minutes at present; but will.

jocks will be banned from voting in 2015 if they vote YES ,and why not if they want to be free from the UK

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ban-scots-from-voting-at-2015-general-election-if-they-gain-independence-say-tories-9234135.html

Your logic astounds me, why would any independent Scot have the slightest interest

The mess England gets itself into is of no interest whatsoever to an independent Scotsman.

coffee1.gif

And no interest to the English if King Salmond has created a mess for Scots, eh...........coffee1.gif

You call him King Salmond, some would say he is the reincarnation of King James IV of Scotland, and we all know what a great leader he was.

But let's get away from history, my suggestion on a yes vote would be to build a new wall at the boarder, making it high enough and thick enough to stop all the moaning Scots being heard by the English celebrating on achieving their freedom from the parasites.

coffee1.gif

And no interest to the English if King Salmond has created a mess for Scots, eh...........coffee1.gif

You call him King Salmond, some would say he is the reincarnation of King James IV of Scotland, and we all know what a great leader he was.

But let's get away from history, my suggestion on a yes vote would be to build a new wall at the boarder, making it high enough and thick enough to stop all the moaning Scots being heard by the English celebrating on achieving their freedom from the parasites.

Dear notabury and basil b I have to tell you it is very difficult, for me anyway, to take anyone seriously

who doesn't know the difference between a border and a boarder, so please let me point out that a

boarder is usually someone who gets on a bus, train, plane or in the case of a pirate a ship, and the

border that you and bb seem to be referring to is a line on a map, usually defining where one country

ends and another begins and in some countries patrolled and entry and exit vetted by security forces.

Hope this clears things up for you and bb. thumbsup.gif

Just a small point of order.

Edited by phuketjock
  • Like 1

coffee1.gif

Dear notabury and basil b I have to tell you it is very difficult, for me anyway, to take anyone seriously

who doesn't know the difference between a border and a boarder, so please let me point out that a

boarder is usually someone who gets on a bus, train, plane or in the case of a pirate a ship, and a the

border that you and bb seem to be referring to is a line on a map, usually defining where one country

ends and another begins and in some countries patrolled and entry and exit vetted by security forces.

Congratulations, phuketjock, this is the first time on this tread, that you've actually made some sense. Lets hope that when the English stop subsidising the Scots, the UK will spend this extra money on not only giving UK students free university education, but also raising the overall educational standard throughout the country. In the meantime we will just have to rely on our common sense.

coffee1.gif

boarder is usually someone who gets on a bus, train, plane or in the case of a pirate a ship, and a the

Congratulations, phuketjock, this is the first time on this tread, that you've actually made some sense. Lets hope that when the English stop subsidising the Scots, the UK will spend this extra money on not only giving UK students free university education, but also raising the overall educational standard throughout the country. In the meantime we will just have to rely on our common sense.

I put it down to my superior, apparently according to you and your cronies English subsidised, Scottish education.

Good luck with your indepedence for England campaign. cheesy.gif

Promises are very easy before a vote, but after, perhaps excuses come will come to the fore. Weeeeeeeeell, if Scots vote to go it alone, yeh, thats cool, BUT, you stay cool and sort yourself out eh...............thumbsup.gif

If the Scots decide to vote No to the separation. What will the English media be like for the next 100 years.

English Media : Come here boy, Sit!

Scotland: Yes Master

Nooooooooooooo way..............As an English guy l respect my Scots cousins to being No.1 in a fight. Don't care about the money talk, I care about us shoulder to shoulder. thumbsup.gif

If the Scots decide to vote No to the separation. What will the English media be like for the next 100 years.

English Media : Come here boy, Sit!

Scotland: Yes Master

Nooooooooooooo way..............As an English guy l respect my Scots cousins to being No.1 in a fight. Don't care about the money talk, I care about us shoulder to shoulder. thumbsup.gif

If the No vote wins, do you think there is any chance that a contingent of English members will come on to gloat and gloat and gloat.