Have you ever been financially screwed over by a fellow expat?

Shoeboat

Yes, I've been scammed, it was a wirthwhile if costly lesson.

A local farang, running a struggling restaurant at the time, who had been in the area for twenty years with a series of businesses, borrowed some money to help obtain his annual visa-extension.

A series of excuses followed, for not making any attempt to repay, his wife was apparently gambling & then left him, his daughter overseas was going to help him repay his debts, and so on.

I gradually discovered that I wasn't the only one who'd lost-out.

Eventually he had a stroke, karma.

Yes - Chiang Mai, probably same dodgy expat so-called FA now living elsewhere, total, lying mis-selling to get the highest commission, made worse over 7 years by the the appalling non-services of a large BKK financial advisory firm also earning from the fund. Lost much more than I could afford to.

Yep ..........

About 20 expat residents have been screwed over in CM.

Our pension/trust/investment funds were raided by a dodgy expat IFA.

We lost about 2-4 million baht each, some more. (Total losses in the 100 million baht range)

He has left the country, but his dodgy expat employee is still trying for more money.

Wow, that's not small change. How did this guy manage to get 20 of you to invest that much? Must be a real smooth con artist.

Yep ..........

About 20 expat residents have been screwed over in CM.

Our pension/trust/investment funds were raided by a dodgy expat IFA.

We lost about 2-4 million baht each, some more. (Total losses in the 100 million baht range)

He has left the country, but his dodgy expat employee is still trying for more money.

Wow, that's not small change. How did this guy manage to get 20 of you to invest that much? Must be a real smooth con artist.

He has also been writing wills in CM, quite a lot, doesn't register them, god knows how many Thai wives will be cheated. I'm hoping the wills won't be scammed, but if you made one out using a company in CM, watch out.

Turns out she's also abandoned another guy who was depending on her for client referrals - and this without good reason. She also owes 10k to one of her Fillipina staff. A friend of hers whom I only met once told me that she's a strange one, though to me it seems she's simply a pudgy female Hitler on a power trip with people skills in minus figures. All academia and next to know experience in how to treat people in business.

Can I name and shame her? Mods?

Turns out she's also abandoned another guy who was depending on her for client referrals - and this without good reason. She also owes 10k to one of her Fillipina staff. A friend of hers whom I only met once told me that she's a strange one, though to me it seems she's simply a pudgy female Hitler on a power trip with people skills in minus figures. All academia and next to know experience in how to treat people in business.

Can I name and shame her? Mods?

Atleast say the company name Shoeboat. My wife is looking at getting some cosmetic surgery done next time we are in Thailand.

I Would hate her to use a business run by a woman like this. Message me if you are not sure