Opening thai paypal account for falangs?

I didn't have to pay anything from my thai paypal to my thai bank account.

but I don't do any business with. And open it was as simple to open my french paypal account.

I know it is free transfer to the bank

but how did you send them copied of electric bills and such?

So you can have two paypal accounts on the same name?

No such thing as Thai PayPal, PayPal is global, once you resister with them

and establish your credentials and credit rating you're good to go,

however, if any of the above requirements is not up to scratch, you will not

be allowed to join them...

yes, open a Paypal account in your country and then use Bangkok Bank to withdraw using the much better exchange rate they offer (Paypal's exchange rate is a scam), as you can read in http://www.bangkokbank.com/bangkokbank/personalbanking/dailybanking/transferingfunds/transferringintothailand/receivingfundsfromusa/pages/receivingfundsfromusa.aspx:

PayPal Payments for International E-Commerce Operators in Thailand

If you operate an international e-commerce business or want to transfer funds in US Dollars from your PayPal account to your account with Bangkok Bank in Thailand, you can now transfer funds from your PayPal account via the US ACH system and Bangkok Bank's New York branch.

Service benefits

Better Baht exchange rate - Bangkok Bank will receive and convert your US Dollars funds from PayPal into Thai Baht using the bank's prevailing daily exchange rate in Thailand.

Fast payments - You will receive your funds within 3-4 days after you instruct PayPal to transfer funds.

Free SMS notifications - You can receive an SMS as soon as your funds arrive in your account. To apply for the SMS Remittance Alert service or for more details, click here.

How to use the service

Open a savings or current account at any Bangkok Bank branch in Thailand, or use your existing Bangkok Bank account. Please note, the name of the new or existing Bangkok Bank account must be the same as the name registered with PayPal (if a mismatch occurs, funds will be returned to PayPal).

Add your Bangkok Bank account in Thailand with PayPal to receive funds from PayPal via Bangkok Banks New York Branch:

Select United States as the country.

Bank Name:

Bangkok Bank (without specifying a branch name)

Account Type:

Checking or Savings Account (choose type of account)

Routing Number:

026008691 (Enter the 9-digit routing number for Bangkok Bank's New York branch)

Account Number:

xxxxxxxxxx (Enter the 10-digit number of your Bangkok Bank account in Thailand)

Re-enter Account Number:

xxxxxxxxxx (Re-enter your 10-digit Bangkok Bank account number in Thailand)

PayPal will send an email to confirm that they have added your Bangkok Bank account. You can then start to transfer funds from PayPal to your Bangkok Bank account.

Important note:

PayPal may send two small deposit amounts into your account and request your confirmation. We recommend you do not respond to this request, as it is only applicable to those who maintain their accounts with banks in the US, and is designed to allow PayPal to automatically debit your Bangkok Bank account. Bangkok Bank will not allow PayPal to debit and transfer funds from your account with us to the US.

Bangkok Bank will be able to credit the recipients account in Thailand only when the name and account number of the recipient in your transfer instruction from the banks in the US matches the recipients name and account number at Bangkok Bank.

If you have a USD account with Bangkok Bank in Thailand, you can have the funds deposited into your USD account without converting them into Thai Baht. Please enter the first 16-digit number of your USD account at Bangkok Bank in Thailand*.

Edited by falang07

No such thing as Thai PayPal, PayPal is global, once you resister with them

and establish your credentials and credit rating you're good to go,

however, if any of the above requirements is not up to scratch, you will not

be allowed to join them...

there is a Paypal Thailand, for which you need a separate account for. I cannot log in to Paypal Thailand with my US paypal account information. I had to make another account using my SCB credit card. They are separate accounts

yes, open a Paypal account in your country and then use Bangkok Bank to withdraw using the much better exchange rate they offer (Paypal's exchange rate is a scam), as you can read in http://www.bangkokbank.com/bangkokbank/personalbanking/dailybanking/transferingfunds/transferringintothailand/receivingfundsfromusa/pages/receivingfundsfromusa.aspx:

PayPal Payments for International E-Commerce Operators in Thailand

If you operate an international e-commerce business or want to transfer funds in US Dollars from your PayPal account to your account with Bangkok Bank in Thailand, you can now transfer funds from your PayPal account via the US ACH system and Bangkok Bank's New York branch.

Service benefits

Better Baht exchange rate - Bangkok Bank will receive and convert your US Dollars funds from PayPal into Thai Baht using the bank's prevailing daily exchange rate in Thailand.

Fast payments - You will receive your funds within 3-4 days after you instruct PayPal to transfer funds.

Free SMS notifications - You can receive an SMS as soon as your funds arrive in your account. To apply for the SMS Remittance Alert service or for more details, click here.

How to use the service

Open a savings or current account at any Bangkok Bank branch in Thailand, or use your existing Bangkok Bank account. Please note, the name of the new or existing Bangkok Bank account must be the same as the name registered with PayPal (if a mismatch occurs, funds will be returned to PayPal).

Add your Bangkok Bank account in Thailand with PayPal to receive funds from PayPal via Bangkok Banks New York Branch:

Select United States as the country.

Bank Name:

Bangkok Bank (without specifying a branch name)

Account Type:

Checking or Savings Account (choose type of account)

Routing Number:

026008691 (Enter the 9-digit routing number for Bangkok Bank's New York branch)

Account Number:

xxxxxxxxxx (Enter the 10-digit number of your Bangkok Bank account in Thailand)

Re-enter Account Number:

xxxxxxxxxx (Re-enter your 10-digit Bangkok Bank account number in Thailand)

PayPal will send an email to confirm that they have added your Bangkok Bank account. You can then start to transfer funds from PayPal to your Bangkok Bank account.

Important note:

PayPal may send two small deposit amounts into your account and request your confirmation. We recommend you do not respond to this request, as it is only applicable to those who maintain their accounts with banks in the US, and is designed to allow PayPal to automatically debit your Bangkok Bank account. Bangkok Bank will not allow PayPal to debit and transfer funds from your account with us to the US.

Bangkok Bank will be able to credit the recipients account in Thailand only when the name and account number of the recipient in your transfer instruction from the banks in the US matches the recipients name and account number at Bangkok Bank.

If you have a USD account with Bangkok Bank in Thailand, you can have the funds deposited into your USD account without converting them into Thai Baht. Please enter the first 16-digit number of your USD account at Bangkok Bank in Thailand*.

but I am not american, how can I transfer thgouth new yorl Bangkok bank? That is impossble

Let's make this easier. Two paypal accounts.

One attached to your home currency account and one attached to your Thai bank account and both verified, particularly your Thai account.

Sign in to home currency account and send funds to the account attached to your Thai account. Sign out of first account and sign in to PayPal account that's attached to Thai bank account and withdraw funds to Thai bank account. Keep it real and you'll never have a problem.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

One attached to your home currency account and one attached to your Thai bank account and both verified, particularly your Thai account.

Sign in to home currency account and send funds to the account attached to your Thai account. Sign out of first account and sign in to PayPal account that's attached to Thai bank account and withdraw funds to Thai bank account. Keep it real and you'll never have a problem.

Good luck.

I dont know how you can manage that, are you using different computers, because paypal does not allow shuffling with accounts like that

The best forme would be to have an USA bank but then again they would see my Thai IP all the time and would shut it down.

Is it possible to open USA bank acccount, and just add this account to Thai paypal account, (paypal that you opened in Thaialand) and you are not american?

I am in fact European.

Good luck.

I dont know how you can manage that, are you using different computers, because paypal does not allow shuffling with accounts like that

The best forme would be to have an USA bank but then again they would see my Thai IP all the time and would shut it down.

Is it possible to open USA bank acccount, and just add this account to Thai paypal account, (paypal that you opened in Thaialand) and you are not american?

I am in fact European.

Read my post above, yes they do. I can sign in and out of both my Thai and US paypal accounts at will.

Good luck.

it will cost you 3-4% plus a bad exchange rate to do this......

Good luck.

I am in fact European.

Read my post above, yes they do. I can sign in and out of both my Thai and US paypal accounts at will.

but that is just crazy, you know there is always 4 % fee with paypal,

Good luck.

I am in fact European.

but that is just crazy, you know there is always 4 % fee with paypal,

4% for transferring from one account to another right? I don't do that. I just have two accounts that I need for different situations.

Good luck.

I am in fact European.

I don't understand what you mean, so maybe you're right in your circumstances.

I have 2 paypal accounts and 2 ebay accounts from the same computer. A different paypal is attached to each ebay.

With paypal, different email addresses, different bank accounts, and if used different visa cards for are necessary for each account.

With ebay, a different paypal account is necessary for each ebay account if you want to use paypal for ebay.

If I had an ecommerce site, it would run on Visa first, and maybe a paypal option. There are charges for both but Visa is a little less and they credit you quickly. You need a Visa merchant account which requires a good credit rating. I don't think paypal checks credit. They simply hold your money until payment to them has seasoned for a few days.

...it will cost you 3-4% plus a bad exchange rate to do this......

Really? As I have previously stated, I regularly forward money from UK to Thailand.

PayPal will obviously require to make money on the f/x conversion but I've seen worse.

Bangkok Bank closed at 51.76 to 1 GBP on Friday.

PayPal's f/x rate today is 50.2393 to 1 GBP as evidenced below. Paypal's f/x rate is competitive for my requirements. If I were to send large amounts of cash, i.e. + GBP 1,000.00 at a time, I would shop around and do the math.

post-175321-0-60039500-1385873174_thumb.

I will dispute a 3-4% charge and evidence a charge of just THB 50.00 (0.5%) to send THB 10,000.00 to my Thai bank account.

post-175321-0-90995100-1385870988_thumb.

Rather than slinging wild percentages charges without checking first doesn't help those that would like an accurate appraisal of the reality.

Please also note, as others have stated, there is no problem signing into multiple PayPal accounts from the same computer (IP address). I sign into three accounts successively and never encountered a problem. It's all very convenient and trouble-free for the majority.

Edited by wooloomooloo

Beware of Paypal.

Their TOS allow them to seize your money at their sole discretion and lock up your funds for six months.

You then will have no recourse for at least six months because you have agreed to their Terms of Service.

They very often do this for simply noticing that you have had an increase in volume in your account. Most often they lock your funds because an unscrupulous competitor lodges a frivolous complaint against you, leaving you screwed.

With Paypal the benefit of the doubt is always on the side of the unscrupulous buyer. Never do they side with the seller.

Bitcoin is a better option. IMHO.

^ why did you have to ruin a perfectly sensible and helpful post with that ridiculous and bizarre final line?... bitcoin could potentially one day become better than paypal but it is far far from it today - the price is incredibly volatile (and susceptible to a sudden and rapid depreciation given the significant holdings of speculators), there is absolutely no protection for the buyer from fraudulent sellers, you need to convert out of and into normal currency before and after the transaction (unless you want to "save" in bitcoins, which would be completely illogical given the price volatility), etc

Beware of Paypal.

Their TOS allow them to seize your money at their sole discretion and lock up your funds for six months.

You then will have no recourse for at least six months because you have agreed to their Terms of Service.

They very often do this for simply noticing that you have had an increase in volume in your account. Most often they lock your funds because an unscrupulous competitor lodges a frivolous complaint against you, leaving you screwed.

With Paypal the benefit of the doubt is always on the side of the unscrupulous buyer. Never do they side with the seller.

Why would you leave a significant amount of funds in a paypal account anyway. I only use it for the convenience, my thai paypal is linked to my scb credit card and my us paypal account is linked to my wells fargo account. If I purchase something using paypal it just charges my card/bank account. The money never sits in the paypal acct.

Beware of Paypal.

bitcoin has nothing to do with paypal, it is a currency, not an online bank

and too risky to invest too, the bubble will burst soon

I recently open a Pay Pal account so I could purchase items online as I don't have a credit or debit card. Once the account was set up and verified, I contacted Pay Pal to find out how to deposit funds in to the account without a debit or credit card. The reply was with a credit or debit card. What a waste of time.

I would not link my "real" bank account with paypal ,

when you sign up you give them the right to take money out of your bank account if there is not enough money in the paypal account to make a refund,

since they now have YOUR money you have lost all leverage you have against the charge back

Leave enough in to refund some things, 3000 baht or so, take the rest out and do not put it in the linked account.

You have to live with paypal if you are doing ebay , just be smart about it , they are NOT your friend , they are the Buyers friend !

I am not an ebay seller so it is perfect for me, but thank god for protection from paypal, i shop many times and in 50% i get faulty stuff that is refunded

just last time i ordered nike gym pants and I got different model of nike pants that had the label but the original date was 2001, so of course I asked for money back, there are many scammers on ebay, selling shit and thanks for paypal for protecting customers

i got jordan shorts that fell apart after 1 wear, the stiching was wrong, but I was to late to refund because I did not check the trousers and the seller ignored me etc etc etc.....