Ex Thai girlfriend reporting me to Embassy

thefarrang

Hello,

I would really like to hear anyone who has any information or experience of my situation please.

I have a child with an ex Thai girlfriend, who says she will now report me to my embassy and cause big problems for me.

She is from a proof background and has very limited money.

I have been supporting her every month for sometime, more recently I have reduced the amount of money I am paying as I now view it as only

supporting my child, no reason to provide for her famly etc.....

Does anyone else support a child with an ex Thai girlfriend, if so how much do you allow per month?

We have had many arguements, etc... together and she says she will report me to my Embassy in Bangkok and this will cause be big big problems!

I think she means that I can get blacklisted from visiting Thailand and prosecuted through the police/courts to pay more money?

I should add I am not named on childs birth certificate at present.

Can someone advise what trouble can she make for me ? Can I be blacklisted from Thailand, will the police arrest me ?

I add I am happy to continue to pay a reasonable amount for child support.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how you could be blacklisted from Thailand, and I highly doubt the Thai police would be interested, what would the charge even be? On the other hand, if your home country has strict child-support laws, then she could conceivably create problems for you back home, though I imagine that would be incredibly difficult and expensive for her to pursue. I really doubt that anything can come of this, particularly without hard proof of your paternity.

• Like 1

How long was she your girlfriend ,did you live here with her and are you certain the child is yours ? legaly she can do nothing ,.

She was my girlfriend ( well gik really) for about 1 year.

We never lived together. Never had a DNA test, but from appearances Im certain the child is mine.

How long was she your girlfriend ,did you live here with her and are you certain the child is yours ? legaly she can do nothing ,.

She was my girlfriend ( well gik really) for about 1 year.

We never lived together. Never had a DNA test, but from appearances Im certain the child is mine.

How old is the child? It could very well be your child or another farang child and she's playing two or more of you with the same. Of course, this is pure speculation, but not all that unlikely considering she is already threathening you and lying about what rights she has.

So really, nothing to do but give a 'fair' amount if you feel generous or insist on a DNA test if you want to be sure.

Remember that she will likely keep this up for 18 years, so maybe you really should get a test and if the child is really yours, perhaps consider how you can keep cordial with the mother of your child. I don't believe it is good for children to grow up in households where one parent resents the other.

In any case, your choice, but DNA testing is the only way to know.

• Like 1

A similar question was asked in the Phuket Gazette some years ago.

A woman lawyer answered, and finished by writing:

''And remember, it is the woman's responsibility to take care of the child''.

And when someone in Thailand says, ''You will have big problem'', just a fear tactic.

If you volunteer 10,000 bahts a month, for your child, you are a man of good heart...

• Like 1

Bit of bannork bs by the sounds. Firstly and lastly she needs to speak with a lawyer (if she knows what one looks like)

Strong but true.

Like the current thread running about somebody wanting 20000 baht for a dead soi dog with the local opportunists it's a case of look at the dollar signs first and let the who's why's and wherefore's come later.

Me and my wife were sitting outside KK bus station once waiting to pick our niece up. I started the engine just as an old bloke in a tuk tuk jerked forward and hit the back of the car cracking the taillight. We hopped out and, upon spotting yours truly, he engaged his few brain cells, thought " Here's a farang mug" and said that I'd reversed into him and wanted 5000 baht.

My wife told him ( rough translation) " Uncle we were going to be good hearted and let you off cracking our light but if you want to do it that way you can pay for the light.'

He grumbled a bit and cleared off.

A lot of these situations they'll try and bluff you to see who blinks first.

• Like 2

Do not do what I did. Hardly ever got to see my son, although I paid monthly. At first, I was giving too much money (20,000). That is more than a teacher with a college education makes. 9000 seems to be a good honest figure. You are not responsible for the mom, or any other kid...only morally responsible for your own. I assume she would live in a home with or without your child, you are not responsible for her rent.

Medical Insurance per month.....1000 (I don't really know)

Food per month...........................4000 per month

Clothing.........................................1000 (damn good wardrobe after a year..but they grow fast)

Education (eventually)..................2000 (not a private school of course up to you)

College fund.................................1000 per month for 18 years would pay most college fees (keep that away from her)

I might have missed something.....from time to time gifts, dentists etc.

There seems to be gossip going around that foreign embassies force give free money to farang babies....not true.

She might figure out a way to turn you in on a fraud hotline for getting tax breaks and/or extra social security money which could get you audited. She could do this through a friend who is Thai, but has citizenship in your country. In the USA there is a fraud hotline. For example...if you claim (USA) the child is living with you when that is not the case....

That is probably not going to happen. They will not want to get involved here.

• Like 1

- no embassy has legal powers to intervene in your case : only the Thai courts can make a final decision if necessary

- if a Thai court makes a final ruling (no more appeal possible) that you neglect your child - having your nationality - then your embassy may consider to inform justice system in your own country.

Ask her to take you to court, they will make you pay 20% of your salary; so if you earn 50k a month you will need to pay 10,000 a month... No need to worry if she goes to police or any other official, nothing they can do... I pay 15,000 to my ex, not the result of a court ruling but my own doing, it is for my son and I don't want him to want for anything...

Actually a teacher with a college degree starts at around 15,000 baht a month (if a master degree I beleife 17,500 baht a month and that grows steadily. Many a Thai government teacher I know earns at least 30,000 baht a month with up to 50,000 or even more if older.

Besides that they can submit workplans, including research and such, to get an extra bonus a month of something like 10,000 baht.

But all that is off topic.