Gay Marriage in Thailand: How does it work?

mrobz007

I just had a flash of my FIL asking for Sin Sod.........

People in the past (don't laugh!) have suggested that paying sin sod for a gay relationship is customary in Thailand (it isn't, ever -- we at least get away from that!)

I just had a flash of my FIL asking for Sin Sod.........

People in the past (don't laugh!) have suggested that paying sin sod for a gay relationship is customary in Thailand (it isn't, ever -- we at least get away from that!)

I have more than paid my Sin Sod over the last 25 years 5555555 but I would love the topic to come up it would be good for a laugh, well on my part anyway. At our wedding he did offer to contribute but fearing a flutter of moths flying out when he opens his wallet we declined.

By 2016 there is a fair chance that Thailand will offer legal same sex CIVIL unions in which one of the partners can be a foreigner (and at least one Thai partner). Forget about about legal same sex MARRIAGE in Thailand by that date though.

That would be excellent news. Where did you get this info from? Or is it just a feeling you have?

By 2016 there is a fair chance that Thailand will offer legal same sex CIVIL unions in which one of the partners can be a foreigner (and at least one Thai partner). Forget about about legal same sex MARRIAGE in Thailand by that date though.

That would be excellent news. Where did you get this info from? Or is it just a feeling you have?

There have been multiple threads about this. It's on the government's radar and the language under discussion includes one foreign partner. However, given what's happening on the streets right now I'd say it's back burner! Still while I wouldn't say probable by 2016, it's still definitely POSSIBLE.

Edited by Jingthing