Pattaya Visa Companies and New 30 day Land

gk10002000

can someone please confirm if they have gotten 30 days on a recent land crossing visa run using a Pattaya Agency? I made the land run to Poi Pet from Bangkok on Nov 7 and got the 30 days (new G7 country rule), but have not heard of anybody from Pattaya getting 30 days. G7 country citizens are USA, UK, Germany, Japan, France, + 2 others)

Thanks

I got 90 days biggrin.png

Did the visa-run myself

Thanks but not the same thing I was asking about. I am asking about the standard visa stamp one gets when they arrive at the airport, then later make visa border runs. So far I haven't seen anybody post from Pattaya that the Pattaya visa travel companies are aware of it or that anybody has gotten the 30 days versus the 15 days.

• Like 1

Did the visa-run myself

Thanks but not the same thing I was asking about. I am asking about the standard visa stamp one gets when they arrive at the airport, then later make visa border runs. So far I haven't seen anybody post from Pattaya that the Pattaya visa travel companies are aware of it or that anybody has gotten the 30 days versus the 15 days.

What you're talking about is not really a visa run, but a "border run" to obtain a visa exempt entry (not really a visa) of 30 days.

Pattaya28 apparently did a border crossing to get a visa at a Thai embassy, so what he did might be called a "visa run" ... possibly.

Some people on TV claim they do "boarder runs" too, but that's something entirely different and either involves getting food as part of the deal or it's what pirates do when they take over another ship.

Edited by Suradit69

J..C... OP has made a interesting query, if you don't have any actual input ... please refrain from useless replies !!

The topic has been done to death. Can't see why the results would be any different for people from Pattaya than for anyone else. Also it would help if he didn't refer to a visa run when he isn't actually enquiring about visas. Surely it would have made more sense to read through existing threads (and there are more than just those shown below) and ask the question in one of those. Nothing is gained by starting many, many threads on essentially the same topic.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/684875-1-month-at-land-borders/?p=7091544&hl=%2Bg7

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/679721-good-news-for-holders-of-uk-usa-japan-germany-france-canada-and-italy/page-13?hl=%2Bg7#entry7092604

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/684565-land-crossing-into-thailand-with-german-passport-how-many-days/?p=7085800&hl=%2Bg7

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/681862-visa-runs-companies-to-get-double-turist-visas-in-pattaya/?p=7049170&hl=%2Bg7

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

J..C... OP has made a interesting query, if you don't have any actual input ... please refrain from useless replies !!

And I can't see what a visa agency would have to do with a visa exempt land crossing. They'd arrange transport and the Cambodian visa, but otherwise there's not much to handing your passport to the immigrations officer with an innocent smile. Hardly worth paying someone to do for you. No Thai embassy or consulate involved.

Edited by Suradit69

And I can't see what a visa agency would have to do with a visa exempt land crossing. They'd arrange transport and the Cambodian visa, but otherwise there's not much to handing your passport to the immigrations officer with an innocent smile. Hardly worth paying someone to do for you. No Thai embassy or consulate involved.

Again, I am asking if anybody has used any Pattatya company such as Key Visa to make the day drive over the Cambodia and back again, entering by land and getting a 30 day visa exemption stamp in their passport. Sorry if people keep going off on tangents about other things. Going to an embassy and getting Tourist Visas, Non -O visas etc, is not what I am asking about. So far, I have not found anybody that has done it using the one or two Cambodia land crossing points that the Pattaya companies typically use. I did it using the Poi Pet crossing that a Bangkok company used, but I am trying avoid having to get up to Bangkok to catch their 0500 minivan. I guess I will find out later today when I get into Pattaya. Hard to believe that nobody from any of the G-7 countries has made a Visa run in November from Pattaya. But then again, they may just not be on this message forum.

Have a nice day

Again, I am asking if anybody has used any Pattatya company such as Key Visa to make the day drive over the Cambodia and back again, entering by land and getting a 30 day visa exemption stamp in their passport. Sorry if people keep going off on tangents about other things. Going to an embassy and getting Tourist Visas, Non -O visas etc, is not what I am asking about. So far, I have not found anybody that has done it using the one or two Cambodia land crossing points that the Pattaya companies typically use. I did it using the Poi Pet crossing that a Bangkok company used, but I am trying avoid having to get up to Bangkok to catch their 0500 minivan. I guess I will find out later today when I get into Pattaya. Hard to believe that nobody from any of the G-7 countries has made a Visa run in November from Pattaya. But then again, they may just not be on this message forum.

Have a nice day

There was a thread here earlier this month in which somebody from Pattaya had indeed got 30 days, at that time it was more a question of which countries got it rather than if at all.

• Like 1

Did the visa-run myself

What you're talking about is not really a visa run, but a "border run" to obtain a visa exempt entry (not really a visa) of 30 days.

Pattaya28 apparently did a border crossing to get a visa at a Thai embassy, so what he did might be called a "visa run" ... possibly.

Some people on TV claim they do "boarder runs" too, but that's something entirely different and either involves getting food as part of the deal or it's what pirates do when they take over another ship.

They're still visa runs. It's just informal lingo. That's what everyone calls them - even the people who know they're doing a "border run to obtain a new visa exempt entry" type of visa run.