US Expat Gregory James Miller sentenced to 38 years in jail for paedophilia offences.

ramidin

US EXPAT SENTENCED TO 38 YEARS IMPRISONMENT FOR PAEDOPHILIA OFFENCES

gregory-james-greg-miller-paedophile-tha Miller at his arrest in June 2012

US expat Gregory 'Greg' Miller, who previously worked as a teacher in various schools in Thailand, was on 14th November 2013 sentenced to 38 years imprisonment for sexually assaulting a nine year old boy on ten occasions between January and June 2012.

In passing sentence the presiding Judge said that Miller's conduct over such a long period and repeatedly sexually assaulting such a young child justified an extremely harsh sentence. The sentence is one of the highest ever imposed in Thailand for this type of offence - the maximum penalty for the offence is life imprisonment.

Greg Miller was arrested in Pattaya in June 2012, and subsequently pleaded guilty on 28th October 2013 to sexually assaulting the boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons. Miller is suspected of sexually assaulting at least five other boys, all under the age of 12. Following his arrest evidence came to light that Miller was stalking young boys and video taping them at school functions.

more here : http://case-watch-th...mes-miller.html

Obviously the man's psycho-sexual development went haywire somewhere along the way. Generally this type of abnormal sexual attraction is untreatable and he has probably been doing this stuff his whole life. Medical castration and/or psyco-drug therapies might suppress these type of urges but probably not available in the Thai criminal justice system. While I think the sentence is too harsh by orders of magnitude, considering the fact he would most likely reoffend without the aforementioned treatment it's probably best to keep him locked up.

• Like 1

Another quality teacher.Let him rot in Jail.!!

When I was looking for a private teacher for extra classes for my son, I got the visit of a 65 year old Head Teacher at a popular South Pattaya school.

He had a curriculum of several leading jobs in major schools, including the most famous international school in East Pattaya.

He wanted to teach my son for a very low salary.

When he told me he had a 15 year old girlfriend in the Philippines, I gently refused his offer.

Interesting detail : All his previous jobs had been for the period of a single year. I guess the schools had a reason to terminate the contracts.

Edited by PeterSmiles
  • Like 1