Thai protesters break into army headquarters

webfact

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am getting more and more convinced that The Nation and ThaiVisa are bias to what is going on.

Just visit all the other online news agencies and you know what I mean.

I never thought in my wildest dreams that TVF would be censored.

I always thought it was impartial.

errr - read the forum rules this ain't a free for all discussion fora about Thailand - that's for when farangs gather in groups and make sure no Thais are listening then we get a lot nearer to the truth about the Land of Smiles.

A gallant fighting force if there ever was one, waiting like a coiled spring just ready to pounce, into action when China comes to extend its territory I hope they will be quicker to respond.    

Pretty profound statement, any supporting information you would like to add.

Don't be silly, this is Thai Visa after all. Every one is an expert!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes... there are at least two men in the Gate Break Photo who do not appear to be Thai men.

One to the right is wearing a pale blue shirt and gary or tan cap...

... and near him to his left is a man wearing a blue shirt and a red cap.

Please accept the fact that Thaksin and now Yingluck Shinawatra were both duely elected by Thailand's Democratic Free Election Process...

... as a Populist Candidate by Urban Middle Class and Rural Agrarian Hard-working Poor...

... and now wealthy Bangkok Loyalists, Corporatists Bankers and Big Business, and their Urban Middle Class Employees want...

... the Military to step in, stage a coup and oust to the duely elected Populist Government...

... and then replace Democratic Government with an unelected "people's council"?

Sounds like an alliance to maintain a two class Feudal System under Totalitarian Corporate (Fascist) Rule to me!

• Like 1

They are reported to be inside the building now. Rather than some of the inane comments about the Thai army here, this development may reflect more on their possible reluctance to side with the corrupt government. Secondly, said government is now running scared. The last thing they need is bullets flying (again).

Good post I was thinking there for a while all we were going to get was red shirt level thinking.

I am not worrying about the bullets flying as long as there is no red shirts in the area. They were the ones to start the firing in 2010. Let us hope they don't put on a different shirt and start shooting. That is the real danger.

"They were the ones to start the firing in 2010"

A lie and you know it.

Thus the relevant question is who are the two non-Thais? And how did they get up front in the point to crash the Military Gate?

Does anyone out there have a clue as to how Freely elected Democratic Governments are prevented from having power or how they are usually brought down?

Usually there are ex-Patriots who are inserted or emigrated into the targeted country where they identify and assimilate into disgruntled citizen groups and social-economic classes.

These insugents usually are funded and trained with skills in social, economic and political endoctrination and manipulation.

Soon the insurgents are able to adavnce their influence and psychological control over the groups and classes using their resources and ideologies.

After the covert underground movement is motivated by disatisfaction, organized and led by ctizen activists, funded by domestic and outside sources, and has grown impatient for want of change...

... then the movement led by citizen activists and continuously advised actively by the insurgents close within comes out suddenly...

... and overtly starts making demands and implied threats backed up by public demonstrations, acts of violence and lawlessness right in the face of government and military.

The real undercover purpose by the insurgents, their financiers and outside ideological leaders is to bring down Constitutional government whereby ALL THE PEOPLE HAVE EQUAL VOICE IN DEMOCRATIC ELECTIONS AND GOVERNMENT RULE!

Thus the underlying goal of the movement outside and domestically is DICTATORIAL CONTROL OF ALL THE PEOPLE through FORCED Un-Democratic Constitutional Marxist or Fascist Rule!

All the Thai People should not fail to consider the possibility that this either subversive Fascist or Marxist Insurgents have and are playing the lead influential role in these Bangkok-led anti-Agrarian movements.

These movements are clearly objecting to the results of the Democratically Free Elections in Thailand during the past 2 decades... elections in which the majority of Thai People being Rural Agrarian Poor successfully gained political and economic influence with represenation of their interests throughout all provinces and the Bangkok-based National Thai Government Body.

Do not rule out the real possibilty that the two non-Thai men in the Gate Break Photo may well be Insurgents and there would likely be many others in al Thailand large cities.

It's rather more likely that they are enthusiastic farang anti-thaksinistas who have rather foolishly decided to get involved in the protests.

Since they do rather stand out in a crowd (of Thais) I should imagine that their career as "best mates of Suthep" will be rather short!

It's rather more likely that they are enthusiastic farang anti-thaksinistas who have rather foolishly decided to get involved in the protests.

Since they do rather stand out in a crowd (of Thais) I should imagine that their career as "best mates of Suthep" will be rather short!

Who can forget this joker from 2010.....

The guy in the blue shirt in the pic does not look to THAI to me. the army will not budge with a few hundred people. they will need to see a hell of a lot more to be convinced to COUP which will destroy thailand as a tourist haven for a long while.

This is not easy for the army as they p[robably like me, can see no side is good for this country.

Do you seriously think the RTA takes the tourism sector into account when coming up with their defense strategy?

Remember that many government employess, including the police and the army support the demonstrators, but are not allowed to show or voice their political preferences and definitely not allowed to demonstrate or they would lose their jobs and possibly more.

Democracy is democracy. It is irrelevant whether or not the current PM is a surrogate for her more politically astute

absent older brother. Her party is in power because a majority of the electorate (who were fully aware of Yingluck's family connections) put her and them there.

In a democracy anyone is entitled to protest about any government action of which they disapprove, but by the same token an administration, no matter how unpopular it may appear to some, can only legitimately be deposed via the ballot box.

As a falang "guest" in this troubled but uniquely beguiling country, the last thing I wish to see is my Thai friends with different political allegiances caught up in more bitter feuding and possibly bloodshed.

A coup would simply be yet another example of Thailand taking one step forward and two steps back in the slow and painful march towards becoming a real democracy - with all that implies for the country's international profile and future as a major tourist destination.

You know, I dare say that in most countries in the world, if a crowd breaks into the Army HQ, the response from the Army/government is to start cracking heads. These protesters are just beginning for it. They are completely out of control now.

I would be inclined to think that no violence, ie; keeping the peace, demonstrates a high degree of control.

The likelihood is someone in the chain of command (maybe even the PMs office) has given instructions not to confront if the base is not a high security base.... it is best to stand aside than confront in certain circumstances.... especially with your own citizens.

You know, I dare say that in most countries in the world, if a crowd breaks into the Army HQ, the response from the Army/government is to start cracking heads. These protesters are just beginning for it. They are completely out of control now.

I would be inclined to think that no violence, ie; keeping the peace, demonstrates a high degree of control.

cheesy.gif ..........................cheesy.gif

(tomorrow) ''Sergeant, where have all our secret papers gone'' ? "Eeeeeeeeeeer, I think Sir that that lady with the pork ball stall is lighting her barbie with them''.........''OK, mines with chili sauce''......... blink.png

Trying to put motives on the army is a bad idea. The motives could be as simple as the army being given orders to stand down because you don't really want to use armed force against ones own citizens... they are not trained for that and any time you use them in that manner you can end up with unforeseen consequences. They could have been ordered to stand down -- it would be the proper order to give in this type of scenario.

BTW, Top Secret, Eyes Only classified papers would not be accessible by someone occupying the army headquarters. They would be stored in a vault with multiple levels of security including biometric.... and the most secret would not be at headquarters.

Edited by cacruden

BTW, Top Secret, Eyes Only classified papers would not be accessible by someone occupying the army headquarters. They would be stored in a vault with multiple levels of security including biometric.... and the most secret would not be at headquarters.

You recun.............coffee1.gif ..............smile.png

I seem to recall M16's going walk-about.................coffee1.gif

There are lots of M16 surplus available in the region.... I don't consider an M16 to be classified top secret material.

I know one teacher in Koh Samui that had problems with a local criminal, the police just handed her a gun and told her to shoot him next time...

Edited by cacruden

There are lots of M16 surplus available in the region.... I don't consider an M16 to be classified top secret material.

I know one teacher in Koh Samui that had problems with a local criminal, the police just handed her a gun and told her to shoot him next time...

Perhaps you miss my point..............smile.png