Want To Find A Thai Boyfriend

Mandych

Mandy,

Aren't we desperate here? Sorry no leng jai here if got also might be aqua :D

Explorer :D

Yeah, I'm only Canadian, so I guess I'm not in the running :D:o

Aren't we desperate here? Sorry no leng jai here if got also might be aqua :D

Why is she desperate? I said something similar to my friend a couple of years ago about wanting her to find an Asian boyfriend for me, but I found one myself at work anyway. You have to get out there but get out and be in the right spots. So if you know where Chinese Thais hang out... by all means give her some help :o

• Like 1

Hello Mandy,

What's the magic in it? What makes it so special about being half Chinese half Thai? I am really quite baffled?

By the way, I am from HK too. I'm half Scottish half Chinese. Do you like this combination? :o

And I'm quite "leng jai" too. :D

Not that I'm saying it's wrong, but I don't understand it when people say they want to find a boy/girlfriend of a specific race, or even more general as is often the case in Thailand a 'farang' boy/girlfriend. Surely if you are looking for a genuine relationship, then it shouldn't really matter where they come from. I know in some cases strong religious beliefs, etc may play a part in developing a long term relationship, but in general terms I don't think race/culture should matter, especially in western (or relatively westernised) socieites.

It's not that difficult to understand actually. For example, I like german sheperds but my wife like smaller ones as pets. What baffles me is the fact that she is looking for a hybrid. No one does that in HK. :o

I traced the ip address & it's originating from the US & is registered to a man called allen. Possible the op's dad but then why would she need a thai chinese bf from Bangkok if she is in the US?

I traced the ip address & it's originating from the US & is registered to a man called allen. Possible the op's dad but then why would she need a thai chinese bf from Bangkok if she is in the US?

And according to "her" other posts, "she" works in Hong Kong and travels to Bkk once a month.

In "her" first post she mentions she is a "farang" girl.

In her 2nd post "I feel insecure and lovely when I go back to my homeland. Actually, I see him once a month."

In her 3rd post, she mentions planning on immigrating to Thailand, but wanting to make more money in her homeland first.

In her 4th post she notes: "I am a HK Chinese girl"

So, according to her posts over the last 17 months, she is a HK Chinese girl, working in her homeland (China), and travelling to Bkk once a month.

Meanwhile, her IP address is traced to the US, registered to "Allen" ?

Is it possible that she is using her fathers computer in HK, and he is using a service provider based in the US ? (I know quite a few Chinese-Canadians that have "Western" names like Jason, Jim, Ellick). Doesn't seem likely though.

And according to "her" other posts, "she" works in Hong Kong and travels to Bkk once a month.

In "her" first post she mentions she is a "farang" girl.

In her 2nd post "I feel insecure and lovely when I go back to my homeland. Actually, I see him once a month."

In her 3rd post, she mentions planning on immigrating to Thailand, but wanting to make more money in her homeland first.

In her 4th post she notes: "I am a HK Chinese girl"

So, according to her posts over the last 17 months, she is a HK Chinese girl, working in her homeland (China), and travelling to Bkk once a month.

Meanwhile, her IP address is traced to the US, registered to "Allen" ?

Is it possible that she is using her fathers computer in HK, and he is using a service provider based in the US ? (I know quite a few Chinese-Canadians that have "Western" names like Jason, Jim, Ellick). Doesn't seem likely though.

Kerry, I can't judge what he or she is or where from, but yes, most Chinese in HK/Singapore and other large Chinese communities in the world...as well as mainland China, use English (second) names, mainly because they like it but also because the Chinese (first) names are difficult to pronounce (for Westerners). Amongst each other though they use their normal Chinese names.

So it's quite common practice to have an English name.

That doesn't mean that in this case it's likely a troll :o

LaoPo

Not that I'm saying it's wrong, but I don't understand it when people say they want to find a boy/girlfriend of a specific race, or even more general as is often the case in Thailand a 'farang' boy/girlfriend. Surely if you are looking for a genuine relationship, then it shouldn't really matter where they come from. I know in some cases strong religious beliefs, etc may play a part in developing a long term relationship, but in general terms I don't think race/culture should matter, especially in western (or relatively westernised) socieites.

You don't understand because you don't understand what it's like with a Caucasian guy in Sydney. I have my reasons for wanting an Australian Asian boyfriend - they get on better with their families, and they value friendships and relationships more highly. They know how to save money as well as have a good time. They don't play stupid games like Caucasian guys do.

This is a very broad brush you paint Asian men with skylar. I have seen plenty of Thai men (and American Asian men) who are just as selfish and self centered as any western guy. And I have seen plenty of western men who value their family, friends and partners just as highly as any Asian guy might. I think it is perfectly possible to find a western man who values his family and friends and relationships just as much or as little as an Asian man.

I didn't go looking for a specific look when interested in a man rather his ethics, personality and character were more important to me than his genetic makeup. I was, of course, initially attracted to my husband by his looks but that certainly wasn't what hooked me. What made me fall in love was what makes him a unique individual: his personality and morals.

It's really quite simple to understand that all humans, whether they'll admit it or not, biologically have bias in selecting their mates which also ties in with social-pychology as far as defining desired traits.

If you really want to get the scientific back ground, do some research about 'Sexual Selection' which I believe was the for-runner to Darwin's Natural Selection studies/experiements.

I have a secret, I was a big Pokemon fan in highschool before it was mass-marketed and exploded on the Toddler / Telletubby scene.

The concept behind pokemon was facinating in that it is based on breeding / and ultimately genetics.

So it shouldn't be of surprise/disbelief that a Thai American living in Thailand would have preference to either a Thai asian girl or another Thai American as opposed to a Scandanavian Olga or Nigerian Zazooka...or whetever that means :D Put that same Thai American in a Nigerian village isolated for 10 years and sexual selection dictates that he will adapt to the society's desired norms/traits and take home Zafreeky.

For a little crash course introduction to sexual selection slyvafern, ask yourself why some breeds of people naturally have larger breasts and buttocks? Why do some have long eyelashes, and others have uni-brows, chest hair, widdows peak, etc. etc.

It's a natural process conforming to the society's desired norms/traits...In multi-cultural societies, the desired norms/traits are relevant to what appeals to you (sub-conciously most of the time)

...and then there are those who fall in love on the internet... :o

Hello Mandy,

What's the magic in it? What makes it so special about being half Chinese half Thai? I am really quite baffled?

By the way, I am from HK too. I'm half Scottish half Chinese. Do you like this combination? :D

And I'm quite "leng jai" too. :D

Im a scottish Korean, but people think i look abit chinese and i love Thailand, does that count??

On a serious note isnt there heaps of Thai-chinese dudes in thailand??

Bejeesus ... Them Jocks get around ! :o

Naka.

Hello All,

Thanks to have an interest on me.

I am a HK Chinese girl. The reason I like half Chinese and half Thai because I like Bangkok and want to stay easily here under marriage. The other reason is I want the man that he has Chinese blood with Chinese value and culture that can be easily communicate.

If you guys have any friends like this, pls. feel free to contact me here. I am serious.

Loving a fully HK Chinese man is boring to me too. I want to have mixed blood baby. :o

Mandy

It wouldn't strike me as at all odd that an ethnic Chinese person who likes and wants to settle in Thailand would be interested in a Thai-Chinese mate...they'd want Thai as an entry into the culture and means of settling here, they'd want that Thai to be ethnic Chinese because of shared background, culture etc...plus more likely family acceptance.

HOWEVER, based on Boo's detective work plus the last sentence of mandy's last post, seems this is indeed a troll post.

HOWEVER, based on Boo's detective work plus the last sentence of mandy's last post, seems this is indeed a troll post.

Calling a Thai-Chinese offspring a mixed blood baby is like calling an English-Wales child a special hybrid :o

Edited by greenwanderer108

!!! TROLL !!!

Her first post on December 7, 2004:

""Do anybody have a thai boyfriend and how you get along with them? Are you happy with your relationship and any problem encounter?

I am a farang girl and not live in Thailand."" :D

04-01-2006 she suddenly changed into:

""Hello All,

I am a HK Chinese girl that have a Thai mixed Chinese boyfriend for 2 years............"" :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

It's really quite simple to understand that all humans, whether they'll admit it or not, biologically have bias in selecting their mates which also ties in with social-pychology as far as defining desired traits.

If you really want to get the scientific back ground, do some research about 'Sexual Selection' which I believe was the for-runner to Darwin's Natural Selection studies/experiements.

It's a natural process conforming to the society's desired norms/traits...In multi-cultural societies, the desired norms/traits are relevant to what appeals to you (sub-conciously most of the time)

I'm sure there are plenty of scientific reasons why people are attracted to a certain type (looks, skin colour, personality, etc) and I would say that you are right that a lot of people do have a natural bias towards a certain type of man/women but to go out looking for a partner that absolutely has to be of a specific race ruling out all other potential partners is what I find hard to understand. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with it if that's what you want - it's your life after all, I just think it's a little narrow minded assuming that all men/women from a certain cultural background will have the same qualities and values, etc and that people from other cultures won't have them.

This is a very broad brush you paint Asian men with skylar. I have seen plenty of Thai men (and American Asian men) who are just as selfish and self centered as any western guy. And I have seen plenty of western men who value their family, friends and partners just as highly as any Asian guy might. I think it is perfectly possible to find a western man who values his family and friends and relationships just as much or as little as an Asian man.

I didn't go looking for a specific look when interested in a man rather his ethics, personality and character were more important to me than his genetic makeup. I was, of course, initially attracted to my husband by his looks but that certainly wasn't what hooked me. What made me fall in love was what makes him a unique individual: his personality and morals.

They are generalisations. They are precisely so because that's what bands them together as a group. of course not everyone falls into a category, but most do. And more specifically they pertain to Asian Australians, not Asian Asians or American Asians. Asian Australians, from what I've seen (yes! there are exceptions, but I am focusing on the average), experienced, and heard are generally more reliable in everyday life.

They are more well balanced because their families support them emotionally and materially when needed, whereas caucasian Australian families distance themselves away from allowing their children to live at home, sharing household funds or pitching in when help is needed. Everyone is expected to be independent and to not rely on anyone emotionally or otherwise. This is the way of my family, and of every family of every other caucasian Australian guy I've gone out with. It's annoying. My last serious partner said that if I married him and had a baby, I would be expected to return to work immediately. This is how caucasian Australian men in Sydney think. Everyone has to pull their weight at all times, and woe betide you if you lose your job or are going through tough times. It's a little difficult to explain the white Australian mentality to non-Australians.

I didn't go after a look or a unique personality or whatever- I was just so fed up with what Sydney caucs offer and saw that a few friends are having successful inter relationships, so there must be qualities there that people in Western culture see in those who do not belong, or only partially belong to that culture. My partner is sharing and caring and a very emotionally balanced and tolerant person and those things are rare in a caucasian Australian male, at least in Sydney. He's been brought up in this culture, so I can relate to him pretty well, but at the same time he does certain things the Viet way.

Accuse me of being shallow, but this is the best relationship I've ever had. I am being criticised for not looking at the individual or looking beneath a skin colour when in my perspective it is nothing to do with either of these things. I don't see a skin colour and we are only individuals to a certain extent as it is.

Say no more.

!!! TROLL !!!

Her first post on December 7, 2004:

""Do anybody have a thai boyfriend and how you get along with them? Are you happy with your relationship and any problem encounter?

I am a farang girl and not live in Thailand."" :D

04-01-2006 she suddenly changed into:

""Hello All,

I am a HK Chinese girl that have a Thai mixed Chinese boyfriend for 2 years............"" :o

LaoPo