Abhisit may lead protesters if Suthep arrested

Lite Beer

Interesting to note that a prominent monk has announced that he would be prepared to lead the anti government movement if Suthep was arrested and new leadership was needed.

Now we see the religious sector becoming involved in matters, puts yet another angle on the strength of this movement.

Well I have a prominent fart ready to do what it has to do. Please name this new leader if you can?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good good.

Let Abhisit be the next leader. Then arrest him too and let him share the same cell as Suthep biggrin.png

Now that the protesters and their leaders turned into criminals, taking the country hostage, he has nothing much left than to hope God himself will help him get out of the mess they created.

The true colors of the Dems' beautiful face are revealed... They just want chaos.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I forgot just how peaceful the red shirts were in 2010. They never took the country to hostage they were not criminals, Just peaceful demonstrators who got blamed for setting Bangkok on fire! whistling.gif

As opposed to shutting down an international airport? I have no dog in this fight but kettle.... meet pot.

Irrelevant who leads. The Government will win this race. They will call an election and guess who will win again. I am not stating this is a good thing but looking at the cooments about Sutthep, he seems just as bad as those he is trying to oust.

So who is better? I know the ones in are useless corrupt and hopeless but is the other side really better? What a bloody joke this country - politically is..

You are not really making a lot of sense. What makes you think Suthep will be the candidate for the PM job. He is not campaigning for the job. He is trying to get rid of a corrupt government that is showing no signs of changing their corrupt ways.

"So who is better?" Abhist

next question and try to make them hard.

• Like 1

Do any of you people actually live in Thailand?

I have only been here for a short time, 19 years, and it saddens me, even with portals like TV how ill informed you are.

Do you read Thai and speak it fluently? If so give me the source of all of your visionary insights to Thai politics please. What does your wife think? lol

No Abhisit. The Millions are at HOME or at WORK and they want peace, not this bulls_hit / free circus / show business which made by these dumb and dumber mobs.

Are you trying to tell us that because they are at home or work they want the corruption to continue and are calling the people who out of their own pocket are trying to put an end to it a circus.

You might want to rethink it before you go talking about dumb and dumber. 10_5_137.gif

Good good.

Let Abhisit be the next leader. Then arrest him too and let him share the same cell as Suthep biggrin.png

Now that the protesters and their leaders turned into criminals, taking the country hostage, he has nothing much left than to hope God himself will help him get out of the mess they created.

The true colors of the Dems' beautiful face are revealed... They just want chaos.

I forgot just how peaceful the red shirts were in 2010. They never took the country to hostage they were not criminals, Just peaceful demonstrators who got blamed for setting Bangkok on fire! whistling.gif

As opposed to shutting down an international airport? I have no dog in this fight but kettle.... meet pot.

Did they fire grenades from the airport and burn it down as well ?

• Like 2

Irrelevant who leads. The Government will win this race. They will call an election and guess who will win again. I am not stating this is a good thing but looking at the cooments about Sutthep, he seems just as bad as those he is trying to oust.

So who is better? I know the ones in are useless corrupt and hopeless but is the other side really better? What a bloody joke this country - politically is..

You are not really making a lot of sense. What makes you think Suthep will be the candidate for the PM job. He is not campaigning for the job. He is trying to get rid of a corrupt government that is showing no signs of changing their corrupt ways.

"So who is better?" Abhist

next question and try to make them hard.

Suthep wants to be appointed to the council...unfortunatly for him this will not happens..get rid of democracy is far worse than a bad democracy

No Abhisit. The Millions are at HOME or at WORK and they want peace, not this bulls_hit / free circus / show business which made by these dumb and dumber mobs.

Are you trying to tell us that because they are at home or work they want the corruption to continue and are calling the people who out of their own pocket are trying to put an end to it a circus.

You might want to rethink it before you go talking about dumb and dumber. 10_5_137.gif

No, I think he's telling us that the Thai people are known to be sheep who listen to him who fills their hand and bow their heads to him who wears a uniform, even be it a uniform of postman.

Keep them poor and keep them stupid, and they are yours.

Crapon, crapon crap.

Interesting to note that a prominent monk has announced that he would be prepared to lead the anti government movement if Suthep was arrested and new leadership was needed.

Now we see the religious sector becoming involved in matters, puts yet another angle on the strength of this movement.

I believe that they were the ones who led the last major protest in Burma.

People for some reason think that when they become a monk they lose all their common sense.

Not so they learn to care even more for their fellow man.clap2.gif

• Like 1

Let me get this straight...

Abhisit Vejjajiva is an incumbent House majority leader for the democratic party, and there was a no-confidence vote against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, which I believe he attended. She easily won the vote, as well as winning the position of Prime Minister; both by a very large majority vote.

So that isn't good enough for a sitting House of Representative leader?

So now he has to go outside of his own law (or twist it), and try unlawful methods to get what he could not get legally, using lunatics who also are willing to scoff their own laws in order to get what he wants, as well as condone such cries as to kill her, her family, and all other kinds of sordid threats and accusations?

Lunacy! Simply sheer lunacy!

There is no word in the English language to describe the Thai mind and how it manages to function.

So that isn't good enough for a sitting House of Representative leader?

Your point is that because she maintained her leadership based on her brothers money it should be good enough for Abhist. Lunacy! Simply sheer lunacy

You know about as much of the politics here in Thailand as you do the English language.

Try inscrutable or enigmatic.wai2.gif

I am so pleased to read so many pro govenment and pro democracy posts appearing. Initially it was all posters in support of the rabble rousers but now that futile protests are starting to wane and Yingluck is holding her nerve public opinion is clearly moving across into her camp

Unlike the desperado Abhisit who hitched up his skirt and aparently authorised snipers to fire indiscriminately into 'red shirts' Yingluck,, despite great provocation, has kept her powder dry.

Christmas and 2014 is fast approaching. I canonly hope that the undemocratic Democratic party hibernate over this festive period and let the rest of us Farangs and Thais celebrate together

What name were you using in your last incarnation here. I see there are a lot of people coming on line now who are new. Or using a different name.

Most of them are clueless. Bringing their bar education here to post.

Do any of you people actually live in Thailand?

I have only been here for a short time, 19 years, and it saddens me, even with portals like TV how ill informed you are.

Actually some do and have been here for a long time. Most of them are so afraid they won't even tell what sex they are or how old they are.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

• Like 1

There is no order in this country. Only cry baby politics. When they are not in power, they miss all the perks, So they over throw the government. All the politicians really care about is how much wealth they can obtain for themselves and their families. Plain and simple. They don't care about the people.

Well what you say is true about Thaksins parties.

But it would be nice to see how much truth there is in it if the Democrats ever had that kind of power.

Yes there would still be corruption that is to be expected of any political party in power any where in the world. The trick is to try to minimize it. Thailand as well as most of the countries in the world does not have the education system needed to allow people to see what is going on and make decisions based on the reality.

That is a slam against this and all the previous government's they are all guilty.sad.png

Poor Hello Dolly cannot tell the difference between 'principles' and 'principals' but he is keen to tell us how literate he is

I can only think he is American and finds it difficult to spell 'potato' or is it 'potatoe'?

It's back to your dictionary I'm afraid Dolly until you can differentiate between the meanings of commonplace words

How could we have possibly have lost this colony before we had a chance to educate it properly?

I hope you are not a 'Principal' or is it 'Principle' of a school in Thailand. Wouldn't want students picking up any of your bad habits

Good good.

So where is your dog? Kettle...... meet pot, sounds biased to me! What happened at the Airport is not comparable to the burning of Bangkok is it?

Yingluck don't want people to get killed or injured during her reign, unlike 2010 under Abhisit.

unlike 2010 under Abhisit.

Absolutely, it is every politicians desire to kill a few citizens, When they can! Even if the charges are false!

The fact is the Crab may very well have to call the troops out, It may even be what Suthep wants, If she doesn't want people killed She should resign or dissolve Parliament! Or she will be blamed for deaths when they happen.

Suthep only needs to keep the pressure on, he doesn't need to use violence. Either the country will grind to a halt, She resigns, a coup by the people or military. But this or any other government the has behaved as this one can't stay in power much longer.

• Like 2

Yingluck don't want people to get killed or injured during her reign, unlike 2010 under Abhisit.

Ahem! Yingluck...................during her reign.??? Long live Queen Yingluck?

Yingluck is an appointed Prime Minister and if anything, Thaksin holds the reins and she gallops when he cracks the whip.

Abhisit would be making a very big mistake to lead the protests. Suthep stepping down before calling for the overthrow of the democratically elected system is the only thing that prevents the other side for calling for the dissolution of the Democrat Party.

Good good.

Let Abhisit be the next leader. Then arrest him too and let him share the same cell as Suthep Posted Image

I forgot just how peaceful the red shirts were in 2010. They never took the country to hostage they were not criminals, Just peaceful demonstrators who got blamed for setting Bangkok on fire! Posted Image

So where is your dog? Kettle...... meet pot, sounds biased to me! What happened at the Airport is not comparable to the burning of Bangkok is it? 

[/quote

In the red eyes of the red rabble, a peaceful sit in at an airport certainly far outbids the burning of a city. Of course this thinking is the direct gospel of thaksin the fugitive, would be emperor of Thailand and saviour of all, except those who oppose.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Absolutely, it is every politicians desire to kill a few citizens, When they can! Even if the charges are false!

The fact is the Crab may very well have to call the troops out, It may even be what Suthep wants, If she doesn't want people killed She should resign or dissolve Parliament! Or she will be blamed for deaths when they happen.

Suthep only needs to keep the pressure on, he doesn't need to use violence. Either the country will grind to a halt, She resigns, a coup by the people or military. But this or any other government the has behaved as this one can't stay in power much longer.

Or she calls for an election and wins again.

Now we have the reds flowing in to Bangkok again.... thanks alot Suthep!

• Like 1

Now we have the reds flowing in to Bangkok again.... thanks alot Suthep!

If she thought she would win she would have called an election already!

• Like 1

Elections take time, I have no doubt she would win the election again..... and Suthep has no doubt either.... that is why he is calling for appointment of representatives vs electing representatives.

The current calls to do so seem to me (lay-person) to violate Section 68 (unofficial translation) of the constitution. Abhisit getting directly involved in the protests now that Suthep has laid bare his real ambitions of overthrowing the democratically elected government and replacing it with an appointed body.... would be a major mistake.

Section 68. No person shall exercise the rights and liberties prescribed in the Constitution to overthrow the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of State under this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in this Constitution.

In the case where a person or a political party has committed the act under paragraph one, the person knowing of such act shall have the right to request the Prosecutor General to investigate its facts and submit a motion to the Constitutional Court for ordering cessation of such act without, however, prejudice to the institution of a criminal action against such person.

In the case where the Constitutional Court makes a decision compelling the political party to cease to commit the act under paragraph two, the Constitutional Court may order the dissolution of such political party.

In the case where the Constitutional Court makes the dissolution order under paragraph three, the right to vote of the President and the executive board of directors of the dissolved political party at the time the act under paragraph one has been committed shall be suspended for the period of five years as from the date the Constitutional Court makes such order.

Edited by cacruden

Elections take time, I have no doubt she would win the election again..... and Suthep has no doubt either.... that is why he is calling for appointment of representatives vs electing representatives.

The current calls to do so seem to me (lay-person) to violate Section 68 (unofficial translation) of the constitution. Abhisit getting directly involved in the protests now that Suthep has laid bare his real ambitions of overthrowing the democratically elected government and replacing it with an appointed body.... would be a major mistake.

Section 68. No person shall exercise the rights and liberties prescribed in the Constitution to overthrow the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of State under this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in this Constitution.

In the case where a person or a political party has committed the act under paragraph one, the person knowing of such act shall have the right to request the Prosecutor General to investigate its facts and submit a motion to the Constitutional Court for ordering cessation of such act without, however, prejudice to the institution of a criminal action against such person.

In the case where the Constitutional Court makes a decision compelling the political party to cease to commit the act under paragraph two, the Constitutional Court may order the dissolution of such political party.

In the case where the Constitutional Court makes the dissolution order under paragraph three, the right to vote of the President and the executive board of directors of the dissolved political party at the time the act under paragraph one has been committed shall be suspended for the period of five years as from the date the Constitutional Court makes such order.

now that Suthep has laid bare his real ambitions of overthrowing the democratically elected government

don't you mean bought and paid for? even so this government haven't behaved in a democratic way have they?

now that Suthep has laid bare his real ambitions of overthrowing the democratically elected government

don't you mean bought and paid for? even so this government haven't behaved in a democratic way have they?

Individual candidates may have paid for votes - but it is not limited to one party - and there is not enough money in the slush fund of any party and supporters to swing an election that much. No matter how much you wish it, the party that you support does not have enough support throughout the country to get itself elected. This is why Suthep wants to appoint the representatives, and this was why when the constitution was being drawn up there was a fair amount support for appointing representatives (they just relialized at that point they would not have been able to get away with it)..... it is not because of vote buying..... Money behind the Democrats would dwarf that of red supported parties.

1. Yingluck has no reason to call for election since she won the no-confidence vote easily. Even if she calls for election, she will still win and might further aggravate protesters.

2. Yingluck now on the defensive to portray herself as victim, thereby creating the general impression that whatever inconveniences now is due to suthep.

• Like 2