Abhisit may lead protesters if Suthep arrested

Lite Beer

BANGKOK: -- Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva may become a leader of the the anti-government protest if Suthep Thaugsuban is arrested, Abhisit said Friday.

Abhisit was asked if he was ready to lead protest if Suthep was arrested, Abhisit replied that anything could happen.

"I think there will be hundreds or millions of people willing to become protest leaders for Suthep. I don't know whether Suthep has his political heir. However, he ahs raised public awareness of doing right things for Thailand and it will not end even if we have no protest leader named Suthep," he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-29

• Like 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DEMONSTRATION
Protest could be led by any one of the hundreds of candidates: Abhisit
Hataikarn Treesuwan
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva might possibly become the leader of the anti-government protest were Suthep Thaugsuban arrested, he said on Friday.

Asked if he was ready to lead protest against the "Thaksin regime" should his former deputy be arrested. Abhisit said that anything could happen. "I think there would be hundreds of people who could become protest leaders. As far as I know, Suthep doesn't have a political heir. However, he has raised public awareness about doing the right thing for Thailand and this wouldn't change even if he were no longer able to lead and we had someone who isn't well known leading the protest," he said.

Abhisit denied that Suthep and Democrat MP Korn Chatikavanij were in conflict over the latter's criticism of the protest leadership. Suthep, he added, was doing a major job for the country while Korn was focusing on the future of Thailand.

The opposition leader also said that he was not worried about a dissolution the Democrat party. A member of the ruling Pheu Thai member coalition earlier filed a petition seeking the dissolution of the party with the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) for violating article 68 of the Constitution by organising the protests to oust the government. He said Democrat MPs would join the "Battle Day" rallies on November 29 to 30, to encourage and protect the people.

He said that Democrat MPs could not resign en masse now because their mission to seek impeachment of 312 MPs and senators, who proposed the unconstitutional charter amendment bill, was not yet complete. They also needed to keep a close eye on the ruling Pheu Thai Party in case it put forward an amendment of Article 68 of the charter

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-29

• Like 1

Irrelevant who leads. The Government will win this race. They will call an election and guess who will win again. I am not stating this is a good thing but looking at the cooments about Sutthep, he seems just as bad as those he is trying to oust.

So who is better? I know the ones in are useless corrupt and hopeless but is the other side really better? What a bloody joke this country - politically is..

I agree that the Democrats have some serious flaws. This amnesty bill and the 2 trillion baht of unaacountable spending money really push the envelope to a whole new level.

Just imagine if Thaksin came back and had access to this money. Do you think for one minutes he wouldn't use it to further his cause and buy absolute power and control?

Thailand cannot allow this to happen, for everyone's sake.

• Like 2

Good good.

Let Abhisit be the next leader. Then arrest him too and let him share the same cell as Suthep biggrin.png

Now that the protesters and their leaders turned into criminals, taking the country hostage, he has nothing much left than to hope God himself will help him get out of the mess they created.

The true colors of the Dems' beautiful face are revealed... They just want chaos.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I forgot just how peaceful the red shirts were in 2010. They never took the country to hostage they were not criminals, Just peaceful demonstrators who got blamed for setting Bangkok on fire! whistling.gif

• Like 1

No Abhisit. The Millions are at HOME or at WORK and they want peace, not this bulls_hit / free circus / show business which made by these dumb and dumber mobs.

I think Abhisit is tired of life. Lot of people can drink his blood. Go ahead and join the street circus, Prius Oxfordius.

• Like 1

Good good.

Let Abhisit be the next leader. Then arrest him too and let him share the same cell as Suthep biggrin.png

Now that the protesters and their leaders turned into criminals, taking the country hostage, he has nothing much left than to hope God himself will help him get out of the mess they created.

The true colors of the Dems' beautiful face are revealed... They just want chaos.

Not a bad idea gerry, we can only hope that if that happened, Abhisit and Suthep would be able to eat their meals at the same table as Thaksin although I think he'd be allowed a cell of his own.

• Like 1

Abhisit was asked if he was ready to lead protest if Suthep was arrested, Abhisit replied that anything could happen.

I heard Santa Claus has also not denied the possibility of leading the protestors if Suthep gets arrested.

Good good.

Let Abhisit be the next leader. Then arrest him too and let him share the same cell as Suthep Posted Image

Not a bad idea gerry, we can only hope that if that happened, Abhisit and Suthep would be able to eat their meals at the same table as Thaksin although I think he'd be allowed a cell of his own.

Of course. You cannot compare Abhisit and Suthep with Thaksin. It is not the same

League. At all. :)

Winning every single election brings privileges :)

But let's refrain from speculating. Thaksin will most probably look at Suthep's cell from outside :)

Sent from my iPhone...

Good good.

I forgot just how peaceful the red shirts were in 2010. They never took the country to hostage they were not criminals, Just peaceful demonstrators who got blamed for setting Bangkok on fire! whistling.gif

Yes,.. my thoughts exactly. It has been the rebel rousing, chaos reveling and unruly Dems causing all the trouble from the beginning. Thank heavens the peaceful democratic red shirts stood up to them in 2010. Shame on Abhisit for using force to disperse their peaceful and democratic rally!

I say that all this chaos and mayhem should stop immediately and that the PTP supported by the red shirts should get back to work running the country in the truly democratic and ethical manner as they have from the start!

• Like 2

Irrelevant who leads. The Government will win this race. They will call an election and guess who will win again. I am not stating this is a good thing but looking at the cooments about Sutthep, he seems just as bad as those he is trying to oust.

So who is better? I know the ones in are useless corrupt and hopeless but is the other side really better? What a bloody joke this country - politically is..

How many family members and or in-laws does Sutthep share the political stage with? How about Abhisit?

You can hardly compare Sutthep's momentarily lapse of reason from the past to the current Thaskin regime and the blatant push for absolute power and corruption at almost every level where money is involved.

I would not bank on this Government winning a new election. The supporters of PTP hardly make up the majority of the Thai population. I think maybe if there were an election held more supporters of the Dems.

would make a showing. Hands down if you take out the buying votes and populist promises PTP would go down in flames.

I was living here before Thaskin entered politics, when Thailand was relatively peaceful.

• Like 2

I am so pleased to read so many pro govenment and pro democracy posts appearing. Initially it was all posters in support of the rabble rousers but now that futile protests are starting to wane and Yingluck is holding her nerve public opinion is clearly moving across into her camp

Unlike the desperado Abhisit who hitched up his skirt and aparently authorised snipers to fire indiscriminately into 'red shirts' Yingluck,, despite great provocation, has kept her powder dry.

Christmas and 2014 is fast approaching. I canonly hope that the undemocratic Democratic party hibernate over this festive period and let the rest of us Farangs and Thais celebrate together

Yingluck,, despite great provocation, has kept her powder dry.

She wouldn't want to be accused of the same crime as Abhisit, besides it would require another shopping trip, I don't think her wardrobe includes prison wear! wai2.gif

There is no order in this country. Only cry baby politics. When they are not in power, they miss all the perks, So they over throw the government. All the politicians really care about is how much wealth they can obtain for themselves and their families. Plain and simple. They don't care about the people.

"BANGKOK: -- Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva may become a leader of the the anti-government protest if Suthep Thaugsuban is arrested, Abhisit said Friday.

"I think there will be hundreds or millions of people willing to become protest leaders for Suthep. I don't know whether Suthep has his political heir. However, he ahs raised public awareness of doing right things for Thailand and it will not end even if we have no protest leader named Suthep," he said."

I dont think that Abhisit actually said that he WOULD lead the protesters. He gave a typical politician's answer!

Edited by Varangkul