Panel formed to probe packed Thai rice corruption

webfact

Panel formed to probe packed rice corruption

yanyong-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A fact-finding committee has been set up by the Commerce Ministry to look into suspected massive corruption in the packed rice scheme, Deputy Commerce Minister Yanyong Puangrach said Friday.

The committee, headed by director-general of Internal Trade Department, is made up of representatives from the Attorney-General’s Office, Department of Special Investigation, the National Police Office and Crime Suppression Division.

Mr Yanyong said that the committee would probe into the entire procedure of packed rice scheme which included the opening of application to join the scheme by the private sector, refining of the rice to be packaged, signing of contracts, delivery and distribution of packed rice.

He also called upon the opposition Democrats, senators and educational institutes which are interested in the packed rice scheme to come forward to offer evidences to the probe committee.

The committee is due to hold its first meeting on December 3 and the first report of the investigation is expected within two months.

During the censure debate in the parliament this week, the Democrats alleged that corruption in the packed rice scheme had costed the state about five billion baht in loss.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/panel-formed-probe-packed-rice-corruption/

-- Thai PBS 2013-11-29

Wow.... the director-general of the Internal Trade Department will investigate allegations of commercial fraud. A touch of "physician, heal thyself"...

Everyone who believes this will deliver the truth, take one pace forward.

<pause>

Ms Yingluck. Where do you think you are going, dearie?

Edited by Rob8891
  • Like 2

So the PM (assuming she really is in charge of the government) will have instructed the Commerce Ministry to investigate the National Rice Policy Committee of which the chairperson is noneother than the PM herself.

I wonder what the findings will be........whistling.gif

OMG - I'm lost for words, I honestly don't know what to say, is there such a thing as an independent inquiry in Thailand - I think I remember something about two and a half years ago then PTP trashed it and set up their own

you gota give credit were credit is due - in this case ..........not

I already know the conclusion of the panel:

"We found out that nothing has been done wrong, everything has been done according to our procedures - after months of investigation we also found out that NO corruption was involved"

And we;re taking "measures" to assure that it never occurs "again."

So the PM (assuming she really is in charge of the government) will have instructed the Commerce Ministry to investigate the National Rice Policy Committee of which the chairperson is noneother than the PM herself.

I wonder what the findings will be........19x18xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKn

Ah now come on give the lady a break.

She already told you all she knows nothing about it as she has never been to any of the meetings she is supposed to chair.

However there is no doubt that the Commerce Ministry will investigate itself without bias and return a lengthy report to the minister after requiring several months extension to complete its investigations.

By which time a cabinet reshuffle will have taken place and the new minister will know nothing about it.