Cbr650f or cbr1000r or ducati hypermotard/strada?

ll2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30lbs? Cool- it will be possible to see the explosion from space.;)

Gosh you really dont know how these things are engineered do you me and my mates are way beyond this caveman engine stuff we are trying to build reactors(dynamic plasmas in a vacuum)and cough-cough fly to the moon and back in secs but thats way over your head seen your still caught up on this stuff seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Bored? I thought the school holidays had finished?

One day there was a guy practicing parachuting when it failed to open. He was hurtling to earth when he spots a man flying up towards him.

He yelled out to the man, hey do you know anything about parachutes?!!

The guy says no! Do you know anything about turbo chargers?!!

^ Do you know that you don't actually need a parachute to go skydiving?

You only need a parachute to go skydiving , twice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thinking about all this forced induction. I am not sure Carlo Abarth would have liked it. To paraphrase. "Anyone can make horse power with forced induction but it takes an artist to get horsepower out of a normally aspirated engine.

Edited by VocalNeal

^ Do you know that you don't actually need a parachute to go skydiving?

You only need a parachute to go skydiving , twice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thinking about all this forced induction. I am not sure Carlo Abarth would have liked it. To paraphrase. "Anyone can make horse power with forced induction but it takes an artist to get horsepower out of a normally aspirated engine.

No it doesnt stupid,there both easy to do the forced version is just alot easier and less expensive and most importantly imposses less strain on the engine only dombos keep beleiving that and get left behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

^ Do you know that you don't actually need a parachute to go skydiving? You only need a parachute to go skydiving , twice. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Just thinking about all this forced induction. I am not sure Carlo Abarth would have liked it. To paraphrase. "Anyone can make horse power with forced induction but it takes an artist to get horsepower out of a normally aspirated engine.
No it doesnt stupid,there both easy to do the forced version is just alot easier and less expensive and most importantly imposses less strain on the engine per hp gained,only dumbos keep beleiving that and get left behind.Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand Edited by stedyedy

• 2 months later...

2 hondas doesnt really make sense especially similar model cbr500 - cbr650. If you have 2 bikes they should be diffrent; purpuse wise or engine wise. So if you get the honda you should sell your current one. If not keep the cbr500 for the city and get an additional fun bike which would be the cbr1000 or Hyperstrada.

I agree in general having two sport bikes doesn't make much sense to those not independently wealthy. Ideally in my mind a perfect combination to someone with unlimited funds would be Multistrada and a CBR600RR, but if not independently wealthy, then a Versys and a CBR650F would do nicely.

But the CBR500R and the CBR650F I consider to be miles apart in terms of similarity. Your talking about 48 vs 86 HP. The 500 is a heavy trainer.

keep your cbr500 and buy a larger condo. You don't want to come home to a shoebox everyday.

hear hear.

32 square meters?

i built the house of my dreams in one of the most beautiful places i have ever seen for the cost of a mid-high end benz. the suzuki caribbean looks great parked out front.

i would always sort out where i live before i thought about wheels.

18 years in thailand and i have seen too many multi-million baht cars in the parking lot of shoddy cheap tiny condos

keep your cbr500 and buy a larger condo. You don't want to come home to a shoebox everyday.

hear hear.

32 square meters?

i built the house of my dreams in one of the most beautiful places i have ever seen for the cost of a mid-high end benz. the suzuki caribbean looks great parked out front.

i would always sort out where i live before i thought about wheels.

18 years in thailand and i have seen too many multi-million baht cars in the parking lot of shoddy cheap tiny condos

As i remember correctly the condo will be bought as an investment , he has another house to live in. But you are right about the fact that for many Thais face comes first so they will always try to buy the most expensive car/bike they can (with the help of the bank of course).

2 hondas doesnt really make sense especially similar model cbr500 - cbr650. If you have 2 bikes they should be diffrent; purpuse wise or engine wise. So if you get the honda you should sell your current one. If not keep the cbr500 for the city and get an additional fun bike which would be the cbr1000 or Hyperstrada.

I agree in general having two sport bikes doesn't make much sense to those not independently wealthy. Ideally in my mind a perfect combination to someone with unlimited funds would be Multistrada and a CBR600RR, but if not independently wealthy, then a Versys and a CBR650F would do nicely.

But the CBR500R and the CBR650F I consider to be miles apart in terms of similarity. Your talking about 48 vs 86 HP. The 500 is a heavy trainer.

a cbr650f is just fine for an allrounder in thailand. sometime less is more.