Protesters in air-conditioned comfort at Thai Govt Complex

webfact

DEMONSTRATIONS
Protesters in air-conditioned comfort at Govt Complex

Budsarakham Sinlapalavan
The Nation

Protesters at the Government Complex in Nonthaburi appear to be the most comfortable of them all.

BANGKOK: -- As the sun rose yesterday, their third day of protest, all structures were systematically set up, with the main stage out front and clear zones for drinking water and food.

The path leading from the main road to the complex was lined with shops selling souvenirs and snacks. However, unlike other rally venues, the organisers were not able to set up a kitchen, so they have been distributing ready-to-eat meals.

Daranee Vejmongkol, a small-business owner from Surat Thani, confirmed that life at the Government Complex was indeed more comfortable. She joined the Suthep Thaugsuban-led rally at Democracy Monument on Sunday before she joined the march to Finance Ministry and then the Government Complex.

"On my first night at the rally, I had to settle for a wet towel to clean up, but here, at the complex, I can actually take a shower," she said.

Kea, a rubber farmer from Surat Thani, said she initially planned to join the rally only for two days, but she changed her mind when she learned that spikes had been laid on the road from the South to Bangkok in a move to block the protesters.

She said that this action made her and other members of the rally to want to keep fighting until they win.

Besides, she added, the complex was great as they were indoors, in air-conditioned comfort and did not have to worry about rain or sunshine. Sompong Chatpimai, a farmer from Kamphaeng Phet, agreed saying he no longer had to worry about having to sleep on the road.

Other than basic comforts, the Government Complex also has a little shopping mall in the basement, along with a food centre, beauty shops and restaurants. A hair salon owner said business was booming, while staff at Chester's Grill also said they had been selling well.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-30

From three that were interviewed two came from Surat Thani. I wonder how much Suthep has to pay to move the crowd to Bangkok.

If I were the government I would shut down water and electricity in the Complex.

There was a yellow thug too (a farmer).

We should appreciate the wise restraint of the reds who gently stay inside the stadium.

Let's hope that there is no confrontation. Nobody wants the Dems' supporters' hair to be messed up :rolleyes:

A confrontation would also spoil their weekend. All that free food and free goodies... :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

From three that were interviewed two came from Surat Thani. I wonder how much Suthep has to pay to move the crowd to Bangkok.

If I were the government I would shut down water and electricity in the Complex.

If you were the government you would not be that smart.

Is that why you back them so you can feel superior?

I just remember there are people in there for honest business that they would be in there any other day of the year for. I suppose you don't care about them either just as long as you get your way. You make a nice fit with Thaksin

Edited by hellodolly

To get rid of them is quite easy: turn off air con. Turn off water and food supply and they will leave by themselves.

1) You would have to be able to do that (You wouldn't be able to stop the food without using force that the government has promised not to do)

2) It would still be far more comfortable than it was on the street where there was no air con. no running water etc.

If you were the government you would not be that smart.

Is that why you back them so you can feel superior?

probably more like napolian inferior,just likes to be heard,,you know a sensional post to get the attention hes after ,that he dont get at home..best tell him though no-ones getting paid..aaaah does he want a cuddle..im in ubon if we wants one..w00t.gif

• Like 1

nice to have shower and granite floors to lay on, but the last night was cold in bkk. With all that aircon blowing they will get pneumonia

they'll just have to huddle up

No this is not a bunch of red shirt air heads they know how to turn off an air conditioner

We should appreciate the wise restraint of the reds who gently stay inside the stadium.

Let's hope that there is no confrontation. Nobody wants the Dems' supporters' hair to be messed up rolleyes.gif

A confrontation would also spoil their weekend. All that free food and free goodies... rolleyes.gif

For a member of the THAILAND ELITE you are punching rather low.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He may be a member of the elite but he has the mind of a red shirt. Probably graduated from one of their schools on democracy with a gun.

Let's hope that there is no confrontation. Nobody wants the Dems' supporters' hair to be messed up rolleyes.gif

A confrontation would also spoil their weekend. All that free food and free goodies... rolleyes.gif

Let's be straight here - the two confrontations so fat have been when reds faced off with protesters at provincial offices....NOTHING has been instigated by anti-government protesters - out of all those hundreds of thousands of people. Compare that to your red thugs in 2010. All these bus loads of red thugs on their way to BKK - if they cause any problems this government is GONE. Are they smart enough to know that? Only time will tell.

• Like 1

jealous are we compared with red thing rabble a peaceful disciplined protest with no violence. What a difference to red thug lot in 2010. if they are paid which i doubt unlike red proven on tube payments and thats whats needed to rid Thailand of one mad megalomaniac so be it

lets see how your master deals with this and good thing is I doubt even he would dare try to vote amnesty bill through if his party are around that is in what is it 160 days or so when they can simply vote on it and its law but who knows if they do after this its almost certainly total civil war

Just think if people of thailand or enough of them had not come out and shown their disgust at Taksin and all his lot then by now the amnesty bill would be through and taksin booked his flight back to start of the Taksin reich

• Like 2

Let's hope that there is no confrontation. Nobody wants the Dems' supporters' hair to be messed up rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

A confrontation would also spoil their weekend. All that free food and free goodies... rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

Oscar Wilde was right !.....................................Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

And very lame when used the wrong way.

For all I care, they can stay there until hell freezes over. Just don't destroy the place, like you did last time!

(yeah yeah I know...way better than burning down Bangkok blah blah blah)

Would you prefer they did burn down Bangkok, Doc ? Give you a bit more ammo to fire at the "Dems/yellow shirts/elites/hi-sos" in your amazing posts ?

Let's hope that there is no confrontation. Nobody wants the Dems' supporters' hair to be messed up rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

A confrontation would also spoil their weekend. All that free food and free goodies... rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

Oscar Wilde was right !.....................................Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

I think that there should be a new rule on this forum.

In order to respect the feelings of fellow Thaivisa members, sarcasm should only be directed at the reds, PT and Thaksin, as it is already mostly the case... :)

It's funny how other people's opinion create so many reactions.

Do you want me to rant a bit about the reds? Just to make your nerves feel better?

At this time I feel like the Dems/yellow protesters are quite laughable with their silly little whistles, but I can try to make an effort.

However, I still consider the Dems/yellow protesters as criminals who take the country hostage... If you don't mind :)

• Like 1

However, I still consider the Dems/yellow protesters as criminals who take the country hostage... If you don't mind smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Wow ! If not for the fact that you are an ardent redshirts/PTP/Thaksin fan, I cannot imagine what you would have thought of the redshirts activities in 2010. whistling.gif

In order to respect the feelings of fellow Thaivisa members, sarcasm should only be directed at the reds, PT and Thaksin, as it is already mostly the case... smile.png

Do you want me to rant a bit about the reds? Just to make your nerves feel better?

At this time I feel like the Dems/yellow protesters are quite laughable with their silly little whistles, but I can try to make an effort.

However, I still consider the Dems/yellow protesters as criminals who take the country hostage... If you don't mind smile.png

The expat anti-government ghetto that is TV News forum is a cold and lonely place for those who can hold two or more concepts in their brain simultaneously. Don't give up bro. You are performing a service. Without you, they'd have one less thing to get angry and then feel superior about.

Let's hope that there is no confrontation. Nobody wants the Dems' supporters' hair to be messed up Posted Image

A confrontation would also spoil their weekend. All that free food and free goodies... Posted Image

In order to respect the feelings of fellow Thaivisa members, sarcasm should only be directed at the reds, PT and Thaksin, as it is already mostly the case... Posted Image

However, I still consider the Dems/yellow protesters as criminals who take the country hostage... If you don't mind Posted Image

The expat anti-government ghetto that is TV News forum is a cold and lonely place for those who can hold two or more concepts in their brain simultaneously. Don't give up bro. You are performing a service. Without you, they'd have one less thing to get angry and then feel superior about.

You kind words are a great encouragement. ;)

Thank you very much.

I will thus stay faithful to my own views when posting on this forum.

Why should I be influenced by what Oscar Wild (and the expat anti-government ghetto) said anyway?

:rolleyes:

For all I care, they can stay there until hell freezes over. Just don't destroy the place, like you did last time!

(yeah yeah I know...way better than burning down Bangkok blah blah blah)

Would you prefer they did burn down Bangkok, Doc ? Give you a bit more ammo to fire at the "Dems/yellow shirts/elites/hi-sos" in your amazing posts ?

I don't know why I give you the honor of an answer, but...NO, I would not prefer that!

Just show me a post of mine where I "fire" against the "Dems/yellow shirts/elites/hi-sos" in my (and you are right about that) "amazing posts!

I couldn't care less who governs the country but as the oped in the Ft said yesterday, I the yellow shirts want to occupy government buildings, they should do so by winning an election.

In the meantime, peaceful protests are fine, but illegal entry just makes them thugs. And so what if they bring down the government, who do they think will win the next election? Can't help thinking they don't have a real strategy, just rabble rousing and hoping something turns up.

• Like 2

I don't know why I give you the honor of an answer, but...NO, I would not prefer that!

Just show me a post of mine where I "fire" against the "Dems/yellow shirts/elites/hi-sos" in my (and you are right about that) "amazing posts!

I don't know if I would regard your answer as an honor, and you were joking about showing you a post where you had "fired" against the opposition, right ? clap2.gif

I don't know if I would regard your answer as an honor, and you were joking about showing you a post where you had "fired" against the opposition, right ? clap2.gif

Nope, not at all! Show me, where I am "fireing" against them.

PM me or make it public, I don't care.

Waiting!

Dear Peter, our esteemed member can indeed "hold two or more concepts in [his] brain simultaneously". They are made from plastic, cost him a whopping 1 resp. 2 Mio THB and will go down the drain if this Government is flushed out.