Expat to run 999 kms in Thailand to raise fund to help street dogs

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst sterilisation is undoubtedly part of an humane solution to Thailand's street dog problem, it doesn't get to the root of the problem: Thai people's propensity for acquiring a cute puppy, not bothering to train it, and then abandoning it in the street or at the nearest temple when it loses its cuteness or snarls at someone. Until Thai attitudes to pets change, this is a problem that will remain with us.

• Like 2

Amazing (maybe not) that many Thaivisa posters behave in a worse way than the soi dogs they are decrying. The guy is trying to do something positive, for heaven's sake, as opposed to snarling and baying at the keyboard like some people have done.

If everyone donated a few baht... (or to quantify it for some, let's say the cost of one Chang lek)... posters would help clear up the mess that we all dislike. Simple and positive outcome (with a side-effect of being good for one's liver, too!)

Am off to follow my own advice now. That's one less Leo lek for me..... tongue.png

How many beer did you donate? :Dhttps://fundrazr.com/campaigns/1dUr4/ab/e28Hvd?

Can't think of a better use for a soi dog than food for someone. Wouldn't want to eat 1 myself, but am happy to eat rabbit in the UK, which is another general pain species. Perspective tells westerners its not cool to eat dog and the same applies to Thais and rabbits. However if this guy wants to run 999 kms to save then, everyone has the right to do as they feel, good luck.

My wife said she was given dog meat when she was young but didn't like it. She gave it to their dogs and they wouldn't touch it either.

I think it should be mentioned that it's not so much the eating of dogs that's the problem but their treatment.

http://www.soidog.org/en/dogmeat/

I am not sure what you mean that link, off course SOI DOG do not like people eat dogs. And yes the treatment is awful and that they steal the dogs from people and that they then kill them in a bad way. Besides that millions of money is spent each year now to save these dogs so these dot catchers is creating a BIG problem for others while making money.

Can't think of a better use for a soi dog than food for someone. Wouldn't want to eat 1 myself, but am happy to eat rabbit in the UK, which is another general pain species. Perspective tells westerners its not cool to eat dog and the same applies to Thais and rabbits. However if this guy wants to run 999 kms to save then, everyone has the right to do as they feel, good luck.

My wife said she was given dog meat when she was young but didn't like it. She gave it to their dogs and they wouldn't touch it either.

I think it should be mentioned that it's not so much the eating of dogs that's the problem but their treatment.

http://www.soidog.org/en/dogmeat/