Some bad news: Tops Daily in Jomtien is gone!

richsilver

Well that puts the Foodland by the Royal Hill rumour to bed.

Seems the response is more tentative to me...neither confirming or denying it; so still 50/50 I would say.

They would have stated that they are building in Jomtien and specifically the location near the Royal Hill. Their future plans could very well call for a new Jomtien store, let's hope so. If the construction by the Court house is what we are talking about, it looks far too small to be a food market of any consequence.

This is good news, not bad. Tops Daily was poor, but I have to agree with the OP that Family Mart and 7-11 are worse. Shop once per week at the nearest Supermarket (this includes Foodmart)  and ensure you have what you want...........no more problem.

That's not logical. Agree Tops mini better than FM so this is bad news by definition.

Sent from my GT-S5360B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Foodland has some things that you cannot get at any other supermarket in Pattaya. Goat milk for one. It has "deli items" that

Tops will never offer and a convenient bakery with tuna croissants and pies. For the money, they are not bad. And of course the

Chok lae Dee diner is cheap and convenient and would offer an alternative to Kiss in Jomtien. So I hope they come here but when I asked a supervisor at Foodland if this was happening, he replied

that he hadn't heard about it yet. Proof of nothing really, as he might not be in the know. But not encouraging either.

• Like 1

The TOPs Daily here on Nern Plub Waan has been transformed into a Family Mart seemingly overnight. Only one parking-lot vertical TOPs sign is left. Not a big disappointment as shops like Mini Big C and Tesco Express are not that great an improvement over 7-11/Family Mart.

When I moved back to Pattaya, I definitely wanted to be within an easy trip to Foodland on Klang. Today, for example, of three items I wanted, all three were cheaper at Foodland than at Big C.

Why cant they just build a Big C in this area and all our problems will be solved.

Seriously? The last thing we need is another Big C - Foodland is what we need.

Or a full sized Friendship.

Yes, anything but a Big C.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It really is strange that there is only one supermarket here despite the enormous growth in the area. Not to mention the fact that chains such as Starbucks or McDonalds seem afraid of the place.

Maybe they are afraid of the Russians and no money to be earned.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It really is strange that there is only one supermarket here despite the enormous growth in the area. Not to mention the fact that chains such as Starbucks or McDonalds seem afraid of the place.

Maybe they are afraid of the Russians and no money to be earned.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I see Russians at Burger King in Central all the time.

Well the mystery is over. They are not building a supermarket in Jomtien. It's going to be a La Baquette French bakery and Coffee shop, same as the one in Naklua. I can't see the business model around that. It must be costing at least 50 million baht to build the place. They are advertising for 30+ staff. How much profit is there in passing trade for baguettes and coffees?

• Like 1