Good Optician

somchai jones

Hi folks

Can anyone recommend a good opticians in Bangkok?

I want to get some new glasses. Looking for reasonable prices/quick turn around time.

Thanks.

There are eyeglasses shops all over Bangkok and Pattaya. You can hardly miss passing by a shop.

Top Charoen is one of the chain stores that I can recall. They can work off your written prescription or read your present pair of glasses to get the prescription. Allow enough time for you to check out the pair you buy so that they can make any corrections for you.

For some reason these shops have lots and lots of pretty girls working in them.

Since your original message date you must have noticed lots of places by now.

• 5 months later...

For the last 30 years I have used Better Vision (www.btv.com), for my convenience their branch on Silom Road, and have always been happy with their service and the quality of their products.

Earlier this year, my wife had her progressive lenses made at their branch in Charoennakorn Rd., in Thonburi, and was pleased with their service and the lenses.

--------------

Maestro

:o I've used Top Chareon four times. Each time the specs have been brilliant. There is no old fashioned look at the letters test. Just stick your face on a machine, it reads your prescription and then go into a room for final tweaking. Bins ready in just over an hour and a fraction of the UK price. :D

Cheers for the replies... i got my last pair in a shop in MBK, i forget the name. Good service but not too many frames i liked at that time.

Better Vision website is a ".co.th not a ".com" - i'll shop around and check out all your suggestions.

Thanks again!

There is no old fashioned look at the letters test. Just stick your face on a machine, it reads your prescription and then go into a room for final tweaking.
This simplified testing would not do for me. My sight defect is more complicated than this.

Sticking my head into three different machines was also part of my annual check-up last week (tunnel vision, ocular pressure, retina examination), but this was not part of the prescription for lenses.

---------------

Maestro