Why do some ( ? many ) expats start a new family with Thai wives?

thaibeachlovers

Never been ,married or have any kids, but i would presume to "secure" the marriage.

Or may be they just do not use the condomsxlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.W9oTakjBs5.webp alt=laugh.png width=20 height=20>

^this is the dumbest post so far...... lucky you have not had kids.

But then....no succession planning for the 3 room hovel either.

Is this the dumbest post of the year?

Why is it the dumbest post?

OP is spot on, in many cases, she already has a few kids being raised by her mother, so why have more?

Thats coming from a person who managed to loose 6 000 000? and now can not afford even 1 roomcheesy.gif ??

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP is spot on, in many cases, she already has a few kids being raised by her mother, so why have more?

Easy to understand why you've never married or had children !

Do expand, can not wait to hear YOUR professional opinionrolleyes.gif

I always chuckle when I see the guys 70+ years old pushing their newborns around.

I always chuckle when people prejudge others without knowing the facts..

That 70+ year old could be pushing his grand child..

A 70+ year old holding the hand of a 20 something Thai girl could be his daughter...maybe he aint the dirty old man after all that some idiots suspect him to be...rolleyes.gif

Ohh look a flying pig

cheesy.gif

Disagree with you Lemoncake. Often, regardless of ethnicity, women have a strong desire to have children from their present partner/husband, which also helps to secure a marriage. Suggest you study a bit about human nature, how it evolved and desire to populate the World, which is not only restricted to human beings by the way. Where have you both been hiding all your life?wai.gif

So in your studies of human nature, does it also show women to have strong maternal desire to dump her kids from previous partners?

• Like 1

Thats coming from a person who managed to loose 6 000 000? and now can not afford even 1 roomcheesy.gif ??

At least I had 6mil to lose... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yep, you said it, you had and you lost it, it is indeedcheesy.gif

Yes, but its not the end of the world is it....not like if you lost the 3 room international ?

I mean where would the 11 gerbils live ? The Maid place ?

Yes, but its not the end of the world is it....not like if you lost the 3 room international ?

Of course its not, once you manage to make some money, you can rent one my 3 rooms, but for now enjoy the barn

Edited by lemoncake

Of course its not, once you manage to make some money, you can rent one my 3 rooms, but for now enjoy the barn

Can't really at the moment, cannot afford heating.

How much is a room by the way...figurin around 300b a night....noice n upmarket

• Like 1

I like to rehearse breeding myself. I'm sure in a couple of years the knocks on the door will start to come in many Asian languages I don't speak.

You can rehearse it and you could also rubber up, they can stop unwanted pregnancies and can stop those nastys STD's..w00t.gif .

I'm a pretty crude fella, but man most of these posts outdo me. In the western world not having kids at an older age comes down to money and of course most guys 55+ probably wont be attracting women young enough to want more kids.

Here in Thailand if the guys have enough money to support the new family, then what business is it of anyone. The man, woman and child have a happy life. It's a win, win for everyone.

Yes, it would be a win-win for all, IF the woman actually had other choices. Because if she had, then it would be like in the western world and she would never had been with some much older man...

So it is really not a win-win... It is just about money!

We all have choices including Thai ladies. Do you honestly think a lady in the west who married young, had a baby, the husband splits leaving her with nothing would not rethink what it is that she wants from life.

When you say its about money. In one way or the other its the same the world over - Lack of it is a major contributing factor to couples breaking up.

• Like 1

I observed falang and his Thai wife yesterday at Swampy seated next to us at airside restaurant. Two Thai daughters about 8 to 10 years old and little luk khrueng at about eighteen months old.

Youngish wife and husband late forties / early fifties.

I like to watch people and they were all happy as Larry in their lives and baby very excitable and enjoyed the close attention of her parents' and Thai kids very well-mannered. Good stuff.

• Like 1

Is this one of them old man and young Thai women lame topics or a race thing (which I sometimes find humorous on TV,) or just a general question about why do people having kids?

I consider myself and my girlfriend who is Thai more of the new generation of western/Thai relationships. Both young professionals (actually she is smarter and richer than me) and yes one day we will have kids, no different to if I was with a girl in the UK. Most of my friends in BKK are the same ilk.

The boring old expat and sex tourist type people are dying out, the landscape is changing (especially how pension are changing), Thailand is becoming more multicultural and the young Thai's are smarter, sharper, richer and more world-ware. Young professionals from over seas are arriving in Thailand, Bangkok for work and to explore life.

I for one look forward to this change which is around the corner / here already. (Step aside old bar flies and crusty boring bar girls). It would result in strange questions like this being of no meaning. Nationality of the woman and man and their location is of no value / consequence or not in regards to the way the OP is aiming (another us/them, young/old rich/poor race rant by a dying bread of oldmen in Thailand. Don't get me wrong I tip my hat to these old crooners, who have went out having fun)

Would I have kids with my Thai girlfriend in Thailand? Yes maybe - same answer if I was in the UK and with an English women...strange question.

Edited by tingtongtingtong

I'm a pretty crude fella, but man most of these posts outdo me. In the western world not having kids at an older age comes down to money and of course most guys 55+ probably wont be attracting women young enough to want more kids.

Here in Thailand if the guys have enough money to support the new family, then what business is it of anyone. The man, woman and child have a happy life. It's a win, win for everyone.

Except for the kid in the long term. Money can't buy time with a kid and that's what kids need...a mum and a relatively healthy dad who can do things with them. Not a Dad who goes belly up when the kid is 9 or 10. Better to not have kids at this age. Fair chance you already have grandkids...enjoy them and teach them as a grandparent.....regardless of all the bullsh!t this is the way it is and has always been.

My first two children in the UK, I never saw and I really didn't know, I left for work before they got up and got home after they were in bed, needed to pay the mortgage.

The next two children, I was divorced before they were 8, never saw them again.

Final two (maybe), I'm around all the time, we go to market on the m/c, in the evening we watch tv together.

As for Thailand

My step-daughter (15) has never met her dad, he was the same age as her mother, entirely normal from what I can see.

Edited by FiftyTwo

W.T.F. ?????? coffee1.gifviolin.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

How many more times will we find posts of similar content here? Get a life people and ask mama to tell you the answer...

But, you were so intrigued by the question that you just HAD to come on and make a totally pointless contribution.

Obviously a man with nothing better to do than search TV for threads to comment on whistling.gif .

Comming from a guy with over 4,500 comments to a guy with less than 600 whistling.gif

At least I try and contribute to the discussion. He contributed nothing but fatuous comments.

Is this one of them old man and young Thai women lame topics or a race thing (which I sometimes find humorous on TV,) or just a general question about why do people having kids?

I consider myself and my girlfriend who is Thai more of the new generation of western/Thai relationships. Both young professionals (actually she is smarter and richer than me) and yes one day we will have kids, no different to if I was with a girl in the UK. Most of my friends in BKK are the same ilk.

The boring old expat and sex tourist type people are dying out, the landscape is changing (especially how pension are changing), Thailand is becoming more multicultural and the young Thai's are smarter, sharper, richer and more world-ware. Young professionals from over seas are arriving in Thailand, Bangkok for work and to explore life.

I for one look forward to this change which is around the corner / here already. (Step aside old bar flies and crusty boring bar girls). It would result in strange questions like this being of no meaning. Nationality of the woman and man and their location is of no value / consequence or not in regards to the way the OP is aiming (another us/them, young/old rich/poor race rant by a dying bread of oldmen in Thailand. Don't get me wrong I tip my hat to these old crooners, who have went out having fun)

Would I have kids with my Thai girlfriend in Thailand? Yes maybe - same answer if I was in the UK and with an English women...strange question.

The thread is about old farang men with children starting a new family with Thai wife, not the changing demographics of expats.

The thread is about old farang men with children starting a new family with Thai wife, not the changing demographics of expats.

Well I'm not old so can't comment but I wanted to add my two cents and linked it to the changing demographics of expats and how this question will become / is kinda moot among a large number of farangs. Also does he mention age in his post? I forget.

Edited by tingtongtingtong

You are correct. I meant that, but I assumed everyone knew what I was talking about, those old men with money from the sale of their house ( after the divorce ) back in the UK or wherever living the high life in Thailand. They are invariably the ones pushing prams ( notice that Thai families almost NEVER use prams? ) with children young enough to be their grandchildren.

Well, I find it more amazing that these men truly believe, that their 35 year younger partners really loves them. I will start believing in love for those couples, the day I see a 60 year old Farang with a 95 year old Thai-woman.

But regarding having children, I guess it has something to do with "fear of death" and "forever young" syndrome. For sure a 60 year old guy hanging out with a 20 year old girl and wanting kids with her, has some "problems".

Personally I thank the deity every day I wake up with someone attractive that doesn't look like my granny did before she died, but I'd never want to have children with her.

As for whether she loves me, only she knows the real truth, but I'm just happy that she stays with me for whatever reason.

Well, as long as your partner is happy with waking up every morning, with someone that could be her father, then thats good...

The reason so many ( millions ) of western men come to Thailand is because the girls WILL wake up with a man that could be their father.

My wife says she's happy to be with me, and it's not because of all the money I spend on her ( I know that because I don't spend a lot of money on her - just ask her sister who is pissed off that she married a poor farang ), so whatever the reason, I'm happy, and she appears to be happy. Why would I doubt her?

One quoted reply removed to allow posting.

• Like 1

Well, as long as your partner is happy with waking up every morning, with someone that could be her father, then thats good...

Who worries if their Thai partner is happy?

They are being paid to do a job.

I never enjoyed my work much either.

I did it to get me the lifestyle I wanted.

Same, same

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

to have your new born baby in your arms is a beautiful feeling no matter how old you are,

jake

Been there and done that twice. Once in the UK and once in Thailand.

Brought tears to my eyes both times.

The first is now 35 and the second is 9 somewhere behind me playing games on my phone.

I am proud of both of them and love them both equally.

• Like 1

Who worries if their Thai partner is happy?

They are being paid to do a job.

I never enjoyed my work much either.

I did it to get me the lifestyle I wanted.

Same, same

I worry if my Thai wife is happy in the same way that I would worry if my (Insert any nationality) wife is happy.

She is not being paid to do a job as a wife and mother, she just is one.

On the other hand I did enjoy my work, it was interesting rewarding and took me to 38 countries around the world and it also got me the life style I wanted.