SCB wants 3000-5000 for commercial online banking

My wife's company has a business account with scb. I am not sure if they have different types of accounts as in the west so this may be the problem. Wednesday she went to the bank and asked for a atm and online banking. The bank said no atm and she would need to pay 3000-5000 baht to get setup online. She asked which is 3 or 5 and they couldn't tell her. A business account is about worthless without these features.

Anybody have experience with this?

Yes, all banks want 3000-5000 to have internet banking for business account.yet personal accounts it is free.

Thai bank way of thinking is, because its a business, why not charge for it.blink.png

Not only that, they charge for a new passbook if you lost one, but give it free if its full. How does that make any sense?!

Edited by lemoncake

Yes, all banks want 3000-5000 to have internet banking for business account.yet personal accounts it is free.

Thai bank way of thinking is, because its a business, why not charge for it.blink.png

Not only that, they charge for a new passbook if you lost one, but give it free if its full. How does that make any sense?!

I opened a Kasikorn business account last year (Thai Co., Ltd) and there was absolutely no fee at all for the establishement of internet banking. Once the account was open and paperwork submitted and checked by the assistant manager at the branch, it was sent to head office and 6 weeks later email received and then passwords received by Thailand post.

Same I believe with Bangkok Bank from talking with collegues that have opened business banking accounts with internet banking facilities at about the same time as me.

Of course this may have changed within the past year. May pay to check different banks?

Edited by Just Curious

I opened a Kasikorn business account last year (Thai Co., Ltd) and there was absolutely no fee at all for the establishement of internet banking. Once the account was open and paperwork submitted and checked by the assistant manager at the branch, it was sent to head office and 6 weeks later email received and then passwords received by Thailand post.

Same I believe with Bangkok Bank from talking with collegues that have opened business banking accounts with internet banking facilities at about the same time as me.

Of course this may have changed within the past year. May pay to check different banks?

I have a business account with TMB, Kasikorn and Krungsi and all 3 wanted 5000 to have internet banking

As another poster mentioned, may be opening one with internet banking is different matter or may be you get free internet banking but pay higher fees

I will just pay as it is a act of congress to open these commercial accounts. Did anyone get a atm with their account or is that not a option?

lol, you right, business accounts in Thailand is like an act of congress

No ATM card for me, only few page passbooks, which again is a nonsense as business accounts have many transctions, so one would think passbook be little thicker than a few pages :)

To Open a business account you also need 10000 pages of documents provided. minutes of meetings. board approval, dna sample, your fathers dna sample and your grandfathers dna sample. at the end they give you no atm "which understandable since its business account" cheque book. and every month they mail you transactions "which explains why the bank book is only few pages"

To Open a business account you also need 10000 pages of documents provided. minutes of meetings. board approval, dna sample, your fathers dna sample and your grandfathers dna sample. at the end they give you no atm "which understandable since its business account" cheque book. and every month they mail you transactions "which explains why the bank book is only few pages"

Never had a statement mailed in over 3 years