Nelson Mandela - Dies at 95

David48

I too thought that Obama, Cameron, and the Danish PM taking a 'selfie' was out of keeping with the occasion, came across as a bit childish to be honest. Bill Clinton up and about, hugging, shaking hands etc, while everyone else was sitting down, a good schmoozing exercise for him! I wonder what fee Tony Blair charged for his presence!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a list of some of those who attended.

Couple of Spice Girls tagged along ... facepalm.gif

Most notable exception ... the Dalai Lama !

Re the Dalai, a spokesmen noting that it is "logistically impossible at this time".

He visited Mandela in 1996, but since then has had two visa applications to South Africa declined.

Sad really.

Did Thailand send a representative?

Mate ... good point and I honestly don't know.

Yingluck obviously was deeply engaged in her Political Strom.

One of the inner Royal Family? ... but I've read no reports of anyone representing Thailand.

Anyone know ... ?

I can understand the likes of Yingluk not attending as more pressing issues. Thai have probably never heard of the great man anyway. I had to explain to my wife who he was.

The selfie is nothing, 5 seconds of so called news.

The hand shake between Obama and Raoul Castro might be something actually.

The politics around Cuba has changed. It is now at least a possibility that the USA and Cuba can restore more normal relations.

• Like 1

"There are too many leaders who claim solidarity with Madiba's struggle, but do not tolerate dissent from their own people". Did Mr Obama manage to keep a straight face when he came out with this gem?

Don't be silly. Not tolerating dissent means stuff like throw political dissenters in jail and/or killing them. Of course President Obama tolerates dissent.

Here is a list of some of those who attended.

Couple of Spice Girls tagged along ... facepalm.gif

Most notable exception ... the Dalai Lama !

Re the Dalai, a spokesmen noting that it is "logistically impossible at this time".

He visited Mandela in 1996, but since then has had two visa applications to South Africa declined.

Sad really.

Obedience to Chinese money screams louder than respect - just ask any of the Sino-Thai elite who run the show in LOS. Given the media circus it became he was probably better off quietly reflecting on Mandela's life and achievements elsewhere.

I see on the news that the African guy standing beside Obama when he gave his speech was using his hands to speak to the deaf.

The only problem was that he could not use his hands to convey any massages and that it was all gibberish.

When asked later he said he knows nothing about using his hands to speak to people and he only did it because the Angels told him to do so. It was also later revealed that he has attempted murder and assault charges to face. When the Government was asked how he got clearance to stand beside all the presidents and Prime Ministers of the world as a security official they did not know. When his files were asked for, they mysteriously were missing from the Government records section.

Some one will get their arse kicked for this in Africa and more so in the US starting with the Secret Service, the CIA etc. With all the spying they all can do, its really a laugh that a mad man who has Angels talking to him can get under the radar.

One quick stab with a knife and any one of them was dead, even worse as he was a security guard and was probably armed, I wonder how many he could have really killed as they were all there together. What a <deleted> up.

If you can find the link of Obama's speech watch the guy on the right, he is a fruit loop.crazy.gif

• Like 1

Sometimes, the best intentions go awry ...

Morgan Freeman mistaken for Mandela in India billboard gaffe

mandela_freeman_billboard.jpg

Credit

New Delhi - An Indian owner of a billboard dedicated to Nelson Mandela was red-faced on Thursday

after the discovery that a photo of actor Morgan Freeman was used instead of one of the anti-apartheid hero.

Cloth merchant Chandrashekhar, who paid for the board in a private capacity as a mark of respect to

the former South African leader, said it was a mistake by the designer.

... facepalm.gif