Meditation and discussion group.

infinity11

I would love to join a discussion group so we can discuss all the interesting things that we read on TV. eg. Should I take my kid to a red light district.I cut my finger. I saw a man with a bloody nose. A taxi drive hit me, etc etc.We could discuss wether it is the weather or old age that promps such interesting banter.

First off meditation is a benifit in many ways and to find such a group...well... I belong to FairTex sports club and they have a Yoga schedule that is good... I kept fit and enjoy meditation...I seem to be the only one to float on water as I use the pool to streach out and float..this is my meditation...just to be able to float and relax...looking at sky and birds that fly by..peace I leave with you...Ron

• Like 1

I would love to join a discussion group so we can discuss all the interesting things that we read on TV. eg. Should I take my kid to a red light district.I cut my finger. I saw a man with a bloody nose. A taxi drive hit me, etc etc.We could discuss wether it is the weather or old age that promps such interesting banter.

and I can't sit on the new promenade, I can't walk on the promenade, etc.

One we haven't seen in a very long time is "They always fix my eggs too runny." It's due another go-round.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

any and all at this point

it does not matter

what matters is awareness and the desire to practice

Consider working with one of the expat clubs. PCEC for one has focus and interest groups and you could start a group if one doesn't already exist.

• Like 1

The more people promote anything like, self awareness or meditation, there is always some goof ball that loves to

remain in the ignorance of an alcoholic fog.

On a stool, in a bar, drinking until, like my buddy here in Sydney, he falls off

backwards and has to have dental operations etc to bring him back to par. For the bar.

The odd thing is this same guy wants to teach Buddhist meditation in Ubud, Bali and is coming to Pattya.

Anyone for drunken meditation?

Its like drunken kung <deleted>, but slower.

More internal.

More . . . mindful.

• Like 1

and I can't sit on the new promenade, I can't walk on the promenade, etc.

One we haven't seen in a very long time is "They always fix my eggs too runny." It's due another go-round.

"should I tell my mates thai gf that he is playing around?" OOps, that should be the other way round. Sorry.

The more people promote anything like, self awareness or meditation, there is always some goof ball that loves to

remain in the ignorance of an alcoholic fog.

On a stool, in a bar, drinking until, like my buddy here in Sydney, he falls off

backwards and has to have dental operations etc to bring him back to par. For the bar.

The odd thing is this same guy wants to teach Buddhist meditation in Ubud, Bali and is coming to Pattya.

Anyone for drunken meditation?

Its like drunken kung <deleted>, but slower.

More internal.

More . . . mindful.

Im all for that ,hic, mate, sorry wot wus the Q agen?

• Like 1

First off meditation is a benifit in many ways and to find such a group...well... I belong to FairTex sports club and they have a Yoga schedule that is good... I kept fit and enjoy meditation...I seem to be the only one to float on water as I use the pool to streach out and float..this is my meditation...just to be able to float and relax...looking at sky and birds that fly by..peace I leave with you...Ron

Yoga is definitely the best place to start for meditation. I spent about a decade reading books about Buddhist meditation and struggling on my own... but didn't make any progress until I started practising Yoga. Yoga teaches you breath control, breath control leads to meditation... that's how it works.

Friend of mine studied yoga in India under a famous guru and then went on to enjoy great success teaching his own "naked yoga" variation to female backpackers on the hippie trail.

Yoga is definitely the best place to start for meditation. I spent about a decade reading books about Buddhist meditation and struggling on my own... but didn't make any progress until I started practising Yoga. Yoga teaches you breath control, breath control leads to meditation... that's how it works.

Please, if you dont mind, share some of your insights and the basics of breath control.

Please, if you dont mind, share some of your insights and the basics of breath control.

Iyengar has a book called "Light on Pranayama" - all about breath control - I bought it at Kinokuniya in Siam Paragon four years ago; there is also a wealth of information on this subject on the Internet. However, I really suggest that you start with a Yoga class. Yogic exercises were especially devised to help the practitioner concentrate and gain control over his/her breath, their ultimate goal is to lead the practitioner towards meditation. Even simple asanas (Yoga positions) will help, you don't have to become a Yoga expert or stand on your head all day smile.png (although standing on your head will definitely help you concentrate!)

The problem with "Buddhist meditation" is that it makes us think we can bypass Yoga and physical exercise, this is generally not true, especially for westerners... unless they are exceptionally gifted (not my case!)

Good luck, and don't give up!! EVERYONE can meditate. And it's worth it!!!

• Like 1

Friend of mine studied yoga in India under a famous guru and then went on to enjoy great success teaching his own "naked yoga" variation to female backpackers on the hippie trail.

You must be so proud to have such friends... I dare hope that you studied with him as well wink.png .

I mediate, would welcome such a group and will be in Pattaya at the end of December for an indefinite period...

If you can get the TV members together then mediation will be needed.....along with a referee, 3 minute rounds and a doctor.

I have often watched people who are meditating and thought to myself that it can't be possible, kind of like hypnotism - there's always that skepticism of something we cannot comprehend to be real.

I always think that the best way to squash the intrigue is to indulge yourself in it - be it for a short time or a long time

Therefore if there was an opportunity to experience meditation and see if it really is all that people say it is - I would like to try.

My only stipulation is that there is no religion involved, I can't cope with that.

And yes, I'm in Patters.