Extention of stay (thai wife) what documents

Hi,

If someone could help me with the a download of the main document to fill in (application) and a summary of the other documents needed.

I know

- Bank letter

- pictures of house and me and wife in it on sofa and on front of it (same yearly pics)

- Passport copies

- Marriage certificate

Not sure what else but I want to have it all in order normally my wife does it but this time I want to do it for a change as she is a bit busy.

This post maybe helps: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/642693-getting-ready-for-the-1-year-extension-based-on-marriage/

But as a rough guide

6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady,

the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than
40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than
400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax reciepts.

Marriage Certificate
Marriage Registry entry.
Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.
Your Passport.
Copies of everything.
Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.
A map showing the way to your house.
Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.
Take your Wife to be interviewed.
One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under
consideration stamp. Go back in a month and get the remainder.

Edited by MJCM

1. Two application forms T.M. 7 with two photographs size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht
2. Copy Marriage Certificate
3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office, marriage registry (not older than six months)
4. Child's birth certificate (if any)
5. Copy wife’s house registration
6. Copy wife’s identity card
7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.
8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife
9. Map to residency (names of roads and house marked in Thai)
10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.
11. Copy house book from residence or rental contract.

With money in bank option.
1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.
2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.
3. Letter from bank must show transaction during previous two months.

With Income in Thailand option
1. A copy of work permit
2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt (PND.91)

With Income from abroad.
1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

Please advice, I deposit in September and this is fixed deposit. Small interest come every month from bank and no other movements on this account. This will be more than 2 month deposit, but no any deposits to this account from abroad. Is this ok for extension? Bangkok. Thanks!

Please advice, I deposit in September and this is fixed deposit. Small interest come every month from bank and no other movements on this account. This will be more than 2 month deposit, but no any deposits to this account from abroad. Is this ok for extension? Bangkok. Thanks!

Letters from bank normally only confirm balance on date written. Bank book confirms balance for 2 months. No problem if there are no transactions shown. But they do want an update on bank book on date you apply for extension.

No fund transfers from abroad are required.

• Like 1

Many offices want one recently updated. Unless you are certain that your office does not require it I suggest getting one. They are easy to obtain at any Amphoe for a fee of 20 baht.

Please ensure it is stamped officially (Red Thai circle shape - both front and back). That is what my immigration usually check for that.

Many offices want one recently updated. Unless you are certain that your office does not require it I suggest getting one. They are easy to obtain at any Amphoe for a fee of 20 baht.

I have never had them ask for it in all 5 or more previous extensions, but i rather get it and be sure then to miss out.

Just want it to be fast and painless (it usually is unless you got someone on a bad day)

I am doing it at the Nonthaburi immigration, lucky for me that is a 10 (or less) minute drive on the bike for me.

I have never had them ask for it in all 5 or more previous extensions, but i rather get it and be sure then to miss out.

Just want it to be fast and painless (it usually is unless you got someone on a bad day)

I am doing it at the Nonthaburi immigration, lucky for me that is a 10 (or less) minute drive on the bike for me.

some office's are now asking for divorce papers for wife ( if she has been married before.)

We never had a Kor Ror 2 until immigration asked for one last year (it was the 5th extension). My wife was able to make quick trip to the Amphoe where immigration is located to get one. This year as part of our preparations she went to get a new one and came back with 2 stamped copies for the 20 baht price.

Edit: Last year they asked for a copy my wife's 24 year old divorce certificate. Same this year but I had copies in case they asked again.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the "Bank Letter" for the required documents. What do you ask the bank to provide? My wife called the Bangkok Bank branch where I have my account and they seem to be confused. They also stated it takes 2 to 3 days to obtain this letter. This seems different from what other people have encountered. I also tried at a Bangkok Bank branch near my work and they told me to go to my particular branch.

So what do you usually ask for at the bank for this document?

How long does it normally take to obtain?

I am confused.

It is a letter confirming your balance on date written.

Believe me even with a copy of last year they can still be confused about what you want to have. Some people at the branches are not the brightest around so getting it the first time might be hard at times.

some office's are now asking for divorce papers for wife ( if she has been married before.)

Lovely. I've been wondering what they'll ask this time, there's always something "missing". I reckon I'll have to take a copy of her former husbands death certificate with us then blink.png

Last time it was our son's birth certificate, if you've got kids, copy those.

Went to extend my spousal visa this morning. The first thing I was told was to get my bank letter updated today. They like to see it on the same day as you submit the extension documents. For Bangkok Bank, it is easy. You go down one level to BB and ask for the immigration letter. You should either withdraw or deposit some Baht into your account. The bank teller stated deposit is better (not sure why). It takes about 10 minutes to get the letter and a copy of the bank book updated page. The cost was 100 Baht.

You need to submit the original of the bank letter (you can copy it for your own record if you want) along with the copy of the bank book page(s).

This was my main concern as this was the first time I extended using the bank book option and the first time I did it myself (without lawyers). Work always paid for the lawyers in the past but now my work place is making me pay so I decided to do it myself.