To tip or not to tip

quiuvo

Do you lot tip at Pizza Company?

I do occasionally but never in their box, always directly to the waitress.

What about McDonalds and KFC? Don't think I've ever tipped there.

Never tip at a food place serving meals for under 100 baht. I feel that I'm doing them a service by eating there, they should tip me.

Do you lot tip at Pizza Company?

I do occasionally but never in their box, always directly to the waitress.

What about McDonalds and KFC? Don't think I've ever tipped there.

Never tip at a food place serving meals for under 100 baht. I feel that I'm doing them a service by eating there, they should tip me.

Fast food places do not provide any service and hence do not require any tipping.

They just take your order and hand over the food.

It is not the same as being seated in the restaurant, waited on, served, and cleaned up after

I want the crowd to come out. I want them to tell me how much they tip, if any. I'm serious. I feel that my Thai friends not tipping is not correct. The people servicing them work hard, some more than others of course, and need the tips to tip the scale of low wages! In any country.

Why don't you just look over some of the 800+ threads on this topic.

Why even bother having this forum.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You have a point when all the information he needs is already available and so could avoid cluttering up the forum with useless threads.

Don't you ever have similar conversations more than once? If this forum was used just as a reference site, it would not be the lively and entertaining place that it is. Of course subjects are going to come up more than once, but there will always be fresh opinions and new information. Don't knock it.

When my wife first came here to Greece, she was shocked at the amount of money I'd tip at restaurants! "Leave 20c", she'd say, "That's enough!"

She's kind of got used to the European system now, but when we're in Thailand, it's 20 Baht max at a normal Thai restaurant. I don't think the waiters expect anything, so if they get 20 Baht, it's a bonus.