Just got vehicle wrapped

Backwoods

Your truck is pretty cool.

How is it cool ? I'm not having a go, I just want to understand the mentality. For example, why the huge 4x4 graphics on the sides ?? I probably thought that was cool when I was 5 years old...

totster smile.png

Its a 'Deliverance' kind of cool...you need to be one to understand it.

This thread is a classic example of short mans syndrome on so many levels....

• Like 2

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just can't help it some of You, the Guys happy to show us something different for a change and gets insulted. No doubt by the same folks who denigrate Rolex wearers when a Casio tells the time. Then buy one when they come into Money. Not My Choice , but good for Him i say.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

You just can't help it some of You, the Guys happy to show us something different for a change and gets insulted. No doubt by the same folks who denigrate Rolex wearers when a Casio tells the time. Then buy one when they come into Money. Not My Choice , but good for Him i say.thumbsup.gif

Hey.. it's all good, if he is happy then fantastic ! :)

Here's another point with that particular 'wrap' - Why bother camouflaging the vehicle trims when the rest of the car body is bright white ?? It's not going to snow here.. what's the point ??

totster :)

Perhaps not insulted, perhaps just opinions. Think the guy wanted a WOW, which from some (me) he didn't get. I hope the insurance aspect/input might be of help to him to avoid a future problem. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I reckon the thing looks awesome and I'd love to lift mine that high as well but unfortunately it is just not practical for me.

I like the gun rack idea....but my idea of the perfect gun wouldn't fit in the rack....and would be better mounted in the pick-up bed with the remote controller in the cab. Would be handy here in LOS!

attachicon.gifCropperCapture24.jpg

Not remote controlled but have done a .50 cal Browning M2HB into a Ranger tub tongue.png

342_zps44d06e93.jpg

That looks different to the .50 cal Browning's mounted on APC's of the Australian Army.....4 score and 3 years ago! Have they upgraded the big axe?

I like the gun rack idea....but my idea of the perfect gun wouldn't fit in the rack....and would be better mounted in the pick-up bed with the remote controller in the cab. Would be handy here in LOS!

Not remote controlled but have done a .50 cal Browning M2HB into a Ranger tub tongue.png

That looks different to the .50 cal Browning's mounted on APC's of the Australian Army.....4 score and 3 years ago! Have they upgraded the big axe?

Prolly the same gun..... TIT after all.

I bought my first car in Thailand earlier this year, about 4 or 5 months ago.

When we took it to the Rego office, they refused to transfer the ownership till the colour was changed.

I don't have a good photo of it ... but you can see what they complained about.

attachicon.gif20131007_115405 LR.jpg

They said it was now 2 tone ... and that the description had to be changed.

Now ... this is not me sitting in front of the Transfer office lady ... but the gf's Thai old man.

Those strips are that stick-on imitation Kevlar stuff ... could be pulled off in 10 minutes ... but the Lady wasn't having any of it ... no way ... the colour was 2 tone.

Should have used an agent, no more problems, lesson learned..Well worth the extra few dollars..

Your truck is pretty cool. I bet you have a lot off fun in it.

But Transams question is a valid one.

What would happen in an accident with the Insurance company when they see these mods?

Especially if it was an accident like running over someone or someone running under it.. Thailand has strict laws about under trailer stops to prevent vehicles and motocys running underneath them I'd have to say this is a high as ANY tandem trailers there..

Hey.. it's all good, if he is happy then fantastic ! smile.png

Here's another point with that particular 'wrap' - Why bother camouflaging the vehicle trims when the rest of the car body is bright white ?? It's not going to snow here.. what's the point ??

totster smile.png

Actually that IS the point, it gives it some flash in country kinda way..

342_zps44d06e93.jpg

I like that. Where I can get the gun? I intend to shoot scooters not driving on the left side of the road.

Likin it, thumbsup.gif

Just be careful when backing up as there's going to be a huge blind spot behind the tailgate,

I know, I almost ran over a small bike that was right on my a.., oblivious to the fact that I wouldn't be able to see him if I were to back up.

A remote back-up cam might be a nice option.

• Like 1

I bought my first car in Thailand earlier this year, about 4 or 5 months ago.

When we took it to the Rego office, they refused to transfer the ownership till the colour was changed.

I don't have a good photo of it ... but you can see what they complained about.

attachicon.gif20131007_115405 LR.jpg

They said it was now 2 tone ... and that the description had to be changed.

Now ... this is not me sitting in front of the Transfer office lady ... but the gf's Thai old man.

Those strips are that stick-on imitation Kevlar stuff ... could be pulled off in 10 minutes ... but the Lady wasn't having any of it ... no way ... the colour was 2 tone.

Should have used an agent, no more problems, lesson learned..Well worth the extra few dollars..

I had 3 Thai Adults with me .. no need for either the Agent or the extra cost.

My point was not the hassle, because it wasn't, it was that they decided that it was a 'different 'colour' because it had some removable stripes on it.

But the Guy I bought it from used a private agent ... and I understand his reasons and yours for suggesting to use one.

Plus, the lead guy was the gf's Father, he likes to be Boss, so good Face for him.

Perhaps not insulted, perhaps just opinions. Think the guy wanted a WOW, which from some (me) he didn't get. I hope the insurance aspect/input might be of help to him to avoid a future problem. thumbsup.gif

You made a Valid point T.A. not a inane comment about the O.P. Big difference.thumbsup.gif

Also if it is a new truck...with toyota warranty....then thats likely dodgy also.

Yep, for sure.

For my own curiosity I made inquires regarding insurance regarding the OP's ride.

The vehicle must be taken to the registration office and the modification must be entered into the Blue book.

A copy of the amended page in the Blue book along with photos of the modified ride must be sent to the insurance broker for them to discuss the modifications with the insurance company to perhaps adjust the premium or cancel the policy if the risk factor is not accepted.

Better safe than sorry with insurance here eh. sad.png

My super up on the back was wrapped as the roof and decals on door Quite a bit of the camo has been applies to aftermarket snapons. Part of my toyota warrentee is void but not all of it, steering and breakes for the most parts. As far as insurance, we will be dealing with that beginning next week. Its crazy, but we can see motorcycle in front of us and most cars and trucks, so sour safe if your driving a porch or mazzarotti!

That sort of brings up another interesting question. I know if you change your car's color you have to go register it, I wonder if wrapping requires that too? Might be multiple problems here, height mods plus wrapping?

Sorry but apparently there was no matter how many Thai adults were with you they aren't agents who deal with the agency and agencies people on a daily basis, I gave good advice up to you whether or not you take it next time?

I never said your advice wasn't good ... I just explained the reason why the transfer wasn't done through an 'Agent'.

Out of curiosity, do anyone know any Thai's who use Agents?

There isn't a Farang living with 10 klm from where I stay in Thailand.

Anywhere they have the inspection station that you use to get your inspections done for the tax are agents as well, they can inspect and transfer books etc. which is why they do not encounter the problems you or even your Thai relatives will. I understand the point you made about them not accepting it was only wrapped and she was not having any of the common sense explanation. The inspection agent likely would not have mentioned the stripes and just run through the transfer and then you just get it inspected every time at the same center and no worries, not even when sell it just past on the info to the next owner to where ever they take it to unless you do the transfer at the same agent..

They stations have a blue and yellow sign with an illustration of large gear on the center I can't remember the letters in the middle.

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

Also if it is a new truck...with toyota warranty....then thats likely dodgy also.

Yep, for sure.

For my own curiosity I made inquires regarding insurance regarding the OP's ride.

The vehicle must be taken to the registration office and the modification must be entered into the Blue book.

A copy of the amended page in the Blue book along with photos of the modified ride must be sent to the insurance broker for them to discuss the modifications with the insurance company to perhaps adjust the premium or cancel the policy if the risk factor is not accepted.

Better safe than sorry with insurance here eh. sad.png

My super up on the back was wrapped as the roof and decals on door Quite a bit of the camo has been applies to aftermarket snapons. Part of my toyota warrentee is void but not all of it, steering and breakes for the most parts. As far as insurance, we will be dealing with that beginning next week. Its crazy, but we can see motorcycle in front of us and most cars and trucks, so sour safe if your driving a porch or mazzarotti!

That sort of brings up another interesting question. I know if you change your car's color you have to go register it, I wonder if wrapping requires that too? Might be multiple problems here, height mods plus wrapping?

You usually need those just prior to an accident....cheesy.gif

Sorry but apparently there was no matter how many Thai adults were with you they aren't agents who deal with the agency and agencies people on a daily basis, I gave good advice up to you whether or not you take it next time?

I never said your advice wasn't good ... I just explained the reason why the transfer wasn't done through an 'Agent'.

Out of curiosity, do anyone know any Thai's who use Agents?

There isn't a Farang living with 10 klm from where I stay in Thailand.

Not sure if this is the same thing, but we use our insurance broker to get our vehicle tax and inspections - it's easier and quicker than waiting at the transport office ourselves, and they do it as part of the service.

Little bit different but similar process I guess, I never thought of using the insurance agent and they never offered the service. The inspection station we used (which is usually just a specialized garage BTW) was just up the road from us, is your car older then 5 years?

Little bit different but similar process I guess, I never thought of using the insurance agent and they never offered the service. The inspection station we used (which is usually just a specialized garage BTW) was just up the road from us, is your car older then 5 years?

It will be next year, in any case the vehicles (he does the 2 motorbikes to) are not needed to be present wink.png

• Like 1

How is it cool ? I'm not having a go, I just want to understand the mentality. For example, why the huge 4x4 graphics on the sides ?? I probably thought that was cool when I was 5 years old...

totster smile.png

If someone has to explain it to you then you will never understand.

I like modifying stuff. Take something that everyone has and making it different, and in this case, raising it up, big wheels and making it...cool.

All my cars and bikes are modified and probably not to everyones taste....but thats the point.

If I wanted to be a sheep, I'd have a Vios.

• Like 2

totster smile.png

I like modifying stuff. Take something that everyone has and making it different, and in this case, raising it up, big wheels and making it...cool.

All my cars and bikes are modified and probably not to everyones taste....but thats the point.

Why.?. Cant you wrap a Vios.biggrin.png

• Like 2

totster smile.png

Why.?. Cant you wrap a Vios.biggrin.png

Probably could...but not sure it would look good jacked up...

I think it is good people that are into something in this case 4X4's showing some personality. Thumbs up to the OP, it clearly made his day and is very proud. thumbsup.gif

The insurance issue is really important for him IMO and should not be ignored.

There is another wrap thread on here, where cars exteriors were 100% matt black and the Department of Transport (or whatever their name) did not want to change the color in the Book. The original color was visible in the engine bay and in side some doors. Cant find the thread.

The next thing, now send pics of it in its native home, where it should be, on 4X4 tracks and loving it.thumbsup.gif