AIS Roaming in China

Ragz

I have a post-paid AIS account with roaming enabled but I do not have a roaming package. When I first arrived in China I connected to China Mobile no problem and received a couple of calls. However, after a couple of days I have no carrier connection and the 'No Service' message (using an iPhone 5s). I have tried reseting newtwork settings, manually choosing carrier all to no avail. Anyone have experience with this?

http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/en/3g-postpaid/package-rate/1/Asia/18/China

Not sure, assuming you are with AWN (AIS/2100 MHz), then it seems like you should be able to roam onto China Mobile or China Unicom, assuming coverage and compatible equipment.

Assume you went through the entire registration process? http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/en/3g-postpaid/registration.aspx

Could be some fraud protection issue? Also, they may cap expenses unless you've made arrangements prior to departure.

Maybe ring AIS? + 662 2719000 (from another phone).

post-9615-0-40396400-1386464020_thumb.jp

Thanks for the info lomatopo. I registered, maybe it's some kind of cap because I had to turn on my data a couple of times because of lack of wifi....I may have rang up too many charges. I will try the support number from another phone.

^ It was not unusual for Thais to return to a ~ 60,000 baht bill, unaware that international roaming can be expensive - and many "flew the coop" without paying, so operators instituted a number of controls, checks and balances to reduce churn/default. It may be best to visit with them prior to traveling just to sort out the issues?

Obviously not an issue with pre-paid customers as they pay-as-they-go until they run out of balance.