Tourist suspected of bringing cocaine

Lite Beer

Tourist suspected of bringing cocaine
The Sunday Nation,
Samut Prakan

Suvarnabhumi Airport Custom officials arrested a 52-year-old Romanian tourist allegedly carrying cocaine reportedly worth Bt13 million in street value.

Following a tip-off from the US Drug Enforcement Administration about a Romanian smuggling drugs through the airport, Thai officials arrested the suspect Pop Florin, who was travelling from Dubai to Phuket, at 10.30pm on Friday night with the cocaine allegedly hidden in plastic bags wrapped around 23 ribbon cores.

Florin reportedly confessed to have been hired by a Brazil national to bring the drug from Sao Paolo, Brazil, to an agent in Phuket in exchange for 3,000 euros (Bt120,000). He was initially charged for having drugs in possession to sell.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-08

I thought they were all going to the UK to collect benefits.

I can only conclude from the story, together with your input Mr. Toad, that the government in the UK has run out of money and is handing out cocaine now instead.

With some of the loons in the current uk govt, I wouldn't put it past them.

Local news source (which cannot be named here) states that he was arrested at Phuket Airport not Suvarnabhumi

Are there direct flights from Dubai to Phuket?? sounds like an odd route to be direct..............if not, then he came into Swampy then connected to Phuket...

• Like 1

Not sure about the laws in Dubai but I suspect actually Thailand might just be the softer option in this case..........

I dont think they make you go through customs again if you are just transferring. That would be a pita lol. They're not really stepping into Dubai.

Edited by Sojuncoke

Not sure about the laws in Dubai but I suspect actually Thailand might just be the softer option in this case..........

I dont think they make you go through customs again if you are just transferring. That would be a pita lol. They're not really stepping into Dubai. 

In Dubai you go through security screening even as a transit passenger. You do not go through Customs.

Sent from my Xoom using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

'Suspected', I thought more like caught red handed,

the more they catch the better ,but it will never end

too many stupid people,and too much money involved.

regards Worgeordie

Yea, still some money pending, not sure yet.

I wonder how many of these actually get through?

I suspect this unfortunate person was set up to be caught while others, perhaps with more valuable cargos, slipped by unnoticed. It looks good for the BiB, though.

I thought they were all going to the UK to collect benefits.

I think as he only was going to receive 3000 euro's for 13 mill baht worth of delivered goods (and the risk of 20 years jail time which he will get) he would have made more money going to the UK on benefits!