Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

did anyone actually tip western sydney to do the swans, buggered if I even allowed for them to get close, my other picks are good so far. This is going to be an interesting season I think, would be good if it got mixed up a bit and the regular teams dont go as usual. Have to admit I had a bloody great smile on my face when the pies got rolled, my ex and all her family where all pies suporters, they just dont look the goods this year at all.

I think after the 1st 5 rounds GWS will be 5/0 and could be sitting on top of the ladder but it will be all down hill from there.

That's a big call chooka.

did anyone actually tip western sydney to do the swans, buggered if I even allowed for them to get close, my other picks are good so far. This is going to be an interesting season I think, would be good if it got mixed up a bit and the regular teams dont go as usual. Have to admit I had a bloody great smile on my face when the pies got rolled, my ex and all her family where all pies suporters, they just dont look the goods this year at all.

I think after the 1st 5 rounds GWS will be 5/0 and could be sitting on top of the ladder but it will be all down hill from there.

Definitely possible, their next game is in 2 weeks against the saints who they thumped by 70+ in the NAB, followed by Melbourne, the Dogs and Adelaide. 3 of those teams are bottom 4 with Adelaide middle order.

Definitely possible, their next game is in 2 weeks against the saints who they thumped by 70+ in the NAB, followed by Melbourne, the Dogs and Adelaide. 3 of those teams are bottom 4 with Adelaide middle order.

I still think the Bulldogs will be okay this year.

Certainly would have got great odds for GWS winning their first five. I'd suspect a parlay bet now for $1 would still pay pretty well.

• Like 1

Kiss of death. laugh.png

• Like 1

Just remembered I picked the Suns over the Tiges....keeps me 1 off the arse end in the tipping comp...for now!

I picked them also, stated at the start of the year that GCS will make the finals

Edited by chooka

Seeing as I don't get to watch these shows, I really enjoy reading this.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/recap-what-you-missed-on-last-nights-afl-television-shows-headlined-by-fox-footys-afl360-and-on-the-couch/story-fniv5weh-1226857496638

Some interesting opinions. Wayne Carey predicts Jeremey Cameron to be the best forward of all time.

Matty Lloyd says Buddy's best football is way behind him and reckons it has been since 2008.

• Like 1

Matthew Lloyd. He's been quite the vocalist since he retired. At 28 as a full forward your best footy is behind you? <deleted>? After one game he comes out with that assertion.

Red an interesting article also on the Swans regarding the ruck, which for years has been a thorn in the side. But again, 1 game does not define a season. The Lumberjack is up to the task he did it a number of times when Mummy was suspended last year.

Open Mike would have been good to watch last night as well; Chooka's mate Tricky Ricky Nixon ;)

Matthew Lloyd. He's been quite the vocalist since he retired. At 28 as a full forward your best footy is behind you? <deleted>? After one game he comes out with that assertion.

Red an interesting article also on the Swans regarding the ruck, which for years has been a thorn in the side. But again, 1 game does not define a season. The Lumberjack is up to the task he did it a number of times when Mummy was suspended last year.

Open Mike would have been good to watch last night as well; Chooka's mate Tricky Ricky Nixon wink.png

Swans wont win this year...but next year or the year after they will be the team to beat. They do have a lot of youngish players still coming along or returning from injury.

What did the article say about the ruck GS?

On a side note, why is (W T F) now <deleted>? That's weird... Anyway...

The article's here BM http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-17/swans-troubled-by-big-issue

yeah..they also banned F F S...... >>>> why ban it!

Its true about Mummy being a big loss...I think they would have struggled to keep him regardless of Buddy. 600K he is on at GWS? Still only 27 years old. I always think of him as being 32 or soemthing.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Open Mike would have been good to watch last night as well; Chooka's mate Tricky Ricky Nixon wink.png

Swans wont win this year...but next year or the year after they will be the team to beat. They do have a lot of youngish players still coming along or returning from injury.

Buddy's finished.

Buddy's finished, one game into his brand new, nine-year, $10 million contract. And as for his new club, well it's no good, either. Fancy being beaten by a mob that won only one game - against Melbourne - last year! Goodbye, Swannies.

GWS will make the finals. No doubt about that. And Gold Coast will make the top four. Lock that one in too.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-18/take-a-deep-breath

Buddy's finished.

Buddy's finished, one game into his brand new, nine-year, $10 million contract. And as for his new club, well it's no good, either. Fancy being beaten by a mob that won only one game - against Melbourne - last year! Goodbye, Swannies.

GWS will make the finals. No doubt about that. And Gold Coast will make the top four. Lock that one in too.

The first read of that I thought that was what you were saying chooka tongue.png

• Like 1

I wouldn't sell your boys short BookMan.

Add Tippett, Adam Goodes and Kieren Jack into that side and it makes

a huge difference.

I still think it's a race in 3 with Freo and Hawthorn being the other 2.

IMO, there is a fair gap between the top 3 and the next lot.

Buddy's finished.

The first read of that I thought that was what you were saying chooka tongue.png

Nah not my words, just saw it and thought the Sydney boys might like it.

• Like 1

a huge difference.

Oh not at all Will. They will have a decent year, but I don't think they will be in the GF this year. I might have said similar towards the end of last year (?) . Next year and the year after should be very good years for the Swans.

Do you think Goodes is going to have the same impact when he returns? Body is wearing a bit...

I'm sure it will be clearer after 5 rounds or so... i hope so anyway

Edited by BookMan

a huge difference.

Oh not at all Will. They will have a decent year, but I don't think they will be in the GF this year. I might have said similar towards the end of last year (?) . Next year and the year after should be very good years for the Swans.

Do you think Goodes is going to have the same impact when he returns? Body is wearing a bit...

I'm sure it will be clearer after 5 rounds or so... i hope so anyway

I think Goodes could be an impact player in the forward line along with the odd spell

on the ball or wherever he's needed basically. I reckon the recruitment of Buddy may

even extend his career.

I think Buddy will have to play high half forward and maybe on the wing at times as

the forward line won't want to be too congested. Maybe Reid might have to actually

work for a spot in the team.

Do you see anyone outside those 3 that could do some damage?

I think you could throw a blanket over Carlton, Collingwood, GC, North, Essendon,

Ade, WCE and Port.

Having said that, I think Port could be dangerous as they just don't stop running.

A long way to go yet though.

Looking forward to Bruce and Dennis again this Friday. With the "Duck" on board,

they might have to restrain Bruce this season.

It's only round 1 and I'm already tired of hearing Buddy being called "The 10 Million Dollar Man"facepalm.gif

I can only imagine how Bruce will call him.

on the ball or wherever he's needed basically. I reckon the recruitment of Buddy may

even extend his career.

I think Buddy will have to play high half forward and maybe on the wing at times as

the forward line won't want to be too congested. Maybe Reid might have to actually

I think you could throw a blanket over Carlton, Collingwood, GC, North, Essendon,

Ade, WCE and Port.

Having said that, I think Port could be dangerous as they just don't stop running.

Looking forward to Bruce and Dennis again this Friday. With the "Duck" on board,

It's only round 1 and I'm already tired of hearing Buddy being called "The 10 Million Dollar Man"facepalm.gif

Geelong and Richmond in the blanket coverage?

You are right, Freo, Hawthorn and Sydney look the best teams. I'd think North is going to have a good year, but maybe need a few more rounds to see.

Speaking of Butterfingers Reid. Where do you see him being able to play his best?

I'm interested in North this year. They

Will Goodes really play again or just be a token player. Australian of the yr, koorie???????

Yes he'll play this year, I reckon around the same time as Tippett... Reid just needs to CTFD and stop worrying about the man behind him, he presents well but gets overlooked because he gets stage fright..

Not sure why you're bringing Goodesy's heritage into it mate?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Will Goodes really play again or just be a token player. Australian of the yr, koorie???????

Yes he'll play this year, I reckon around the same time as Tippett... Reid just needs to CTFD and stop worrying about the man behind him, he presents well but gets overlooked because he gets stage fright..

Not sure why you're bringing Goodesy's heritage into it mate?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This will be Goodes last year. Been a fine champion but can't go on.

even extend his career.

Ade, WCE and Port.

Geelong and Richmond in the blanket coverage?

You are right, Freo, Hawthorn and Sydney look the best teams. I'd think North is going to have a good year, but maybe need a few more rounds to see.

Speaking of Butterfingers Reid. Where do you see him being able to play his best?

I'm interested in North this year. They

Oops, yep forgot about those 2. I'm a bit worried about Geelong to be honest

as they've lost a couple of good players again this year and been hard hit by injury.

For me, the jury is out on North. A lot of pundits have picked them to finish top 4.

Mainly I suspect because they lost about 5 close games last year. I can't see it myself.

I rate Richmond even less.I think Richmond, North, Geelong and Collingwood maybe

overtaken by WCE, Port and the GC.

I think Reid is a better backman as he seem's to be a bit fragile when he has a bloke right

up his clacker.

If his body holds up, I can see him going around next year as well.

You've lost me on the "token" though.

Token whatblink.png