Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

thumbsup.gif

That was a bold pick based on last weeks performances. My hat goes off to you GS.

Can't see North coming back from 26 points down

I'm not going to count my chickens, it was a real roughy... 20 points coming up to 3/4 time, they're still in it...

Bit annoying that the stream's gone down (or at least it down at my end) at the moment, so have switched to the wireless...

• Like 1

thumbsup.gif

That was a bold pick based on last weeks performances. My hat goes off to you GS.

Can't see North coming back from 26 points down

I'm not going to count my chickens, it was a real roughy... 20 points coming up to 3/4 time, they're still in it...

Bit annoying that the stream's gone down (or at least it down at my end) at the moment, so have switched to the wireless...

The Sydney stream has gone for me too.

I have the Brissie game on TV

Listening to the Swans on TripleM through the AFL site

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

The Sydney stream has gone for me too.

I have the Brissie game on TV

Listening to the Swans on TripleM through the AFL site

Hahaha likewise, enjoying the TripleM Sydney footy call... Troy Luff hahaha...

Can the Lions hold on? Probably need to kick at least another one to give them the edge...

• Like 1

<deleted> that was a very long final quarter!

Wife's wondering what I'm on about yelling at the screen 'where's the <deleted> siren!' tongue.png

North had their chances the last 5 minutes but they just couldn't kick a goal...

Khunwill has told me never to back North in a 50/50 game, but i rated that a 80/20 game blink.png

North, you SUCK!

• Like 1

that was a very long final quarter!

Wife's wondering what I'm on about yelling at the screen 'where's the siren!' tongue.png

North had their chances the last 5 minutes but they just couldn't kick a goal...

Khunwill has told me never to back North in a 50/50 game, but i rated that a 80/20 game blink.png

North, you SUCK!

Yeah TBH it was a 50/50 game for me and I was pretty sure North's record at the Gabba was crap...

Add in Browny's retirement announcement and that probably tipped it in favor of the Lions getting up..

Wife's wondering what I'm on about yelling at the screen 'where's the <deleted> siren!' tongue.png

North, you SUCK!

I'm with you BookMan, I thought it was a 80/20 game. After being kept goal-less

in the first half last week against Freo, I honestly couldn't see Brissy getting up.

Having said that, North are that their most vulnerable when they're expected to win.

North are an enigma. They've beaten Port, Syd and Freo this year and lose to Brissy.

You're right, they do suck.

• Like 1

North, you SUCK!

I'm with you BookMan, I thought it was a 80/20 game. After being kept goal-less

in the first half last week against Freo, I honestly couldn't see Brissy getting up.

Having said that, North are that their most vulnerable when they're expected to win.

North are an enigma. They've beaten Port, Syd and Freo this year and lose to Brissy.

You're right, they do suck.

biggrin.png

Anyone for north against hawks next week.

When Petrie didn't take that shot at the end of the game i new they were sunk.facepalm.gif

• Like 2

North win when they're expected to lose in a big way, North lose when they're expected to win in a big way. Simples ;) So with that in mind and applying the "there's always an exception to the rule" theory. I'll not be picking the Roos next week :P

• Like 2

Geez it would've been a brave man to take the Dees today...

<deleted>!

tongue.png

F-ark it!

I thought Melbourne would coast that in with Western bulldogs having 3 decent players out. That was the only tip of this week i changed. bugger.

Geez it would've been a brave man to take the Dees today...

!

tongue.png

F-ark it!

I thought Melbourne would coast that in with Western bulldogs having 3 decent players out. That was the only tip of this week i changed. bugger.

I was out and about after I posted that, checked back at 3/4 time and was like faaaaaark, might be able to peg another one back on Khun Will27. Well you gotta be in it to win it...

Port goalless in the third, starting their slide down the ladder? I'm not going to be too upset with sacrificing that tip ;)

This week there were 2 tipsters with 8/9 They were Gazman and Farmerjo. This week winner is Farmejo with the best margin. I think Adelaide got him through. Well done. Gazman is closing the gap on Will27.

post-126018-0-33707600-1404045052_thumb.

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 2

This week there were 2 tipsters with 8/9 They were Gazman and Farmerjo. This week winner is Farmejo with the best margin. I think Adelaide got him through. Well done. Gazman is closing the gap on Will27.

attachicon.gifAAA AFL Tipping Rd 15.jpeg

Well done fellas.

gazman has been rocketing up the charts the last month!

Looks like Will27 also picked Adelaide.

For myself...a dramatic drop..could be fatal

• Like 2

Eddie McGuire is sooking again this time because the crowds were down for the Collingwood game and it is all the AFL's fault.

Pies want cash for dismal crowd

Collingwood will demand compensation from the AFL today after the league's latest scheduling disaster.

A dismal crowd of 40,936 watched the Magpies beat Carlton by 15 points at the MCG last night, the lowest ever home-and-away attendance between the powerhouse clubs.

The two teams have averaged crowds of more than 75,000 in the past two years.

Collingwood stands to lose most from the poor turnout and in an explosive interview president Eddie McGuire told 3AW Football the Magpies would chase compensation.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/pies-want-cash-for-dismal-crowd/20140630-3b2ez.html

This clip of Johnno Brown after Brissies win last night brought a tear to my eye.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-replay?round=CD_R201401415&matchId=CD_M20140141506&eventType=Goal&seek=7640&videoQuality=med

Stirring stuff. Browny never shed a tear in any of his farewells over the past week. A strong man indeed.

But what did Brad Scott say to Tom Rockliff while Brown was talking? It didn't look very serious from my view of the body language, but a bit of a reprimand nonetheless. Rockliff wasn't all that happy about the timing.

I gather Rocky and Boomer had been having words during the game, and at the end Rocky decided to make the point that the young Lions weren't pushovers. Boomer didn't seem too pleased at the comment, but it looks like the sort of thing that would pass under the bridge straight away. Rockliff apologised for it anyway.

The young Lions are pushovers for a powerful side - not North - but they are a very young team. Only six of the players who took the field on Saturday night have played over 100 games, and one of them was Ash McGrath, the only 200-gamer, who's on his last legs. Ten players had played less than 50 games, and 6 less than 22, i.e. less than a full season. Under the new management I don't think any of them will be seeking release at the end of the season to go back to their families, so there's hope for the future. I suspect Leppitch is a steadier influence than Voss, too.

• Like 2

This clip of Johnno Brown after Brissies win last night brought a tear to my eye.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-replay?round=CD_R201401415&matchId=CD_M20140141506&eventType=Goal&seek=7640&videoQuality=med

Stirring stuff. Browny never shed a tear in any of his farewells over the past week. A strong man indeed.

But what did Brad Scott say to Tom Rockliff while Brown was talking? It didn't look very serious from my view of the body language, but a bit of a reprimand nonetheless. Rockliff wasn't all that happy about the timing.

I gather Rocky and Boomer had been having words during the game, and at the end Rocky decided to make the point that the young Lions weren't pushovers. Boomer didn't seem too pleased at the comment, but it looks like the sort of thing that would pass under the bridge straight away. Rockliff apologised for it anyway.

The young Lions are pushovers for a powerful side - not North - but they are a very young team. Only six of the players who took the field on Saturday night have played over 100 games, and one of them was Ash McGrath, the only 200-gamer, who's on his last legs. Ten players had played less than 50 games, and 6 less than 22, i.e. less than a full season. Under the new management I don't think any of them will be seeking release at the end of the season to go back to their families, so there's hope for the future. I suspect Leppitch is a steadier influence than Voss, too.

IMO, Brad Scott nor any coach should be confronting players like that.

Nothing good can come of it.

Sometimes Scott comes off like a bit of a knob to be honest. It was like

when the media were into Boomer Harvey and he said "if anyone wants

to have a go at Boomer, they will have to go through me first".

At times he sounds immature and get's too emotional.

He should concentrate on getting his team right first methinks.

There is some explanation in The Tackle link which I've posted.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Eddie McGuire is sooking again this time because the crowds were down for the Collingwood game and it is all the AFL's fault.

Pies want cash for dismal crowd

Collingwood will demand compensation from the AFL today after the league's latest scheduling disaster.

A dismal crowd of 40,936 watched the Magpies beat Carlton by 15 points at the MCG last night, the lowest ever home-and-away attendance between the powerhouse clubs.

The two teams have averaged crowds of more than 75,000 in the past two years.

Collingwood stands to lose most from the poor turnout and in an explosive interview president Eddie McGuire told 3AW Football the Magpies would chase compensation.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/pies-want-cash-for-dismal-crowd/20140630-3b2ez.html

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.. Do us all a favour and shut the front door... 40,000 for a Sunday night match that was shit house weather? What did you expect? That's a pretty good return I'd reckon, imagine that if it were an interstate club that had this conundrum, they'd be laughing all the way to the bank if 40,000 fans turned up in shitty weather!

IMO, Brad Scott nor any coach should be confronting players like that.

Nothing good can come of it.

Sometimes Scott comes off like a bit of a knob to be honest. It was like

when the media were into Boomer Harvey and he said "if anyone wants

to have a go at Boomer, they will have to go through me first".

At times he sounds immature and get's too emotional.

He should concentrate on getting his team right first methinks.

There is some explanation in The Tackle link which I've posted.

Doesn't appear too much in this - having looked at the clip - Rockliff admitted that he might've "been a bit cheeky" in having a crack at Boomer, who gives a &lt;deleted&gt;, Boomer deserves it, he's an old man and can take care of himself or was Brad Scott doing his bit for Senior Citizens week? :P

From the clip, it looks like Scott's asked Rockliff what was said (probably a bit more colourful than that), he got an explanation and accepted it and walked off over to Leppe who's probably reminded Scott that he was probably exactly the same at the same point in his career.

Onto to some really good news; Clarko is apparently going to be back at the helm this week for the Hawks!

Will the MRP sit this week or will they be able to continue their holiday?

• Like 1