Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

This week winner is yours truly with 7/9. The big news this week is that Will27 has been toppled The new leader is Farmerjo with Gazman 2nd with the same score.

post-126018-0-66412300-1407066203_thumb.

I also suggest that after making your tips or any changes go back and check. By checking I have been saved some grief. I was caught out one week.

Congrats Rip!

I hope our 2 new leaders don't succomb to the inevitable pressure. Just remember guys, every pick could be vital to your chances of winning the comp.

One mistake is all it takes...

My condolences KhunWill. It isn't often we see an implosion of this magnitude. I have left a packet of Kettle Chips on the couch for you to enjoy during next week's round

• Like 2

This week winner is yours truly with 7/9. The big news this week is that Will27 has been toppled The new leader is Farmerjo with Gazman 2nd with the same score.

attachicon.gifAAA Rd 19Al AFL Footy Tipping Competition Thailand Mob.jpeg

I also suggest that after making your tips or any changes go back and check. By checking I have been saved some grief. I was caught out one week.

Well played ripstanley.

Nice work by Farmerjo & Gazman.

I will either have to get a new dartboard or borrow chimpy

off of BookMan.

• Like 2

Congrats Rip!

I hope our 2 new leaders don't succomb to the inevitable pressure. Just remember guys, every pick could be vital to your chances of winning the comp.

One mistake is all it takes...

My condolences KhunWill. It isn't often we see an implosion of this magnitude. I have left a packet of Kettle Chips on the couch for you to enjoy during next week's round

I wondered where those chips came from.

Thanks BookMan, I will demolish them with an

M&M chaser while I watch the last episode of Power.

• Like 1

Leppitsch and Roos on Etihad stadium and the roof:

The coaches were also in concert in their dismay at how the spectacle was further eroded by the roof being open which led to players and umpires being affected by the sun throughout the afternoon.

"Nah, terrible," Leppitsch said, adding that "to a man" the coaches were of the belief the roof should be shut at all times. "I spoke to the umpires before the game, they hate it. It's very difficult to look through shade and light and try to make an accurate decision. They probably won't admit to that, but they told me privately they're not happy making those calls."

Roos said it was "bizarre", but incidental to Sunday's result.

"I don't understand why it's not closed, regardless of the weather,'' he said. "An indoor venue, you spend however many hundreds of millions of dollars on it, and you leave the roof open."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demon-nonbelievers-face-the-chop-says-roos-20140803-1000rs.html#ixzz39NroXvu7

The last game I went to at Etihad was at Easter 2010 to see Essendon play Fremantle. It was a sunny day and we got what we thought were good seats at the eastern (Coventry) end. We both nearly burnt to death and were blinded by the sun. I had to buy a Fremantle hat to protect my head (a good hat, too; I wore it all round the Sates on a trip there in 2012 and was complimented on it in Washington DC).

We couldn't believe how exposed and uncomfortable the section was in which we were seated, and it was quite expensive. There's no doubt the roof should be closed at all times.

PS. In reference to the game yesterday, Leppitsch said that up to three quarter time it was the worst he'd ever seen.

Edited by Xangsamhua
  • Like 1

Leppitsch and Roos on Etihad stadium and the roof:

The coaches were also in concert in their dismay at how the spectacle was further eroded by the roof being open which led to players and umpires being affected by the sun throughout the afternoon.

"Nah, terrible," Leppitsch said, adding that "to a man" the coaches were of the belief the roof should be shut at all times. "I spoke to the umpires before the game, they hate it. It's very difficult to look through shade and light and try to make an accurate decision. They probably won't admit to that, but they told me privately they're not happy making those calls."

Roos said it was "bizarre", but incidental to Sunday's result.

"I don't understand why it's not closed, regardless of the weather,'' he said. "An indoor venue, you spend however many hundreds of millions of dollars on it, and you leave the roof open."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demon-nonbelievers-face-the-chop-says-roos-20140803-1000rs.html#ixzz39NroXvu7

The last game I went to at Etihad was at Easter 2010 to see Essendon play Fremantle. It was a sunny day and we got what we thought were good seats at the eastern (Coventry) end. We both nearly burnt to death and were blinded by the sun. I had to buy a Fremantle hat to protect my head (a good hat, too; I wore it all round the Sates on a trip there in 2012 and was complimented on it in Washington DC).

We couldn't believe how exposed and uncomfortable the section was in which we were seated, and it was quite expensive. There's no doubt the roof should be closed at all times.

PS. In reference to the game yesterday, Leppitsch said that up to three quarter time it was the worst he'd ever seen.

It seems like the AFL making up their own rule against the wishes of most of the games participants. Here is a quote from another article;

AFL spokesman Patrick Keane confirmed it was the AFL's decision to open or close the roof, and he said it would only be closed for day games if rain was likely.

"Other than that we leave the roof open because it's an outdoor game and we believe it's a better experience with the roof open compared to it closed," Keane told AFL.com.au.
"Yes, we're aware that there's people that disagree with that at times.
"But our view is that the roof should be open wherever possible for day games unless there's rain."

Conca offered 2 weeks!!!! WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK!

Surely they missed a 1 in front of that (would be excessive but fair)

2 weeks? Good lord...

EDIT:- Here's the MRP's explanation..

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-04/mrp-full-statement-round-19

After Vickery got 4 weeks, I honestly thought he'd get 3 weeks.

The MRP doesn't disappoint (again).

• Like 2

A wrap up of last nights footy shows.

The MRP cops it again.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-north-melbourne-port-adelaide-and-the-afl-match-review-panel-dominated-monday-night-tv/story-fniv6abm-1227013448932

MATCH REVIEW PANEL: Sheahan slammed the decision not to penalise Lindsay Thomas for staging. “If that’s not staging I don’t know what is ...” he said. He would go on to include Daniel Merrett avoiding suspension (hit on Pedersen) and Marc Murphy getting off for elbowing Docker Ryan Crowley. “[Message from the AFL/umpires is] you get a free hit at Ryan Crowley,” Sheahan said. “That (Murphy) was a vigorous elbow to the stomach. The match review panel says it’s insufficient force. If Steve Johnson’s is a worse case then I’ll got he.”

• Like 1

The MRP cops it again.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-north-melbourne-port-adelaide-and-the-afl-match-review-panel-dominated-monday-night-tv/story-fniv6abm-1227013448932

MATCH REVIEW PANEL: Sheahan slammed the decision not to penalise Lindsay Thomas for staging. “If that’s not staging I don’t know what is ...” he said. He would go on to include Daniel Merrett avoiding suspension (hit on Pedersen) and Marc Murphy getting off for elbowing Docker Ryan Crowley. “[Message from the AFL/umpires is] you get a free hit at Ryan Crowley,” Sheahan said. “That (Murphy) was a vigorous elbow to the stomach. The match review panel says it’s insufficient force. If Steve Johnson’s is a worse case then I’ll got he.”

I don't mind that the umps have given free reign on players giving it to Crowley (sorry ron19) :P

Thomas should switch to the A League.

Stevie J contesting his suspension as well http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-05/cats-contest-stevie-j-ban

Hawthorn's run of injuries continues... http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-05/gunston-out-for-23 (would've been nice if it had been 2 weeks earlier :P)

The MRP cops it again.

I don't mind that the umps have given free reign on players giving it to Crowley (sorry ron19) tongue.png

Stevie J contesting his suspension as well http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-05/cats-contest-stevie-j-ban

Hawthorn's run of injuries continues... http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-05/gunston-out-for-23 (would've been nice if it had been 2 weeks earlier tongue.png)

I thought all players are playing under the same rules not one rule for some and not for others. I would be the 1st one to say if Crowley is breaking the rules that he should be penalized. Makes me wonder at times when some players are allowed to get away with breaking the rules and others can't.xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

The MRP cops it again.

I don't mind that the umps have given free reign on players giving it to Crowley (sorry ron19) tongue.png

Hawthorn's run of injuries continues... http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-05/gunston-out-for-23 (would've been nice if it had been 2 weeks earlier tongue.png)

All of the incidents are here.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-08-04/stevie-j-offered-oneweek-ban-conca-two

It's hard to fathom how Murphy gets the "insufficient force" for his elbow on Crowley

while Stevie J get's done.

How Merrett got off? The mind boggles!

I thought all players are playing under the same rules not one rule for some and not for others. I would be the 1st one to say if Crowley is breaking the rules that he should be penalized. Makes me wonder at times when some players are allowed to get away with breaking the rules and others can't.xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png

It's a good point Ron. Umps have their favourites, we have all said it here before.

There was a crackdown on taggers who were not watching the play, just the player, being penalised, and fair enough too.

But, past indiscretions should not be held against you. All players should be seen as blobs rather than individual personalities

• Like 2

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-05/in-the-mix-round-20

Could be some interesting inclusions this weekend!

Swannies are looking awesome in the mavpower area GS.

Buddy and his Loves Hanneberry to return this week, and Mitchell maybe fit from injury.

Add to that all the backups in the reserves, including Derickx, Brandon Jack, Biggs, Laidler (omitted last week), Zac Jones.

SYdney have the equal lowest number of players used this year.

Ryan O Keefe was top disposals for Sydney in the Reserves last week with 33 + 5 tackles

Week before that he had 35 + 3 tackles (biggs 41 disposals)

Edited by BookMan

Buddy and his Loves Hanneberry to return this week, and Mitchell maybe fit from injury.

Add to that all the backups in the reserves, including Derickx, Brandon Jack, Biggs, Laidler (omitted last week), Zac Jones.

Ryan O Keefe was top disposals for Sydney in the Reserves last week with 33 + 5 tackles

It's been a while since we've been in such a luxurious position, probably back to '05/'06 where we had good fitness and everyone was fighting week in week out for their spot in the top 22.

I saw comments from Horse yesterday about O'Keefe... Be interesting to see how it all pans out... I'd like to see him back in the firsts, probably at the expense of Butterfingers. If he has the fitness and the form, Butters has to go.

• Like 1

It's been a while since we've been in such a luxurious position, probably back to '05/'06 where we had good fitness and everyone was fighting week in week out for their spot in the top 22.

I saw comments from Horse yesterday about O'Keefe... Be interesting to see how it all pans out... I'd like to see him back in the firsts, probably at the expense of Butterfingers. If he has the fitness and the form, Butters has to go.

Reid could well be on the trade table

I think Reid will do a Reg Grundy and Leo "YOU STAR" Barry (before him)...

I think Reid will do a Reg Grundy and Leo "YOU STAR" Barry (before him)...

He definitely can hold a mark in defence and he has good height and is putting on some bulk.

I really like Rohan across half back also

You Sydney boys,

Do you think the Swans would be interested in a swap of Scott Lycett

for Mitchell?

I think you guys are a bit skinny in the ruck department and WC desperately

need midfielders.

What do you think?

You Sydney boys,

for Mitchell?

need midfielders.

What do you think?

Ryan O keefe not enough for you guys? tongue.png

I'd like to see Sydney keep Mitchell, of course, but....

If he has to go a ruckman or a good defensive player might be the go.

I don't know a lot about lycett.

It seems crazy that Sydney can afford to even consider offloading Mitchell.

You Sydney boys,

for Mitchell?

need midfielders.

What do you think?

Ryan O keefe not enough for you guys? tongue.png

I'd like to see Sydney keep Mitchell, of course, but....

If he has to go a ruckman or a good defensive player might be the go.

I don't know a lot about lycett.

It seems crazy that Sydney can afford to even consider offloading Mitchell.

Yeah you better go back to Simpson with a better plan khun Will27 :P

We've got some prospects in the seconds that seem to be developing nicely ;) Derickx was just a stop gap solution whilst Cindarella and Butterfingers were injured.

• Like 2

If the Dockers want this guy then they will need the N#1 pick which looks at the moment to be the Saints. What have the Dockers got to offer the Saints in exchange for the pick? It will have to be pretty bloody good as this McCartin guy is touted as the next Riewolt.

Saints, Dogs, Dockers target McCartin

Potential top draft pick Patrick McCartin has revealed he has been approached by several clubs including Dockers, Saints and Bulldogs ahead of November’s draft.

The 18-year-old is regarded as one of the top key forward prospects in the draft and told Sports Today he recently met with the Dockers among others

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/saints-dogs-dockers-target-mccartin/20140805-3d6oz.html

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

If the Dockers want this guy then they will need the N#1 pick which looks at the moment to be the Saints. What have the Dockers got to offer the Saints in exchange for the pick? It will have to be pretty bloody good as this McCartin guy is touted as the next Riewolt.

Saints, Dogs, Dockers target McCartin

Potential top draft pick Patrick McCartin has revealed he has been approached by several clubs including Dockers, Saints and Bulldogs ahead of November’s draft.

The 18-year-old is regarded as one of the top key forward prospects in the draft and told Sports Today he recently met with the Dockers among others

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/saints-dogs-dockers-target-mccartin/20140805-3d6oz.html

Freo could offer up Zac Dawson and their 1st round pick?

• Like 2