Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Well guys

Nearly that time again.

Some questions to be pondered......

Can kooweerup continue his great run of form of late?

Can Mr Smith go back to back and win the round again?

Will chooka have a last minute epiphany (again) and pick the Saints?

Can seajae, BookMan and ripstanley make up any ground to the number 1 position?

Will the leader, (I forget his name but he's the good looking one), forge ahead, drop

behind or maintain his lead?

All of these questions and more will be answered by Monday afternoon.

Good luck fella's.

na definitely not tipping the saints this week, the Gold Coast / Sydney game has me thinking and I have tipped the G/C at the moment and also thinking about GWS at home over the bombers in a close one.

There seems to be a bit of a log jam between 2nd and 8th and someone has to do the honourable thing and take a couple of roughies.

Good choices chooka. I'm surprised you don't follow your heart and tip your beloved Saints. I guess all their supporters are deserting them.

• Like 1

Well guys

Nearly that time again.

Some questions to be pondered......

Can kooweerup continue his great run of form of late?

Can Mr Smith go back to back and win the round again?

Will chooka have a last minute epiphany (again) and pick the Saints?

Can seajae, BookMan and ripstanley make up any ground to the number 1 position?

Will the leader, (I forget his name but he's the good looking one), forge ahead, drop

behind or maintain his lead?

All of these questions and more will be answered by Monday afternoon.

Good luck fella's.

na definitely not tipping the saints this week, the Gold Coast / Sydney game has me thinking and I have tipped the G/C at the moment and also thinking about GWS at home over the bombers in a close one.

There seems to be a bit of a log jam between 2nd and 8th and someone has to do the honourable thing and take a couple of roughies.

Good choices chooka. I'm surprised you don't follow your heart and tip your beloved Saints. I guess all their supporters are deserting them.

Nah. You have ran out of party pies and your lounge is uncomfortablesmile.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Geelong got out of gaol. They were up by 24 points in 3rd quarter Then down by 16 in the last and kicked winning goal in the last minute.

Woah!

Nearly the first upset of the round.

I picked Geelong by 43 so there goes my margin.

Never mind.

Hard luck Mick alt=biggrin.png>

I took 32-ish points margin so i'll be slipping down a couple of places tongue.png

Carlton looked to have it won but still one of their better games of the year.

Geelong though have some issues. So many skill errors from them this game

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Geelong got out of gaol. They were up by 24 points in 3rd quarter Then down by 16 in the last and kicked winning goal in the last minute.

Woah!

Never mind.

I took 32-ish points margin so i'll be slipping down a couple of places tongue.png

Apart from the closeness of the game, I thought it was a tad disappointing.

I agreed with Matthews, I thought it would be a savage start. I really don't think

there was much intensity last night at all.

One things for sure though, Geelong have finally lost their aura of invincibility.

• Like 1

Woah!

Never mind.

I also took them by 32.

• Like 1

It just keeps getting betterbiggrin.png

Malthouse fumes after tight AFL loss

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/687514-australian-rules-football-2014-tipping-chat-the-dream-team/page-66

Seriously though, it looks bad when coach comes out after a close

loss and lays blame at the umpires.

I don't think the umpires affected the result in anyway.

They could have had a penalty for the runner infringing near the end. High tackle before that? More borderline. Geelong was very lucky to get a win from that game.

Freo used its runner a few games back to repeatedly block up space in the middle of the ground...Could a crackdown on Runners be looming?

Interesting that the Umpire called play on while Hawkins was moving in to kick at goal. No doubt he has been taking too long, but that preparation was one of his quicker ones for the night. Why pick that moment to enforce the 30 second rule?

It has been noticeable the Umpires have been calling out to him in previous games '15 seconds' when he has already had the ball about 30 seconds

• Like 1

Australia Network off air by mid-September

The Australia Network has roughly three months left on air before the federal government's decision to axe the ABC-run overseas broadcaster comes into effect.

The government announced in the budget it would terminate the ABC's $223 million 10-year contract to run the network, which is beamed into 44 nations across the Asia-Pacific region.

It's been confirmed the network will go off the air by September 18.

That is one week before the grandfinal. You would think the bastards would give us one more week to watch one of / if not the biggest sporting day in Australia.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/australia-network-off-air-by-midseptember-20140605-39kxj.html

• Like 1

It just keeps getting betterbiggrin.png

Malthouse fumes after tight AFL loss

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/687514-australian-rules-football-2014-tipping-chat-the-dream-team/page-66

Seriously though, it looks bad when coach comes out after a close

loss and lays blame at the umpires.

I don't think the umpires affected the result in anyway.

They could have had a penalty for the runner infringing near the end. High tackle before that? More borderline. Geelong was very lucky to get a win from that game.

Freo used its runner a few games back to repeatedly block up space in the middle of the ground...Could a crackdown on Runners be looming?

Interesting that the Umpire called play on while Hawkins was moving in to kick at goal. No doubt he has been taking too long, but that preparation was one of his quicker ones for the night. Why pick that moment to enforce the 30 second rule?

It has been noticeable the Umpires have been calling out to him in previous games '15 seconds' when he has already had the ball about 30 seconds

Yep, Geelong got out of jail I reckon, but IMO, it never sounds good when a coach starts laying the blame

at the umpires. There also could've been a 50 meter penalty to Hawkins when the ball was knocked clear.

And then a goal to Geelong after a poor centre bounce.

Whoever was on Selwood and let him get goalside was a critical error.

Also, I think Malthouse erred in leaving Rowe on Hawkins for way too long.

Whenever it's that close, one side can always feel a bit lucky to get the 4 points.

It's that you rarely hear a coach talking about the umpires when they've won.

Good call about the runner, I remember the Freo runner almost blocking certain areas of the ground.

I reckon they will be looked at for sure.

• Like 1

The Australia Network has roughly three months left on air before the federal government's decision to axe the ABC-run overseas broadcaster comes into effect.

The government announced in the budget it would terminate the ABC's $223 million 10-year contract to run the network, which is beamed into 44 nations across the Asia-Pacific region.

That is one week before the grandfinal. You would think the bastards would give us one more week to watch one of / if not the biggest sporting day in Australia.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/australia-network-off-air-by-midseptember-20140605-39kxj.html

I'm hearing you chooka, at least get the GF in and then say goodbye.

The AFL might try and arrange for someone else to play the GF.

I wonder what will happen next year. Worrying times for us AFL lovers.

• Like 2

Anyone else having issues with AN on CTH? I was up in Khon Kaen and the hotel had no issues, but came home last night to watch the game and black screen, still the same this morning...

I've got alternate ways to watch but sometimes just too lazy to rig that up...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Anyone else having issues with AN on CTH? I was up in Khon Kaen and the hotel had no issues, but came home last night to watch the game and black screen, still the same this morning...

I've got alternate ways to watch but sometimes just too lazy to rig that up...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yep, I haven't been able to receive AN on CTH for over a week.

I also remember Ron19 having some problems as well.

KhunWill #1 Tipster...Weagles looking good so far...40-34 mid way through 2nd quarter

Ahhhh, Hawthorn have kicked away to lead by 19 at the breaksad.png

You picked West Coast smile.png ?

excellent that means so far I've have pegged him back one.

KhunWill #1 Tipster...Weagles looking good so far...40-34 mid way through 2nd quarter

Sorry BookManbiggrin.png

Looks like everyone has three from three so far.

Sorry BookManbiggrin.png

Id guess half of the Tipsters have picked Brisbane tonight. (not me). Should see someone get a break

GWS to surprise Essendon?...possible...

Sorry BookManbiggrin.png

Id guess half of the Tipsters have picked Brisbane tonight. (not me). Should see someone get a break

GWS to surprise Essendon?...possible...

Yeah I was going for the Lions for a roughy but went ahead with the Dogs at home..

That'll learn me..

The Dons seem to be either playing shit or a just playing around with GWS...

• Like 2

Yeah I was going for the Lions for a roughy but went ahead with the Dogs at home..

That'll learn me..

The Dons seem to be either playing shit or a just playing around with GWS...

The dogs started well but the last quarter they have been insipid. How difficult is it to hand ball to someone 5 metres in front of you?

Dogs have had players walking through the centre of the ground not even watching the ball just thirty metres from them. I want to reach through the screen and slap the players across the face to wake them up

• Like 1