Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Gee I wouldn't like hearing this if I was a Freo supporter (sorry Ron19).

David Mundy on radio 6PR yesterday:

MUNDY: I'm still quite torn about living in the most isolated capital city in the world.

I try to get home as much as possible but it's hard.

Another "Chris Judd" scenario coming up?

Gee I wouldn't like hearing this if I was a Freo supporter (sorry Ron19).

David Mundy on radio 6PR yesterday:

MUNDY: I'm still quite torn about living in the most isolated capital city in the world.

I try to get home as much as possible but it's hard.

Another "Chris Judd" scenario coming up?

Contract negotiations under way are they? tongue.png

• Like 1

Team Line ups for the weekend in yet?

There are a few games where the result may rest with who is in and who is out.

Teams released 6:30pm Melbourne time.

I read that the Ryan Griffen and Jordan Roughead

both out for the WB.

Zac Clarke a possible out for Freo.

Having said that, sometime it's wise to check just before

the game as you can have late withdrawals like Mark Murphy last weekbah.gif

• Like 1

both out for the WB.

Bulldogs missing a few players now. Giansiracusa suspended two weeks.

Makes for an interesting match up with Melbourne...very interesting. Tough to pick.

Of course the tipping week could be off to a real downer for some. Margin will also be all important come end of season for Tipsters.

We have Geelong v Essendon being played at Etihad. (i thought this was a Geelong home game?). Also tough to pick this one. I felt certain Geelong would take the choccies but then Essendon looks really revved up for this game. Geelong have some injuries, not playing at Simonds stadium...A lot to think about

both out for the WB.

Bulldogs missing a few players now. Giansiracusa suspended two weeks.

Makes for an interesting match up with Melbourne...very interesting. Tough to pick.

Of course the tipping week could be off to a real downer for some. Margin will also be all important come end of season for Tipsters.

We have Geelong v Essendon being played at Etihad. (i thought this was a Geelong home game?). Also tough to pick this one. I felt certain Geelong would take the choccies but then Essendon looks really revved up for this game. Geelong have some injuries, not playing at Simonds stadium...A lot to think about

Margin??

I just thought it was a weekly thing. Is there also an accumulative amount as well?

I think the Geelong/Essendon game is no gimme either. Essendon play Etihad pretty well.

Geelong coming of a loss though. I wonder when they last lost 2 in a row??

Edited by Will27

I just thought it was a weekly thing. Is there also an accumulative amount as well?

I think the Geelong/Essendon game is no gimme either. Essendon play Etihad pretty well.

Yes, Ripstanley is close to you on margin, if he can just close the Tipping gap.

Games are freeing up more and more every week now. Some of the lesser sides are throwing caution to the wind. Some of the mid ranked sides are choking on their own pressure filled minds, some of the top teams will lose due to complacency.

Oh, each and every tip is a minefield now!

• Like 1

Yes, Ripstanley is close to you on margin, if he can just close the Tipping gap.

Games are freeing up more and more every week now. Some of the lesser sides are throwing caution to the wind. Some of the mid ranked sides are choking on their own pressure filled minds, some of the top teams will lose due to complacency.

If I was paranoid, I'd say you're talking about mebiggrin.png

• Like 1

BookMan, can you please explain the margin thing for me?

I've just had a look and my margin is 384 and ripstanely is on 389.

Is there somewhere you can check to what the correct (total) margin is

so far this year?

BookMan, can you please explain the margin thing for me?

I've just had a look and my margin is 384 and ripstanely is on 389.

Is there somewhere you can check to what the correct (total) margin is

so far this year?

That is the correct cumulative total margin for the year

If Geelong wins by 20 this week and you guess 10 as the margin and Rip guesses 20 as the margin then you will be 394 and Rip will be 389 after the round.

The Margin is determined to split the Tipsters. So , while I have the same points as another 3 Tipsters, my margin is better cumulatively so I sit 2nd on the ladder.

OVERALL RANKING

17. Throughout the Season, the Promoter will maintain a leaderboard which ranks the Entrants from highest to lowest based on their Scores. To determine the ranking of two or more Entrants that have an equal Score, the Entrant with the lower Cumulative Margin will rank higher than other Entrants with corresponding equal Scores ("Ranking").

"Margin Difference" in respect of a Margin Game means, for an Entrant that:

a. has correctly tipped a winning team, the difference between the margin nominated by the Entrant for that Match and the actual margin for that Match;

b. has tipped the losing team, the aggregate of the margin nominated by the Entrant for that Match and the actual margin for that Match (e.g. if entrant nominates a margin of 14, and their tipped team looses by 20 points, their ‘Margin Difference' for the Match will be 34); and

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

This just in: Cindarella and McGlynn to play in the Harbourside Derby...

Sensational news!

Zak jones to play down back for Shaw maybe? BJ as Sub?

Our mate Derickx has been dumped, Cindarella and Butterfingers to share the ruck load with The Lumberjack, I don't see this as a bad thing.

Think Lloydy's got the green vest this week.

B D.Rampe, T.Richards, N.Smith

HB J. Laidler, H.Grundy, J.McVeigh

C N. Malceski, J.Kennedy, B. McGlynn

HF H. Cunningham, L. Franklin, L. Jetta

F S. Reid, K.Tippett, A. Goodes

Foll M. Pyke, K. Jack, L. Parker

I/C C. Bird, B. Jack, Z. Jones, J. Lloyd

Emg T.Derickx, T. Membrey, G. Rohan

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Good to see Sheeds giving Eddie and Collingwood a bit of stick about the academies.

Kevin Sheedy weighs into state academy debate after AFL announces it may overhaul rules.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/kevin-sheedy-weighs-into-state-academy-debate-after-afl-announces-it-may-overhaul-rules/story-e6frg1xu-1226966854575

Eddie McFucking Everywhere, no love for Collingwood so let's make some shit up about other clubs...

McEverywhere would serve himself better by shutting up about the academies, as he's had his fair share of players come through them, further, his GM of talent management was part of the whole process... Muppet...

Pridham took the sarcasm route to deal with his Collingwood counterpart..

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-06-26/qbe-sydney-swans-academy-explained

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

So tipping this week is pretty vanilla, just one or two that could throw up the sprinkles...

Lions v Roos - Roos, despite being in the 8 just don't fill me with confidence... Lions could get up for Browny and they also welcome the return of Ash McGrath...

Saints v Tiges - might just have to close the eyes and click on this one...

Dockers v Eagles - This could go either way, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Eagles get up for it either.

Crows v Port - Like the WA derby, this one often throws up a surprise. Port has the form and taken the last couple of clashes, could it be time for the Crows to step and assert the #1 SA team?

• Like 1

So tipping this week is pretty vanilla, just one or two that could throw up the sprinkles...

Lions v Roos - Roos, despite being in the 8 just don't fill me with confidence... Lions could get up for Browny and they also welcome the return of Ash McGrath...

Dockers v Eagles - This could go either way, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Eagles get up for it either.

Crows v Port - Like the WA derby, this one often throws up a surprise. Port has the form and taken the last couple of clashes, could it be time for the Crows to step and assert the #1 SA team?

Essendon V Geelong?

Bulldogs v melbourne?

Essendon V Geelong?

Bulldogs v melbourne?

Can't see an upset in either game

;)

• Like 1

Essendon V Geelong?

Bulldogs v melbourne?

Can't see an upset in either game

wink.png

You 2 blokes are doing my head inblink.png

• Like 2

It wasn't you sneaky red and white's again was it?

Midfielder Nat Fyfe turned down seven-year deal from rival club to stay with Fremantle Dockers

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/midfielder-nat-fyfe-turned-down-sevenyear-deal-from-rival-club-to-stay-with-fremantle-dockers/story-fniv64vs-1226968617704

laugh.png

Doubt we would be looking at Fyfe...Sydney have so many good mid fielders in the team and coming through the reserves and academy...

In the next few years we'll have to offload some name players without a doubt. Maybe a jetta or Rohan or Mitchell....difficult to say