Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Well done Will. Picked Geelong by 9. Perfect score so far.

Jebus! The guy is a magician at the moment.

Is it not enough he is whipping our <deleted> in the tipping comp? He has to get the margin also?

Was very lucky BookMan. I nearly changed my tip to Essendon at the last minute.

Another 8 games to go so anything can happen.

Agonising over the WB/Melbourne game at the minute.

PS: What do you mean at the momenttongue.png

• Like 1

Well done Will. Picked Geelong by 9. Perfect score so far.

Jebus! The guy is a magician at the moment.

Is it not enough he is whipping our <deleted> in the tipping comp? He has to get the margin also?

Was very lucky BookMan. I nearly changed my tip to Essendon at the last minute.

Another 8 games to go so anything can happen.

Agonising over the WB/Melbourne game at the minute.

PS: What do you mean at the momenttongue.png

Melbourne have firmed as favourites but I think I will be sticking with the dogs and saints over Richmond

• Like 1

Robbo thinks maybe it's time for Malthouse to pull the pin.

Personally, as long as Carlton are losing, keep him there.

Mark Robinson explores whether Carlton coach Mick Malthouse should retire given negative comments about modern football

If Carlton decide they need a new coach, they could probably

get Hardwick for a third of the price of Malthousebiggrin.png

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/mark-robinson-explores-whether-carlton-coach-mick-malthouse-should-retire-given-negative-comments-about-modern-football/story-fniv702f-1226969431257

• Like 1

Port in the hunt for Eagle Lycett

PORT Adelaide is among a number of clubs circling out-of-contract West Coast ruckman Scott Lycett.

AFL.com.au understands the Power, who have chased ruckmen in recent trade periods, have Lycett on the radar to bolster their big-man department.

Lycett's two-year contract expires at the end of 2014, with the 21-year-old yet to cement his place in the Eagles' line-up as he battles for a spot alongside star pair Dean Cox and Nic Naitanui.

Rookie Eagles ruckman Callum Sinclair has provided stiff competition with Lycett for a position in the team.

Lycett has played the past two games for the Eagles – for a tally of 15 in his career – but Cox is expected to return from a rest this weekend to face Fremantle.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-26/port-in-hunt-for-lycett

• Like 1

I have a feeling you Sydney boys are going to love Sheedy's dig at Ed.

Kevin Sheedy reveals GWS Giants offered Collingwood chance to trade for Jaeger O’Meara and Jack Martin.

"Dear Clown Prince, Eddie (McGuire),

I’m just sitting here up on the Parramatta River, trying to baptise the good people of New South Wales to Australian football.

You don’t have to do that in Melbourne; that all comes naturally".

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/kevin-sheedy-reveals-gws-giants-offered-collingwood-chance-to-trade-for-jaeger-omeara-and-jack-martin/story-e6frg1xu-1226969475997

• Like 1

I have a feeling you Sydney boys are going to love Sheedy's dig at Ed.

Kevin Sheedy reveals GWS Giants offered Collingwood chance to trade for Jaeger O’Meara and Jack Martin.

"Dear Clown Prince, Eddie (McGuire),

I’m just sitting here up on the Parramatta River, trying to baptise the good people of New South Wales to Australian football.

You don’t have to do that in Melbourne; that all comes naturally".

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/kevin-sheedy-reveals-gws-giants-offered-collingwood-chance-to-trade-for-jaeger-omeara-and-jack-martin/story-e6frg1xu-1226969475997

I read that this morning and I had to laugh.

Eddie certainly supports his club and wants the best for him, but as for the bigger picture, he would be awful for the AFLs future.

The AFL should be pouring millions into academies for NSW and QLD. Sure it will benefit Sydney/GWS/Brissie/GC to begin with, but within ten years the AFL will see scores more talented and AFL ready players from which to choose from. At the moment so many of those players choose a different sport.

• Like 1

PORT Adelaide is among a number of clubs circling out-of-contract West Coast ruckman Scott Lycett.

AFL.com.au understands the Power, who have chased ruckmen in recent trade periods, have Lycett on the radar to bolster their big-man department.

Lycett's two-year contract expires at the end of 2014, with the 21-year-old yet to cement his place in the Eagles' line-up as he battles for a spot alongside star pair Dean Cox and Nic Naitanui.

Rookie Eagles ruckman Callum Sinclair has provided stiff competition with Lycett for a position in the team.

Lycett has played the past two games for the Eagles – for a tally of 15 in his career – but Cox is expected to return from a rest this weekend to face Fremantle.

I will be livid if Lycett goes.

WCE have developed him for 4 years now.

I know it must be hard for Adam Simpson to manage the retirement of club

legend Coxxy, but he really painted himself into a corner by promising him

a game a week ago.

I think the game has passed Cox by, but will be more than happy to be proven wrong.

I hope he has a real good derby because to be honest, anything less than that and he

shouldn't be getting a game instead of Lycett.

WCE have another good ruckmen coming through by the name of Callum Sinclair as well.

Unless Coxxy really turns it on, we need to get games into the kids.

Instead of Buddy Billions, perhaps it should be Buddy Bargainbiggrin.png

Lance Franklin’s $10 million price tag is shaping up as a bargain for Sydney Swans.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/lance-franklins-10-million-price-tag-is-shaping-up-as-a-bargain-for-sydney-swans/story-fniv6f2c-1226969358623

Purely in monetary terms he will make the club $$, but will we get a premiership by having him and Tippet? I think it is a good chance.

Mid term though, how will he fit in with the culture at Sydney? It is inevitable we are going to lose players to the open market through not being able to afford to retain them. This year , on field, I have seen players getting s.h.itty at other players for the first time in a couple of years. Kieran jack has had a tanty a couple of times now. That type of on field disagreement looks like a sign of greater off field frustrations to me. Will have to be nipped in the bud

• Like 2

a game a week ago.

I think the game has passed Cox by, but will be more than happy to be proven wrong.

I hope he has a real good derby because to be honest, anything less than that and he

WCE have another good ruckmen coming through by the name of Callum Sinclair as well.

Geelong made the tough decisions it had to last year..Best thing for their longer term IMO.

Sydney also has to make some decisions the end of this year. Ryan O'Keefe, Lewis Roberts thompson, Adam Goodes

a game a week ago.

SCOTT Lycett is a vital part of the Eagles’ future despite being rested for Saturday’s clash with Fremantle, coach Adam Simpson insists.

The former second-round pick comes out of contract at season’s end.

"He's a very important player to us," Simpson said.

"We've got big plans for him and we want him as part of our club and he understands and hopefully I've explained it well enough.

"No one wants to sit aside. But he has played every week and his body needs to be managed just as much as the others.

"He's 21, so hopefully it's just a part of his apprenticeship."

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-06-27/we-need-lycett-simpson

• Like 2

If anyone has an link to watch GWS v Sydney online tonight please share. I can find the other games but not that one.

It's on AN BookMan.

You're welcome to pop over if you want as long as you bring some Red Rock with you.

I'll supply the bevviesthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Footy Apps.

Which one do you use? I use two:

AFL Official app

Footy Live

Overall I find that the Footy Live app is better for stats, immediate scores and commentary and more.

AFL app is better for news and tipping comp of course

BM,

After a bit of hunting around, apparently this link will be showing the Swannies - well hopefully it is wink.png

http://nfl-streaming.tv/stream35.html

EDIT:- According to the link schedule it should be following the Dockers game so it's not live bah.gif

2 x EDIT: - Got my times mixed up, so it could very well be live! :P

Also, http://www.vipboxasia.co/aussie-rules/233618/1/sydney-swans-vs-greater-western-sydney-live-stream-online.html this should work as well, thought it was a dodgy site but tested it out on other games just quickly, should be kosher as bacon for breakfast ;)

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 1

BM,

After a bit of hunting around, apparently this link will be showing the Swannies - well hopefully it is wink.png

EDIT:- According to the link schedule it should be following the Dockers game so it's not live bah.gif

2 x EDIT: - Got my times mixed up, so it could very well be live! tongue.png

Also, http://www.vipboxasia.co/aussie-rules/233618/1/sydney-swans-vs-greater-western-sydney-live-stream-online.html this should work as well, thought it was a dodgy site but tested it out on other games just quickly, should be kosher as bacon for breakfast wink.png

I can confirm that 2nd link does work for the Swannies game...

And wiziwig came late to the party as well ;)

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 1

BM,

2 x EDIT: - Got my times mixed up, so it could very well be live! tongue.png

Also, http://www.vipboxasia.co/aussie-rules/233618/1/sydney-swans-vs-greater-western-sydney-live-stream-online.html this should work as well, thought it was a dodgy site but tested it out on other games just quickly, should be kosher as bacon for breakfast wink.png

I can confirm that 2nd link does work for the Swannies game...

And wiziwig came late to the party as well wink.png

Thanks GS.

I'll try wiziwig again. I'm using VIP Box but it is a bit sketchy. VIP box came up with malware warnings a couple of months back. Nothing now

Yeah BM, the wiziwig link goes to the nfl stream 35 I was talking about earlier today wink.png Which is feeding from the AFL Global website tongue.png

Heath Shaw knocked out earlier, Uncle Tony was the total professional in commentating that...

Bondi Billionaires turned up tonight, looking good, Buddy with 2 and Cindarella with 1.1, Birthday Boy Jack kicked the 4th... The Lumberjack doing a number on Big Mummy as well...

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 1

Upset on the cards in Brisbane.

North were leading 22-0.

Brisbane now leading 52-30 end of 2nd quarter blink.png

Jebus!!! Just how horrible are North Melbourne??

Momentum certainly with the Lions, as long as they don't stay in the sheds like Geelong did last night. Could be a bit of an upset on the cards...

Think Buddy's in for a big haul tonight, kicked 4 straight for the night, his 12th straight since he kicked 4 behinds against Port wink.png

4 now and he gave one off to Tippet. Tippet with 2.1

The goal he just scored at the 27 minute mark of the 2nd quarter was awesome stuff

• Like 1

Upset on the cards in Brisbane.

North were leading 22-0.

Brisbane now leading 52-30 end of 2nd quarter blink.png

Jebus!!! Just how horrible are North Melbourne??

Momentum certainly with the Lions, as long as they don't stay in the sheds like Geelong did last night. Could be a bit of an upset on the cards...

Anyone pick Brissie? I'm sure Xangsamhua did

• Like 1