Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

If the Dockers want this guy then they will need the N#1 pick which looks at the moment to be the Saints. What have the Dockers got to offer the Saints in exchange for the pick? It will have to be pretty bloody good as this McCartin guy is touted as the next Riewolt.

Saints, Dogs, Dockers target McCartin

Potential top draft pick Patrick McCartin has revealed he has been approached by several clubs including Dockers, Saints and Bulldogs ahead of November’s draft.

The 18-year-old is regarded as one of the top key forward prospects in the draft and told Sports Today he recently met with the Dockers among others

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/saints-dogs-dockers-target-mccartin/20140805-3d6oz.html

Freo could offer up Zac Dawson and their 1st round pick?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Stop it you're killing me. When Zach the hack left St Kilda the beers were flowing and there were non stop parties for 6 month in celebration. Worst footballer in the competition, if he was't Ross's little pet he wouldn't be getting a game at Freo.

• Like 1

If the Dockers want this guy then they will need the N#1 pick which looks at the moment to be the Saints. What have the Dockers got to offer the Saints in exchange for the pick? It will have to be pretty bloody good as this McCartin guy is touted as the next Riewolt.

Potential top draft pick Patrick McCartin has revealed he has been approached by several clubs including Dockers, Saints and Bulldogs ahead of November’s draft.

The 18-year-old is regarded as one of the top key forward prospects in the draft and told Sports Today he recently met with the Dockers among others

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/saints-dogs-dockers-target-mccartin/20140805-3d6oz.html

Freo could offer up Zac Dawson and their 1st round pick?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Stop it you're killing me. When Zach the hack left St Kilda the beers were flowing and there were non stop parties for 6 month in celebration. Worst footballer in the competition, if he was't Ross's little pet he wouldn't be getting a game at Freo.

Sorry to rain on your parade chooka, but Dawson does a real good job for Freo.

I too thought he was a dud, but he plays within his limitations and generally does

well one on one.

The most important part though, is it lets Michael Johnson off the chain to run and create.

Dawson and McPharlin get the 2 guns and Johnson creates.

• Like 1

The Dockers have a fair bit of depth, especially in the midfield but Pav lacks support.

I guess it will involve what type of player the Saints want and who the Dockers will let go.

I'm sure Freo are aware that you don't trade boiled lollies to get chocolates.

I reckon Freo will make a huge play for him.

Freo Is an attractive proposition as they will play finals, have a good coach and seem

to be pretty well run.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

The Dockers have a fair bit of depth, especially in the midfield but Pav lacks support.

I guess it will involve what type of player the Saints want and who the Dockers will let go.

Freo Is an attractive proposition as they will play finals, have a good coach and seem

to be pretty well run.

Saints are after a Key Forward and Back McCARTIN is a key forward so if freo want the N#1 pick then they will have to come up with something extraordinary, a 1st & 2nd round pick along with maybe Nathan Fyfe.

to be pretty well run.

Saints are after a Key Forward and Back McCARTIN is a key forward so if freo want the N#1 pick then they will have to come up with something extraordinary, a 1st & 2nd round pick along with maybe Nathan Fyfe.

laugh.png

• Like 2

Well lads, there are some very close games this week.

After two weeks of upsets, I'm predicting the tipping run home to have continual upsets. Top teams will be cautious about injuries to their top players and you have the bottom teams who might prefer priority draft picks, or have nothing to lose and play freely in a game. Combine that with the congestion for places in the top 8 and we have a very interesting finish to the season.

This week we have:

Richmond v Essendon

Gold Coast v Carlton

Port v Swans

Geelong v Freo

St Kilda v Bulldogs

West coast V Collingwood

• Like 2

He could also be the next Jack Wattsrolleyes.gif

• Like 2

After two weeks of upsets, I'm predicting the tipping run home to have continual upsets. Top teams will be cautious about injuries to their top players and you have the bottom teams who might prefer priority draft picks, or have nothing to lose and play freely in a game. Combine that with the congestion for places in the top 8 and we have a very interesting finish to the season.

This week we have:

Richmond v Essendon

Gold Coast v Carlton

Port v Swans

Geelong v Freo

St Kilda v Bulldogs

West coast V Collingwood

Well BookMan, the pressure has been lifted off of me now!

I like Ess, Carlton, Swans, Gee, WB and not sure about the WC/Coll

game as yet.

Will wait for the final sides.

Edit: I would've gone for Freo had Stevie J been suspended.

• Like 1

You Sydney boys,

Do you think the Swans would be interested in a swap of Scott Lycett

for Mitchell?

I think you guys are a bit skinny in the ruck department and WC desperately

need midfielders.

What do you think?

Ryan O keefe not enough for you guys? tongue.png

I'd like to see Sydney keep Mitchell, of course, but....

If he has to go a ruckman or a good defensive player might be the go.

I don't know a lot about lycett.

It seems crazy that Sydney can afford to even consider offloading Mitchell.

Yeah you better go back to Simpson with a better plan khun Will27 tongue.png

We've got some prospects in the seconds that seem to be developing nicely wink.png Derickx was just a stop gap solution whilst Cindarella and Butterfingers were injured.

We might need that extra ruckman this year on second thoughts

The importance of Mike Pyke to Sydney's premiership bid has soared after reserve ruckman Tom Derickx was ruled out for the year with a hamstring injury.

The Swans' decision to place Derickx on the long-term injury list, due to a setback in his recovery from a hamstring injury, ends his season because there is an eight-week minimum for players placed on the long-term injury list.

The only way Derickx, 26, would be eligible to return for the Swans this year is if their is a drawn grand final and the Swans are playing in it.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/injury-ends-season-for-sydney-swans-ruckman-tom-derickx-20140806-101680.html

I think we'll be just fine with the current setup, provided the lumberjack doesn't go limp.

Even if he does there's enough there to get them out of trouble.

Cindarella and Butters can both pinch hit as can Goodesy. Even Billions can have a run in there.

Naismith's been quite impressive by all accounts in the seconds.

This week we have:

Richmond v Essendon

Gold Coast v Carlton

Port v Swans

Geelong v Freo

St Kilda v Bulldogs

West coast V Collingwood

game as yet.

A dart board looks good.

• Like 1

Feelings of last year and before came back to me as i watch in disgust the fade out after leading all day against a side that is nowhere last sunday.

Roos was more than right having a dig at his players, the supporters have had a gut full and for gods sake even the Saints can pass us now.

Some might think not but i dont mind seeing Frawley and a few more so called experienced blokes moved on during trade week, bring the guillotine out and chop some heads off.

The culture wont change while we have experienced players that are use to loosing, nothing more than a win this week will satisfy me.

Another good article by Bob Murphy from the WB.

The blokes I love to play - it's as simple as that

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-blokes-i-love-to-play--its-as-simple-as-that-20140806-10172b.html#ixzz39fDuNKBe

Great article mate.

here are some funny quotes from it:

Callan Ward, GWS: The toughest and vaguest footballer I’ve ever seen.

Ryan O’Keefe, Sydney: Can’t get a game for the Swans but he can for me. Showed me how hard a flanker can run.

Ryan Crowley, Fremantle: I’ve always wanted to have a tagger I can unleash.

Ted Richards, Sydney: Told half a story at a players’ association conference once and couldn’t remember the other half. Good player, too

• Like 1

Feelings of last year and before came back to me as i watch in disgust the fade out after leading all day against a side that is nowhere last sunday.

Roos was more than right having a dig at his players, the supporters have had a gut full and for gods sake even the Saints can pass us now.

Some might think not but i dont mind seeing Frawley and a few more so called experienced blokes moved on during trade week, bring the guillotine out and chop some heads off.

The culture wont change while we have experienced players that are use to loosing, nothing more than a win this week will satisfy me.

Against Hawthorn?

Be prepared to be unsatisfiedtongue.png

You're a bit harsh on your Melbourne lads this year Alex. They are a much better outfit than last year's team.

This year they have looked competitive for most of their games and esp. earlier in the year were continually hard at the ball.

They'll pick up a couple of experienced players end of this season and that will help them next season.

There is a rumour from the Melbourne lads that they'll give their priority picks 3-5 and jack Watts for Malceski, Mitchell and Zac jones from Sydney.

You guys can keep Watts...

• Like 1

Another good article by Bob Murphy from the WB.

The blokes I love to play - it's as simple as that

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-blokes-i-love-to-play--its-as-simple-as-that-20140806-10172b.html#ixzz39fDuNKBe

Great article mate.

here are some funny quotes from it:

Callan Ward, GWS: The toughest and vaguest footballer I’ve ever seen.

Ryan O’Keefe, Sydney: Can’t get a game for the Swans but he can for me. Showed me how hard a flanker can run.

Ryan Crowley, Fremantle: I’ve always wanted to have a tagger I can unleash.

Ted Richards, Sydney: Told half a story at a players’ association conference once and couldn’t remember the other half. Good player, too

Mate

I love Bob Murphy's columns.

They're always a bit different from your average footballers

101 article. I'm hoping he writes a book when he finishes.

His article on Stevie J was a classic.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Tipsters!

Don't forget to double check your tips this week. There has been some incidents of tips having not been saved in recent weeks!

Probably best to make sure you are happy with your selections also...You can never over think these things

Tell me about it.

• Like 1

This week we have:

Richmond v Essendon

Gold Coast v Carlton

Port v Swans

Geelong v Freo

St Kilda v Bulldogs

West coast V Collingwood

game as yet.

Stevie J isn't a problem,we'll put Crowley on him so S J gets rubbed out and won't be playing in the finals. Remember a tap in the goolies is more effective than a knee in the chest biggrin.pngclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

Against Hawthorn?

Be prepared to be unsatisfiedtongue.png

You're a bit harsh on your Melbourne lads this year Alex. They are a much better outfit than last year's team.

This year they have looked competitive for most of their games and esp. earlier in the year were continually hard at the ball.

They'll pick up a couple of experienced players end of this season and that will help them next season.

There is a rumour from the Melbourne lads that they'll give their priority picks 3-5 and jack Watts for Malceski, Mitchell and Zac jones from Sydney.

You guys can keep Watts...

Hmmmmm....Watts should be off limits, next year should be his break out year, he's a big boy and can just about play anywhere, very good passer of the ball with foot and well suite as a good old fashioned ruck rover even across the half back line, that last coach used him well in defence, sorry bookman you would have to be dreaming he's still a kid and got plenty of development in him, Frawley you can have Watts stays.

Harsh? 4 wins...i don't think so, lost to the Saints first game that was ours to loose played the Dogs twice should have won the first time and Lions last weekend was a gimmie and they blew it, needed 7 to 8 wins to claim improvement, nothing wrong with the game plan and endevor just need to move a few on my man.

Hmmmmm....Watts should be off limits, next year should be his break out year, he's a big boy and can just about play anywhere, very good passer of the ball with foot and well suite as a good old fashioned ruck rover even across the half back line, that last coach used him well in defence, sorry bookman you would have to be dreaming he's still a kid and got plenty of development in him, Frawley you can have Watts stays.

You misunderstand me Alex.

We don't want Watts tongue.png . You can keep him. Please!!!

I think it is a possibility Malceski might go to Melbourne and Frawley to Sydney

You misunderstand me Alex.

We don't want Watts tongue.png . You can keep him. Please!!!

I think it is a possibility Malceski might go to Melbourne and Frawley to Sydney

Im more than happy with that deal, watched your man 2 weeks back and was more than delighted with his game, he set you up time and time again, cool head great vision and beautiful disposal, Frawley would get better in your team but not in ours.

And you will be eating your words on Watts in a few years, the kid has had to carry the expectaions of every Dee supporter, the press both print and TV have given him a hard time, for gods sake who has he had as a mentor in our crummy team?

You know they threw him in at full forward then centre half forward at the beginning, crazy man....I saw Paul Roos first game and it was against us, he started his career on the WING not at CHF or FF.

Im more than happy with that deal, watched your man 2 weeks back and was more than delighted with his game, he set you up time and time again, cool head great vision and beautiful disposal, Frawley would get better in your team but not in ours.

And you will be eating your words on Watts in a few years, the kid has had to carry the expectaions of every Dee supporter, the press both print and TV have given him a hard time, for gods sake who has he had as a mentor in our crummy team?

You know they threw him in at full forward then centre half forward at the beginning, crazy man....I saw Paul Roos first game and it was against us, he started his career on the WING not at CHF or FF.

Malceski would be a big loss but I don't see how Sydney can afford him. Better spending the money with a view to the future.

I'm not sure Watts has the mental fortitude necessary. He seems to be in a state of deep depression at times. He re-signed with you guys for 3 years anyway.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Malceski would be a big loss but I don't see how Sydney can afford him. Better spending the money with a view to the future.

I'm not sure Watts has the mental fortitude necessary. He seems to be in a state of deep depression at times. He re-signed with you guys for 3 years anyway.

I don't think Watts has the intestinal fortitude for AFL either to be honest.

I know high expectations were expected of him and going to a crap club didn't

help, but he has been extremely poor. I don't agree about your press and TV

giving him a hard time claim. On the contrary, they've have been reasonably

constrained, at least in the first 3 or 4 years.

If Roosy wants to keep him as a spare down back, that's fine but not what one would

expect for a number 1 pick who was drafted to be a key position player.

He was picked before guys like Nic Nat, Stephen Hill, Hamish Hartlett, Michael Hurley,

Chris Yarran, Daniel Rich,Luke Shuey, Haydn Ballantyne and the list goes on.

He's been in the system for 6 years now so I don't see a break out year coming.

Sure he might improve under Roos, but I don't think he will ever get to the very good

level, let alone elite.

I tend to agree with the great man Leigh Matthews

“To be cruel, you just think Jack Watts should be playing basketball,” he said.

“He’s got skills, he’s got movement but he just doesn’t look like he’s a contact sport player.”

• Like 2

I don't think Watts has the intestinal fortitude for AFL either to be honest.

I know high expectations were expected of him and going to a crap club didn't

help, but he has been extremely poor. I don't agree about your press and TV

giving him a hard time claim. On the contrary, they've have been reasonably

constrained, at least in the first 3 or 4 years.

If Roosy wants to keep him as a spare down back, that's fine but not what one would

expect for a number 1 pick who was drafted to be a key position player.

He was picked before guys like Nic Nat, Stephen Hill, Hamish Hartlett, Michael Hurley,

Chris Yarran, Daniel Rich,Luke Shuey, Haydn Ballantyne and the list goes on.

He's been in the system for 6 years now so I don't see a break out year coming.

Sure he might improve under Roos, but I don't think he will ever get to the very good

level, let alone elite.

I tend to agree with the great man Leigh Matthews

“To be cruel, you just think Jack Watts should be playing basketball,” he said.

“He’s got skills, he’s got movement but he just doesn’t look like he’s a contact sport player.”

he is just barely an average player for a number one pick he turned out to be a dud.

• Like 1