Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Not sure about the guarantee,

But it will give everyone a chance to see how bold they want to tip this week.

Catch up or lose ground.biggrin.png

I can see 9/9 there for you FJ.

I wonder what KhunWill has for his tips?

I know he likes to share

Ok BookMan, just for you, my tips:

Port Carlton

North Adelaide

Ess

GWS

WCE

Geethorn

Freo

Syd &

Rich

biggrin.png

• Like 2

Looks like Fyfe is gone for two weeks. sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png

I reckon Fyfe might appeal that it was reckless and get it

downgraded to a week.

I wouldn't mind seeing Boomer Harvey get life thoughtongue.png

Fyfe's going to the Tribunal tonight along with Boomer...

Agree that Boomer should get more than a couple of weeks, even if he is James Brayshaw's lovechild...

• Like 1

Looks like Fyfe is gone for two weeks. sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png

I reckon Fyfe might appeal that it was reckless and get it

downgraded to a week.

I wouldn't mind seeing Boomer Harvey get life thoughtongue.png

Fyfe's going to the Tribunal tonight along with Boomer...

Agree that Boomer should get more than a couple of weeks, even if he is James Brayshaw's lovechild...

Geez, how can you guys not love Boomer? tongue.png

• Like 1

Geez you Sydney guys are mongrels.

Aussie Rules player to front tribunal over ugly punch

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8893003

Seriously though, that's just plain assault.

I reckon the guy should be charged.

Go get him chooka.

The MRP ruled inconclusive evidence... Reprimand with carry over points :P

In all seriousness, that's just brain snapping stupidity...

• Like 1

A wrap up from last nights footy shows.

One of the panels is recommending trading Jack Watts

and all have said Melbourne don't deserve a priority pick.

I put that in for Alexbiggrin.png

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-collingwood-under-the-spotlight-essendon-coach-mark-thompson-keen-to-stay-on-board/story-fniv64tz-1227028718474

Watts is going nowhere, ( one of the few quite achievers there) about time people got off his back, how in the hell can you expect one man standing to lift that lot? Have you noticed that the media now is talking about Hogan as the next great white hope down there, commentator being what they are making noise know jack shi* the Dees will get a priority pick for sure if they dont win another game and finnish last or second last, they will easily qualify, there form has dropped and with the Eagles in Perth then North at Eithad were we havent won since man walked on the moon its a given.

Do i think we deserve a priority pick? well no i dont in fact i favor a system like the NFL where your draft pick is a lucky dip, the draft shouldnt be about rewarding a bad season, a bad board a bad football department, clubs like Geelong, Hawthorn and the Swans have built excellent lists and traded for low draft picks, the onus should be on the people running the clubs to make the right choices, i can tell you and i have been saying this since Dean Baily god rest his soul, nice guy bad coach decimated our team in his first 2 seasons, by the end of his second season in charge only Robertson was left and thats because he was under contract, but he was gone end of Bailys third season, Danhaier had left an aging yes but a team that had played finals, to cut 8 or 9 experienced players (most in his first season) and fill with kids we were left looking down the barrel then Needle gets in upsets a few of only experienced players one a best and fairest and then on trades him to the Lions, Stynes was lucky he died, other wise the fingers would be pointing at him he will be remembered for saving the club, 3 time club champion and Brownlow medalist the Reach youth foundation but as an administrator he and the guys before him crippled my club.

Roos and the current board will turn it around expect 6 current players being traded and a few more delisted, big mistake to keep Frawley, he would be a good pick up for a team in the window but at Deeland he isnt worth the 600,000 price tag Jamar is more of an old school ruckman again good pick up for a team in the window been around forever time he moved on, Fitzpatrick is that Jimmy Stynes type and we will only get the best out of him if hes playing every game.

Go get him chooka.

The MRP ruled inconclusive evidence... Reprimand with carry over points tongue.png

Yep, just in.

The MRP have decided that there was insufficient force to warrant a reportrolleyes.gif

Go get him chooka.

The MRP ruled inconclusive evidence... Reprimand with carry over points tongue.png

Yep, just in.

The MRP have decided that there was insufficient force to warrant a reportrolleyes.gif

Such a cheap cowardly shot. Conks him from behind then keeps on running, not looking back, like Mr Innocent.

• Like 1

Harvey done for the season one would think... 3 weeks...

What was it for?

Two misconduct charges.
One for the flip and the other for the forearm to the throat.
"Harvey, who was sent direct to the Tribunal, pleaded guilty to flipping Western Bulldogs tagger Liam Picken to the ground in Sunday's clash.
However, he argued that his subsequent forearm to Picken's throat was not an act of misconduct."
  • Like 1

What was it for?

Two misconduct charges.
"Harvey, who was sent direct to the Tribunal, pleaded guilty to flipping Western Bulldogs tagger Liam Picken to the ground in Sunday's clash.
However, he argued that his subsequent forearm to Picken's throat was not an act of misconduct."

Well...that puts a different spin on the game v Adelaide.

What was it for?

Two misconduct charges.

Stop it BookManblink.png

What was it for?

Two misconduct charges.

Freo will be without Barlow and Fyfe.

A different spin on the Brisbane game?

• Like 2

What was it for?

Two misconduct charges.

Don't forget Daniel Wells is out as well.

• Like 1

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-collingwood-under-the-spotlight-essendon-coach-mark-thompson-keen-to-stay-on-board/story-fniv64tz-1227028718474

Watts is going nowhere, ( one of the few quite achievers there) about time people got off his back, how in the hell can you expect one man standing to lift that lot? Have you noticed that the media now is talking about Hogan as the next great white hope down there, commentator being what they are making noise know jack shi* the Dees will get a priority pick for sure if they dont win another game and finnish last or second last, they will easily qualify, there form has dropped and with the Eagles in Perth then North at Eithad were we havent won since man walked on the moon its a given.

Do i think we deserve a priority pick? well no i dont in fact i favor a system like the NFL where your draft pick is a lucky dip, the draft shouldnt be about rewarding a bad season, a bad board a bad football department, clubs like Geelong, Hawthorn and the Swans have built excellent lists and traded for low draft picks, the onus should be on the people running the clubs to make the right choices

Not sure where you get the idea the NFL is a lucky dip draft. In the NFL each team is given a pick in the draft reverse to where it finished the season before. So if a team finished last they have 1st draft pick.

Same same for the AFL.

The draft actually should be about compensating for a bad season,helping the lower teams get access to the better players, to make the competition more even in the longer term.

Yes you can blame the coaches and management, but the game is still played for and supported by its fan base and the fans of the game. Why penalise a clubs fan base for the poor decisions of a few at the top?

Freo will be without Barlow and Fyfe.

A different spin on the Brisbane game?

Before injury I wouldn't really rate Freo and Brissie as a 50/50, whereas North V Adelaide I would.

Barlow out as well eh?

What about Ballantyne?

Michael Walters made a big difference to them last week.

How can you think about not picking the kangas.

Worst 50 point win against bullies i've seen all year.

Should be able to bring crows down to our level this weektongue.png

What concerns me is not who's going to be out but the fact Sam Wright keeps getting a game.

What concerns me is not who's going to be out but the fact Sam Wright keeps getting a game.

Majak daw has a serious injury too doesnt he?

You are lucky there or I'm sure they'd pick him too.

Adelaide by 30 points!

• Like 2

Do i think we deserve a priority pick? well no i dont in fact i favor a system like the NFL where your draft pick is a lucky dip, the draft shouldnt be about rewarding a bad season, a bad board a bad football department, clubs like Geelong, Hawthorn and the Swans have built excellent lists and traded for low draft picks, the onus should be on the people running the clubs to make the right choices

Not sure where you get the idea the NFL is a lucky dip draft. In the NFL each team is given a pick in the draft reverse to where it finished the season before. So if a team finished last they have 1st draft pick.

Same same for the AFL.

The draft actually should be about compensating for a bad season,helping the lower teams get access to the better players, to make the competition more even in the longer term.

Yes you can blame the coaches and management, but the game is still played for and supported by its fan base and the fans of the game. Why penalise a clubs fan base for the poor decisions of a few at the top?

I read a few years back that the NFL draft draw is handed out like a lottery draw in other words you put your hand in the barrel and pull out a number ie 7 so your 7th in line, i google it to check and they use the same system as ours, if thats the case......im expecting a priority pick mr bookman and we will on trade it to you from mr franklin.

The draft has evened out the competition up to a point but few of the lesser clubs not counting your Swans have really used it well to get a premiership.

And who is penalizing us supporters? dont understand mr bookman, my rant about Baily and Needle and the admins that hired them was to give you guys some understanding of how a club lost its way and for a long time.

The Dees would have to be the worst team in the last 50 years even worse than chooks Saints apart from a spell in the 90s and early 00 we have done spectacularly sweet <deleted>** all, ho we did make 2 grand finals...Hawks trounced us and the Bombers kicked a record GF score hmmmm..

Same same for the AFL.

I read a few years back that the NFL draft draw is handed out like a lottery draw in other words you put your hand in the barrel and pull out a number ie 7 so your 7th in line, i google it to check and they use the same system as ours, if thats the case......im expecting a priority pick mr bookman and we will on trade it to you from mr franklin.

The draft has evened out the competition up to a point but few of the lesser clubs not counting your Swans have really used it well to get a premiership.

And who is penalizing us supporters? dont understand mr bookman, my rant about Baily and Needle and the admins that hired them was to give you guys some understanding of how a club lost its way and for a long time.

The Dees would have to be the worst team in the last 50 years even worse than chooks Saints apart from a spell in the 90s and early 00 we have done spectacularly sweet <deleted>** all, ho we did make 2 grand finals...Hawks trounced us and the Bombers kicked a record GF score hmmmm..

I have no problems with the draft.

What i would like to see is a shorter season where every team plays each other once to take the draw out of the equation.

And bring back the old state of origin.

I do feel for you Alex,i can still remember like yesterday north's last gf as i was there to see itsmile.png but may not see anotherone for sometime.sad.png

Adelaide by 30 points!

Dont make me change my mind Bookmanbiggrin.png

A smart man would be on the crows but sometimes loyalty gets in the wayfacepalm.gif

• Like 1

Adelaide by 30 points!

Dont make me change my mind Bookmanbiggrin.png

A smart man would be on the crows but sometimes loyalty gets in the wayfacepalm.gif

North do look a chance.

tongue.png