Bad manners? Do you pick your nose in public? Or spit mucus? Etc.

quiuvo

"Thailand is a Less Developed Country. In time they will achieve the same standard of healthy living followed by westerners and will adhere to a code of manners when in public that won't cause others offense"

Dream on they will never change mannerisms no matter how wealthy they may become.

How do you know this?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Thailand is a Less Developed Country. In time they will achieve the same standard of healthy living followed by westerners and will adhere to a code of manners when in public that won't cause others offense"

Dream on they will never change mannerisms no matter how wealthy they may become.

Hmmmmmmm, in the company of ''Hi-So'' Thai folk I have always observed impeccable manners. They even wear trousers and shoes. whistling.gif

Wish some farangs would follow their example.......coffee1.gif

More disgusting public habits :- looking in a mirror squeezing blackheads on their faces - brushing their hair - having another woman pick in your hair for what, grey hairs or lice - discarding empty drink containers anywhere especially off motor bikes or out of cars - cutting toe nails in guesthouse reception. The one I most hate is when you're on a motor bike following another and they " gob " into the wind.

More disgusting public habits :- looking in a mirror squeezing blackheads on their faces - brushing their hair - having another woman pick in your hair for what, grey hairs or lice - discarding empty drink containers anywhere especially off motor bikes or out of cars - cutting toe nails in guesthouse reception. The one I most hate is when you're on a motor bike following another and they " gob " into the wind.

Disgusting. Pity there always running off to the shower. Anyone knows a proper shower is only necessary once a month.

• Like 1

When i hear thai personell sneeze in a shop/restaurant i always check how they clean their hands afterwards. Most of them rub it on their clothes, i 've never seen them wash their hands.

Also i see many thai putting their bare feet on seats in restaurants/gyms/buses. Or jump in the pool without a shower first. They also don't mind to scratch their arse thorougly in public. I think that's why they don't shake hands but wai instead. wai2.gif

When i hear thai personell sneeze in a shop/restaurant i always check how they clean their hands afterwards. Most of them rub it on their clothes, i 've never seen them wash their hands.

Also i see many thai putting their bare feet on seats in restaurants/gyms/buses. Or jump in the pool without a shower first. They also don't mind to scratch their arse thorougly in public. I think that's why they don't shake hands but wai instead. wai2.gif

I always wondered who had been assigned the job of sneeze checker. It's you, good on ya. I wouldn't do it but I guess someone has too. wai2.gif

You think Thailand is bad? Go to China. People spit everywhere, on the floor of restaurants, hallways, road, sidewalk, malls.... Everywhere and all the time. And taking about picking your nose...you see them cover one hole and blow snot out of the other and then flick the remaining snot with their finger. See this everywhere and all the time too.

• Like 1

Seems folk here are drifting into bashing LOS folk. Do ''we'' forget our heritage of chucking crap out the windows ?

It's not bashing. It is the truth. I dislike it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I dislike the thought of us throwing sh_t out of the window, but it was not that long ago in my country, the UK.

Seems folk here are drifting into bashing LOS folk. Do ''we'' forget our heritage of chucking crap out the windows ?

It's not bashing. It is the truth. I dislike it myself.

I dislike the thought of us throwing sh_t out of the window, but it was not that long ago in my country, the UK.

Eww, I guess they did not wash their hand after that. In the village, they used to dig a hole to poop and you figure it out what happened after that (;

Just because some Thais have bad habits doesn't mean no-one else has any.

Really, using toilet paper is pretty disgusting. It's challenging explaining this to westerners.

Well yes, if you do not follow the procedure of after paper removal you don't follow it up with soap and water eh. That is my procedure and I smell wonderful....................laugh.png

How do you know this?

He doesn't. He's just talking out of his a-hole.

• Like 1

Thailand is a Less Developed Country. In time they will achieve the same standard of healthy living followed by westerners and will adhere to a code of manners when in public that won't cause others offense.

obese-man.jpg

You have NO RIGHT to post my pic on here...I was hot and thirsty, ok?

How do you know this?

He doesn't. He's just talking out of his a-hole.

Yep, he forgets his own countries history.......................coffee1.gif

This must be the idiot post of the year. And the idiots who answer his querie. Talk about get a life.

Some of us like a bit of fun on the forum. Some of us are not miserable.......rolleyes.gif

Yes, but its the ones that treat things like this as a serious social ,cant think of the word, that needs commenting on.

This must be the idiot post of the year.

Now I think you're doing yourself a bit of a disservice there mate. You're not that bad biggrin.png

"Im doing a disservice", but "Im not that bad"??? Whats your first language?+

Queen's English old bean. Of course if you'd kindly point out the language error in my statement it'd be jolly decent of you.

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

Thailand is a Less Developed Country. In time they will achieve the same standard of healthy living followed by westerners and will adhere to a code of manners when in public that won't cause others offense.

obese-man.jpg

You have NO RIGHT to post my pic on here...I was hot and thirsty, ok?
  • Like 1

Another equally, if not more so,filthy habit is picking your teeth. Westerners have tacit approval to do just that, but just as picking your nose, the opposite applies in Thailand. The filthiest part of the human is the mouth. It's just a mattter of culture differences

This must be the idiot post of the year.

Now I think you're doing yourself a bit of a disservice there mate. You're not that bad biggrin.png

"Im doing a disservice", but "Im not that bad"??? Whats your first language?+

Queen's English old bean. Of course if you'd kindly point out the language error in my statement it'd be jolly decent of you.

Aint nothing wrong with my english, is what you mean is that I am worsa?