Thai protesters vow to keep up fight despite election plan

webfact

I sincerely hope that the PTP have a resounding victory in the elections, again. There has been hardly any input from those supporting the PTP during this fiasco, I bet that will change.

And then see what the Dems will do,again!

Be careful what you wish for....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Keep destroying this fragile economy.

Really, that's your only concern? I'm not going to sling mud around but getting rid of a murderous, corrupt, disingenuous and hollier-than-thou group of family member's should be high on the list of item's to take care of.

Sir

If u are married to a thai, the yellows are giving 1 thousand baht a day for pattaya residents to jump on a bus and go to Bangkok to protest.I think that is a jolly good thing to do,will make many thais very happy,and more than willing to vote for yellows,HOORAH TO THOSE NICE,RICH ELITISTS,FOR GIVING THEIR MONEY TO A GOOD CAUSE

• Like 1

Listen up, people. The Democrat Party does not want an election because they cannot win. They want a people council. I pray to God that this will not happen.

Please tell how it affects you personally or what difference it makes? Not on the paper but in reality

Countries with a People's Council include Libya (under Gaddhafi) and North Korea.

That says enough.

• Like 2

What is clear is that the people won't stop now until ties with Thaksin himself have been shattered. That is the reason for the march continuing

They themselves, the protestors in their millions today, are now clear and fully aware that the continued financial rape by the PTP over the last two years, and prior, has been a continuation of one idiot's narcissistic actions.They will now stop at nothing until anybody connected with him is completely ousted and broken, it would appear

Personally, I hope they achieve their aims!

-mel.

You are joking right ? millions ? far from even a 1/10 of one million, The people my friend are not just a few thousand in Bangkok, that is just wishful thinking.

I predict less than 50k at most today now its a reset coffee1.gif

1/10 of one million? I respect your approximation.

But my approximation is closer to 10 millions Thai people in the street right now.

Oh come on ...10s of millions really ? you really think about 15% of the entire country is in the street right now ? on the way to work maybe but protesting ? I think not and nor does the interior minister by a long shot.

"Police are unarmed, with only shields and batons. We will not use tear gas, or if we have no choice, its use will be limited," Interior Minister Jarupong Ruangsuwan said in a televised news conference late Sunday.

"We expect 100,000 people to join the protest. The government believes we can control the situation. We will focus on negotiation," he added.

And that was before the announcement of dissolution.

Edited by englishoak

"Police are unarmed, with only shields and batons. We will not use tear gas, or if we have no choice, its use will be limited," Interior Minister Jarupong Ruangsuwan said in a televised news conference late Sunday."

Didn't they just a few days ago mentioned that they'd bought 10 million baht worth of stronger tear gas? For what?

"We expect 100,000 people to join the protest. The government believes we can control the situation. We will focus on negotiation," he added."

The government couldn't control it last week... What make him think they can control it now?

Edited by Local Drunk

Really, that's your only concern?   I'm not going to sling mud around but getting rid of a murderous, corrupt, disingenuous and hollier-than-thou group of family member's should be high on the list of item's to take care of.

Sir

If u are married to a thai, the yellows are giving 1 thousand baht a day for pattaya residents to jump on a bus and go to Bangkok to protest.I think that is a jolly good thing to do,will make many thais very happy,and more than willing to vote for yellows,HOORAH TO THOSE NICE,RICH ELITISTS,FOR GIVING THEIR MONEY TO A GOOD CAUSE

money coming from the yabba sales from the government departments maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

"Police are unarmed, with only shields and batons. We will not use tear gas, or if we have no choice, its use will be limited," Interior Minister Jarupong Ruangsuwan said in a televised news conference late Sunday."

Didn't they just a few days ago mentioned that they'd bought 10 million baht worth of stronger tear gas? For what?

"We expect 100,000 people to join the protest. The government believes we can control the situation. We will focus on negotiation," he added."

The government couldn't control it last week... What make him think they can control it now?

There is a hell of a lot more than 100,000 marching right now. Half a mil easy...

Really, that's your only concern? I'm not going to sling mud around but getting rid of a murderous, corrupt, disingenuous and hollier-than-thou group of family member's should be high on the list of item's to take care of.

Concern? No. I care about my ability to buy up some stuff and secure my position here as a foreigner when Thais are done damaging things. Currency drop will be splendid for me as I plan to buy a condo building along with some other guys. Be a lot easier once things fall apart.

I could not care less about Thais or Thailand as they certainly don't care about me. tongue.png

• Like 1

So if the government resigns, and is replaced by another "caretaker" government until the elections are held, who comprises that caretaker government? I just don't understand how this is supposed to work.

You are not alone.I have Thai friends who, though not marching today, are fully supportive of Khun Suthep and the Democrats' actions.Yet they are unsure and confused about the details of proposed next steps.I'm not entirely sure even the leaders have a clear road map.

In other words we are in completely uncharted territory and anyone who claims to know where Thailand is heading and how it will get there shouldn't be trusted.But these waters are also dangerous and Gramsci's famous comment is particularly pertinent.” When the old refuses to die, and the new is struggling to be born, monsters appear"

Hence Thaksin...... Well said Jayboy, I think its the most profound and though provoking comment I have ever read from you.

Thaksin, following the Gramsci line of thought, is certainly part of it...but not the end of it.Once revolutionary currents are flowing, the results are unpredictable.It may seem far fetched but it's not impossible in years to come the old elites (or those parts that have not already done so) might regret they didn't deal with Thaksin who is essentially wedded to the status quo.The next leader of the less privileged majority might be much more of a threat.

In circumstances like this one looks to men of calibre to rise to the occasion.I have been very critical of Abhisit but I recognise his quality.The latest indications (and I mean this morning) he has been backtracking on the question of participation in elections.That's a start but a long way to go still.

Satit told protesters that House dissolution was a first victory but was not enough for achieving real democracy and the protests would continue.

He said the People’s Democratic Reform Committee wanted the people’s council to be formed and the caretaker Cabinet to resign. Tavorn said the protesters wanted the caretaker government to resign.

LOL Is this Satit serious does he even know what real democracy is ? a people council Mr Satit is NOT DEMOCRACY its called Communism where the majority peoples vote is ignored and a bunch of criminals rule the country with an iron fist.

GOD HELP THAILAND with idiots like these in charge.

Thailand is clearly heading the way to become the next North Korea. Sadly too many people are too dumb to understand it. They think waving flags is cool and taking pictures with the "mob" to put on Facebook makes them popular among friends.

• Like 1

Shhh, can't talk about them.

Listen up, people. The Democrat Party does not want an election because they cannot win. They want a people council. I pray to God that this will not happen.

Please tell how it affects you personally or what difference it makes? Not on the paper but in reality

Countries with a People's Council include Libya (under Gaddhafi) and North Korea.

That says enough.

No sorry it does not, please do expand

What is clear is that the people won't stop now until ties with Thaksin himself have been shattered. That is the reason for the march continuing

They themselves, the protestors in their millions today, are now clear and fully aware that the continued financial rape by the PTP over the last two years, and prior, has been a continuation of one idiot's narcissistic actions.They will now stop at nothing until anybody connected with him is completely ousted and broken, it would appear

-mel.

You are joking right ? millions ? far from even a 1/10 of one million, The people my friend are not just a few thousand in Bangkok, that is just wishful thinking.

I predict less than 50k at most today now its a reset coffee1.gif

1/10 of one million? I respect your approximation.

But my approximation is closer to 10 millions Thai people in the street right now.

Now if they could just get all those people to vote....

• Like 1

Satit told protesters that House dissolution was a first victory but was not enough for achieving real democracy and the protests would continue.

He said the Peoples Democratic Reform Committee wanted the peoples council to be formed and the caretaker Cabinet to resign. Tavorn said the protesters wanted the caretaker government to resign.

LOL Is this Satit serious does he even know what real democracy is ? a people council Mr Satit is NOT DEMOCRACY its called Communism where the majority peoples vote is ignored and a bunch of criminals rule the country with an iron fist.

GOD HELP THAILAND with idiots like these in charge.

Do where did you learn about democracy? The real one? The one YOU claim to know

There is a hell of a lot more than 100,000 marching right now. Half a mil easy...

You have a crystal ball or a helicopter ? Most gatherings are way way over estimated as it just feels better throwing big numbers about you cant tell unless you have a birds eye view, truth is crowds look an awful lot more from close up or on the ground and feel a lot more in the middle of it than they nearly always are. Just fact.

-mel.

And like Suthep did not do any wrongs??? Just look at WIKIPEDIA ........ Land Deeds ... Buying his own mountain????? 100 Cars owner.... of course by honestly earned money???

• Like 1

Sir

I'm sure you have proof of this, right? Or is this just some red-shirt propaganda your wife passed on to you?

-mel.

And like Suthep did not do any wrongs??? Just look at WIKIPEDIA ........ Land Deeds ... Buying his own mountain????? 100 Cars owner.... of course by honestly earned money???

Well, his salary as MP was after all about 100,000 Baht. That explains the 100 cars and your own mountain on Koh Samui. I make about the same and also have 100 cars and my own mountain on Koh Samui.

Makes sense?

Seems like Suthep wants to transition from democracy to dictatorship.  If thats his end game the least he could do is come out and be honest about it.

honest, lol, do you remember what country your in?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The problems of Thailand can't be easily solved by demonstrations alone. The system itself must be ammended which will lay the foundations of transparency, accountability and punish those which are deemed corrupt. Alas, this country is years from utopia as it will be difficult to weed out the disease of institutionalised corruption which is firmly entrenched into the mindset of seemingly every Thai, from top to bottom.

• Like 2

Will be interesting to see the police response in defending a government that's been dissolved.

My wife is there, with 5 off-duty police officers from Nonthaburi in the march!! - jing jing! (yeah, I thought that's a turnabout of the books too!)

-mel.

""The movement will keep on fighting. Our goal is to uproot the Thaksin regime. Although the House is dissolved and there will be new elections, the Thaksin regime is still in place," rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban told AFP."

I think that now elections are on Suthep may find his support dwindling. He might want to carry on, I doubt many demonstrators do now.

Edited by Bluespunk

100,000 on the streets in a country of 50,000,000.

A small minority trying to impose their will on a large majority.

When will Bangkokians learn that Thailand is much bigger than just Bangkok?

Bangkok is not Thailand. It's a part of Thailand.

• Like 2

-mel.

Suthep isn't running for primeminister. He is a representative of those large numbers out to rid of the 'Shin Corporation'..., oops, my apologies.. the 'Thai Government'. tongue.png

-mel.

I sincerely hope that the PTP have a resounding victory in the elections, again. There has been hardly any input from those supporting the PTP during this fiasco, I bet that will change.

And then see what the Dems will do,again!

Why may I ask do you hope that a CORRUPT Government again has a RESOUNDING VICTORY? Would you not show some intelligence by stating I HOPE THAILAND GETS A GOVERNMENT WHO TRULY CARES ABOUT THEIR NAMTION?

I am NOT advocating either side as you are, because I see none of them caring for the people they are SUPPOSEDLY spouting off they care about.

You seem like a TOTAL fool or someone who only cares for corruption winning. Maybe you are one of those bleeding this country dry?

• Like 1