CBR 500

dogpoo

nc700x is a real good value for 350 k with dual clutch auto. and believe me guys, i tested it and surprised how smooth the tranny was and it is sporty enough as you can change teh gears with two small levers. But even in auto mod, the gear changes were on time and sporty enough.

Only problem for me, it is a 230 kg bike but if you just ride straight, it might be a good thing.

it is also very comfy and had a very torquey engine. 6800 rpm redline sucks though but torque makes things sweet.

Perhaps in the auto gear version is very good. Manual gear not so much, the looser of the 3 tested bikes:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/8/16964/Motorcycle-Article/2013-650-Twins-Shootout.aspx

Edited by guzzi850m2

i did a lot of touring with my cbr500r.

it can maintain speeds around 180 kph with panniers and a passenger in a very stable way with no shake etc.

Also can accelerate to 165 kph easily fast and lots of rolling power above 130 kph if needed

it climbed mountains, go through inclines and bike performed great all teh time and no glitches.

cbr500r is also a lot comfy to tour especially with a higher wind screen besides it is sporty too!

but if touring and more comfort with commanding relaxed position, i recommend honda cb500x. if touring with more sporting intentions than cbr500r.

you cannot go wrong with any of those 500 series.

you can commute to work, ride to track 200 kms and do track day at the same day with honda cbr500r which is great!

check one of my threads from before about a tour i made with my cbr500r to my gf's village close Lao border with my cowboy bagsbiggrin.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/632528-my-steed-is-ready-to-go/page-2?hl=%2Bmy+%2Bsteed+%2Bis+%2Bready+%2Bto+%2Bgo#entry6318942

LL There is no way it will maintain speeds with 180 kph specially with panniers and a passanger. I maxed it out on a straight here to 180 barely hitting it. From 170 it took ages to get to 180 and thats with only me and no panniers. Also on a motorway if a pick up is rolling at 120-130 getting over it QUICKLY wont be as easy as it sounds.

Unless you have changed, pipe, ecu, air filters, tyres, dropped some weight off the bike then Maybe.

For cruising I would recommend 500X very comfortable. But idealy Versys.

Well i maxed out at 190 kph so going at 180 kph is pretty normal but as i stated, no way you can maintain that speed for hours.

nc700x is a real good value for 350 k with dual clutch auto. and believe me guys, i tested it and surprised how smooth the tranny was and it is sporty enough as you can change teh gears with two small levers. But even in auto mod, the gear changes were on time and sporty enough.

Only problem for me, it is a 230 kg bike but if you just ride straight, it might be a good thing.

it is also very comfy and had a very torquey engine. 6800 rpm redline sucks though but torque makes things sweet.

Are you sure about that price for the auto version?

yes, as honda bigwing only has dual clutch version of this bike.

check their website.http://www.aphonda.co.th/hondabigwing/home.ashx#product-NC700X-spec.ashx

• Like 1

yes, as honda bigwing only has dual clutch version of this bike.

check their website.http://www.aphonda.co.th/hondabigwing/home.ashx#product-NC700X-spec.ashx

Says 463k on that link ??

• 1 month later...

Big Wing have some available.

yeah, but they cost like 50,000 Baht 5555

Some Leo Vince full and slip-on : http://www.mocyc.com/market967383/ from 7,000B to 17,700B but they are just too ugly.

I'm looking for a Two Brothers slip-on for my CB500F

edit: not that hard... found Two Brothers slip on http://www.mocyc.com/market872401/ for 18,500 Baht.

they do sound nice!!! and 2HP gain @5500

Edited by brfsa2

no more 1000 km valve check for 2014 model honda 500 series. i checked yesterday with the head mechanic.

i think they fixed the problem with chocolate valves and first valve check is at 24 k km now.

i think they fixed the problem with chocolate valves and first valve check is at 24 k km now.

Won't they melt?

Thai chocolate .. doesn't melt.. it's more plastic than chocolate ...horrible taste as well.. surprise!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

just did my 1000 KM check today (got my bike 10 days ago)

they said Valve Check only at 24,000 KM now. :D

btw. I saw a few CBF650 tri-color inside the shop getting ready for pick-up... I wonder who are they luck ones :D

Talked the other day to a friend of a friend who works at the honda factory, he told me they can make up to 200 CB650F per day, but only a few are for thai market... and they have over 1200 bookings for CB650 !!! holy sh1t.

they said Valve Check only at 24,000 KM now. :D

btw. I saw a few CBF650 tri-color inside the shop getting ready for pick-up... I wonder who are they luck ones :D

Talked the other day to a friend of a friend who works at the honda factory, he told me they can make up to 200 CB650F per day, but only a few are for thai market... and they have over 1200 bookings for CB650 !!! holy sh1t.

Ans still no-one who has ridden one to report what they are like?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

they said Valve Check only at 24,000 KM now. biggrin.png

btw. I saw a few CBF650 tri-color inside the shop getting ready for pick-up... I wonder who are they luck ones biggrin.png

Ans still no-one who has ridden one to report what they are like?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do I Look Like I Give A dam_n what they are like riding? LOL

• Like 1

btw. I saw a few CBF650 tri-color inside the shop getting ready for pick-up... I wonder who are they luck ones biggrin.png

I thought they would only be ready at the end of March.

Isn't there one forum member who will have the first in the world? coffee1.gif

yes, delivery will be at that time, end of March.

and does it bother you if i get one of the first bikes?

Edited by ll2

yes, delivery will be at that time, end of March.

and does it bother you if i get one of the first bikes?

No, i am happy that you get one of the first ones because after 20 years on cruisers i am actually thinking about buying one myself, so can't wait to read your ride report.

BTW. What are you getting?? CBR or CB??