Thai protesters congratulated for "reclaiming country with bare hands"

webfact

If you follow a madman for access to his trough you are mad yourself.

Just remember all of you that protest today that a few years ago before your present government you may have been shot or at the very least injured.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think red supporters? Has Yingluck's government deliberate loss of more than 10 billion US dollars on rice scheme been justified? Bear in mind, they wasted 10 billion USD, not baht, just to stay popular in rural Thailand. How can anyone justifie that? It endangers the whole country's financial stability and the system.

An absolute idiot could run the country that way and win the election. Who is going to make up for more than 10 billion USD lost? By the way, rumour has it that there are 200 billion baht unaccounted for.

The rice scheme was designed to help poor farmers who were being forced to sell their land to the rich and become tenants because they couldn't afford to keep going. The ruling elite rubbed their hands in glee as they bought up even more ethnic Thai owned land. I'm not saying the scheme is not corrupt. I'm not saying it is the most efficient way of taking money from the rich to give to the poor. I'm not saying that some of those administering the scheme don't have their fingers in the till. but it is a scheme. and no government has ever come up with a way to help the rural poor before. If Suthep has a better scheme to help the poor I'd love to hear it. But of course he hasn't. His patrons are very keen to abolish the scheme so that they can get their hands on more of the peasants land.

You talk like Yingluck. It's all for the poor therefor don't ask me where the 600,000,000,000 THB went. I bit nasty IMO. Using the poor farmers as a reason to fill your own pockets. But of course Yingluck is a real Thaksin so what else could one expect. Luckily the plundering of the state coffers is coming to an end.

Not by a longshot. Are you saying that corruption started and will end with the Shinawatras? Please go ahead and dumbify yourself.

Suthep didn't win. He lost. An election is the last thing he wanted. And he will lose again when February comes and the Thai people show the Democrats again that they don't want them in power.

Suthep can proclaim victory like North Koreas Kim Jong-un but the truth is that he has no power at all, without the army or police behind him, which he doesn't have.

So do you really think that the Thai people want this bunch of thieves voted in again? If (and it's a big if) there will be an election in two months time, Thaksin will not win. During the time up to the election I am sure of a lot of irregularities will show up regarding how the country's finances been managed during the last two year. The people in the north and north-east of Thailand are maybe not as well educated as the Bangkok Thais but they still hate thieves.

That is sound logic indeed considering the "Thaksin clan" has only won like 5 out of the last 7 elections. I am not saying they are right but please examine the facts. Election held later makes this high season possible and defers collateral damage until posted. Name the next PM if you feel the Thaksins will lose.

They're trying to use tactics to avoid the red commies from buying another election on the back of the poor by not enabling it in 6 months. The new PM will hopefully get royal approval and the country can move forward. And hopefully move forward in forums from expats with farm girls they met in bottom of the barrel pubs. A new constitution with preventions against corruption and oligarchies is the goal. That's the deal from the anti gov't leaders who are customers at our firm. The next PM would likely be the likes of Korn or Abhisit. A leader with a clue, an education and a clean history- and maybe one who can not be a total inept ass for interviews with CNN and Al Jazeera etc.

Gemini, you have finally revealed your propagandist motives.

Thank you.

Edited by philw

Just remember all of you that protest today that a few years ago before your present government you may have been shot or at the very least injured.

Absolute nonsense. The red shirts protested for months, indulging in violence of every kind before the army finally said enough.

The 200,000 protesting yesterday and those today have been peaceful and good humoured.

Please join them if you don't believe me.

Absolute nonsense. The red shirts protested for months, indulging in violence of every kind before the army finally said enough.

The 200,000 protesting yesterday and those today have been peaceful and good humoured.

Please join them if you don't believe me.

I noticed how you like to compare to past protests, does that include when the PAD members run a cop's ass over with a car? And I would hardly call ping pong balls and throwing rocks as peaceful demonstrations.

Both sides have members who like to indulge in violence and if we going to talk about how much these protests are hampering the economy then we probably have to start another thread.

Has Yingluck got the stomach for another fight? To be constantly dogged by questions of putting family before country, incompetence, no leadership skills- it can't be fun.

As self-inflected as her situation might be and as justifiably loathed as she is by so many Thais I've got to give her props for maintain a modicum of holding it together amid the shitstorm that comes her way on a daily basis over literally everything. If it were me I'd be shotgunning tylenol 24-7 or have given up long ago and gone back to bed with a mug of Horlicks and a Rupert The Bear Annual..[/quot

Rupert ???? Pervert.

• Like 1

For the many of you who are banking on a PTP win in the forthcoming election, I would suggest you have missed the whole point of this uprising. The people want to see the end of both Thaksin and the PTP, so this battle will not be over until that is achieved.

I would suggest that the proposed election will not take place in February; indeed, I think there is a better chance of a multi-party interim government taking over for the next year or so, which would finally give this country a chance at achieving real democracy.

This is maybe what is being chanted from the pulpit but consider my post 105

Last thing Suthep wanted. They have an ever decreasing window of opportunity to seize power and that may have been shortened by the wait for the election which they cannot win. Some on here are missing the real end game, If you gave Suthep a choice of being in power with his council or removing Shinawatra he would at this time, without hesitation choose the former. Failure to take dictatorial control of the nation will have dire consequences for his backers in the future

I saw another post with links to a theory today which re-enforces my believe ...this has very little to do with corruption...its what the future holds that Suthep is trying to grab power for. Everything is only a theory but you have to remove yourself from Thaksin being the anti christ and ask why are they so scared of him and what are they scared of losing. Look at Suthep and ask does this man care about the people or like most his pockets. What is it that will remove him from the trough forever...and its not the dreaded rice scam. Use your imagination and you find why Suthep is being paid to froth like a rabid dog on speed

Edited by backtonormal

Now we can see the move from the opposition. He is now revealing the true plan behind everything he sell to the people. If what he is doing now is to go against the police department than this is bad news to him and the people of Thailand. By doing this he have go against the law of the country. You all forgotten something, there is still a higher power then the government. Your King still have the right and the army is still under your king command.

For me is simple, the opposition wants power then just give it to them. See if he is able to do what he promise to the people regarding on the "People Council" and what do he mean by giving back the power to the people? and what he will do on corruption and dictatorship.

If he really able to setup a people council, let see how clean from corruption this council will be. There will be a disadvantage in all this, if the International community cannot accept this type of government then Thailand will be a waste land with very bad economy crisis.

The police isn't called "Royal" Thai Police for nothing. By dissolving the Royal Thai Police, he's putting the final nails in his coffin. I wouldn't be surprised if this was over faster than anyone expects.

Sutheps financiers believe they are above the law. Thaksin is the threat to the Status Quo. Please ask why they are so scared of him and stop bleating about rice and corruption and 2.2 trillion. Its obvious

Congratulated? Well, I think the perfect analogy here is a toddler who cries all the time. Is it efficacious? Yes. Does it deserve congratulations or any sort of intellectual acclaim. No! I personally think the protesters are the heart of the problem in this instance. If you don't have this mindless, following herd, we would not be having these problems. Your leaders need to be making sense before you decide to get behind them.

Edited by isawasnake

Our intrepid cub reporter, Nick Nostitz, has recovered from his injuries at the hands of Suthep's violent mob and is back in business filing his famous unbiased "freelance" reports on Red Mandala, this time from the other side of the fence. http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2013/12/10/ramkhamhaeng-a-view-from-inside-the-stadium/

I can't wait to here from the RU Rector concerning these allegations. The story fits exactly with what was being reported on the day ( by credible sources that is, not the absurd crap being pushed by one particular poster...who seems to have disappeared).